Rocksmith & Rocksmith 2014 discussion thread

showtime3244showtime3244 Unsigned
edited December 2013 in Less Rokk More Talk
Here is an article at rollingstone.com talking about the 1st real guitar game. It's not talking about RB3.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/blogs/gear-up/rocksmith-the-first-real-guitar-game-20110314
Full Setlist

Best Coast – “When I’m With You”
Blur – “Song 2″
Cream – “Sunshine Of Your Love”
Dan Auerbach – “I Want Some More”
David Bowie – “Rebel Rebel”
Eric Clapton – “Run Back To Your Side”
Franz Ferdinand – “Take Me Out”
Incubus – “I Miss You”
Interpol – “Slow Hands”
Jarvis ****er – “Angela”
Jenny O -”Well OK Honey”
Kings Of Leon “Use Somebody”
Lenny Kravitz – “Are You Gonna Go My Way”
Little Barrie – “Surf Hell”
Lynyrd Skynyrd – “Sweet Home Alabama”
Muse – “Plug In Baby”
Muse – “Unnatural Selection”
Nirvana – “Breed”
Nirvana – “In Bloom”
Radiohead – “High And Dry”
Red Fang – “Number Thirteen”
Silversun Pickups – “Panic Switch”
Soundgarden – “Outshined”
Spoon – “Me And The Bean”
Stone Temple Pilots – “Between The Lines”
Stone Temple Pilots – “Vasoline”
Taddy Porter – “Mean B.i.t.c.h”
The Animals – “House of the Rising Sun”
The Black Keys – “I Got Mine”
The Black Keys – “Next Girl”
The Boxer Rebellion – “Step Out Of The Car”
The Cribs – “We Share The Same Skies”
The Cure – “Boys Don’t Cry
The Dead Weather – “I Can’t Hear You”
The Horrors – “Do You Remember”
The Pixies – “Where’s Is My Mind”
Queens of the Stone Age – “Go With The Flow”
Rapscallions – “California Brain”
Red Hot Chili Peppers “Higher Ground”
The Rolling Stones – “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction”
The Rolling Stones – “Play With Fire”
The Rolling Stones – “The Spider And the Fly”
The Strokes – “Under Cover Of Darkness”
Sigur Rós – “Gobbledigook”
The White Stripes – “Icky Thump”
The Yellow Moon Band – “Chimney”
Titus Andronicus – “A More Perfect Union”
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – “Good Enough”
Velvet Revolver – “Slither”
VsThem – “6AM Salvation”
White Denim – “Burnished”
The xx – “Islands”

Bonus Songs

Seth Chapla – “Jules”
Chris Lee “Boss”
Brian Adam McCune “Ricochet”

Comments

• dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited March 2011
    The tracklist has some good bands, probably repeats though. Wonder what the Animals song is. Also, lol at the comment: Finally, I can play a real guitar but can't play guitar hero.
  • JerkinatorJerkinator Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Gee, another game that'll bite the dust. Too bad The Animals & Rolling Stones apparently have songs on disc as we don't seem to be getting ANY here whatsoever.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited March 2011
    Expectations- DOA.

Ubisoft, please just stick to Assassin's Creed.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited March 2011
    They say you can use any guitar...
  • KBeatle96KBeatle96 Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    This actually looks pretty cool, hope the animals song is House of the Rising Sun.
    GET ON IT HMX!
    And using my own guitar in the game is a pretty big draw for me.
  • edited March 2011
    Interesting
  • skyp1eskyp1e Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    I will reserve my opinion for when I try it out in a store or see it on youtube.

Note to data conversion has ALWAYS been a problem and I don't see a video game solving it when it hardly works in professional DAWS.
  • edited March 2011
    Some interface peeks here, looks odd but you dont see much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx0S4FYip
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    This gets more Rolling Stones, and Harmonix can't get it???

*head explodes*
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Link doesn't work, Doc.
  • skyp1eskyp1e Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    I discovered some promotional videos on youtube, but that doesn't really say much. Commercials are commercials. I want to see someone that bought it with their own money upload a video and say what they think.
    edited March 2011
    Welp, it looks like total you know what.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYzoavA8B_8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx0S4FYip-k

"Hoo! It just plugs right in!"

Pff.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited March 2011
    I found these links. They show a little of the interface. Looks like Slow Hands by Interpol and When I'm With You by Best Coast are in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAP-IvVXoHM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx0S4FYip-k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYzoavA8B_8
  • JesusSilencioJesusSilencio Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Seems interesting. As someone else sorta said, I dunno how accurate the scoring will be.

It might turn out to be all right. They aren't throwing any instruments in a volcano, which is a good sign :p
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited March 2011
    I don't understand the disdain for 'traditional' music video games (as shown in the RS article). It's a GAME. Games are fun. Learning real guitar is, y'know, learning. Learning CAN be fun, I guess, but it's more work than a game. If you wouldn't call a COD player a poser for not joining the army, I don't see why anyone should have any hate for a fakey plastic 5 button guitar. Because everyone knows it's fakey and plastic. Because that's all it was ever supposed to be. A damn game.
  • redhedredhed Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    SheSaidSheSaid;4335537 said:
    I don't understand the disdain for 'traditional' music video games (as shown in the RS article). It's a GAME. Games are fun. Learning real guitar is, y'know, learning. Learning CAN be fun, I guess, but it's more work than a game. If you wouldn't call a COD player a poser for not joining the army, I don't see why anyone should have any hate for a fakey plastic 5 button guitar. Because everyone knows it's fakey and plastic. Because that's all it was ever supposed to be. A damn game.

a) bandwagon hopping
    b) paid by ubisoft to write the article
    c) both

The sheer denial that Rock Band 3's pro mode exists just feels...funny.
    edited March 2011
    If this sells more than 10,000 units, I'll eat my hair.
  • RednazRednaz Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    God those are terrible demo videos. Saw like 5 seconds of actual play in each one.
  • mec_osmec_os Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    i can already do this in garageband
  • knifes39knifes39 Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    WHAT THE **** UBISOFT?!?! seriously guys come on stick to something you know and dont try to go into rhythm games please :(
  • FromtonRougeFromtonRouge Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    Sorry if it was already posted... Ubisoft just announced a new real guitar game : RockSmith

You need a real guitar (any guitar) and you plug it to the console thanks to a Jack-USB interface

Links :

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ubisoft-announces-new-guitar-video-167560
    http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/blogs/gear-up/rocksmith-the-first-real-guitar-game-20110314

It seems there are no pictures or in-game video at the moment.

By reading the game description, it looks more like the OFFBEAT game (http://www.offbeatforum.com/jamorigin/) than RB3

What do you think ?
  • LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    In the article, they forgot to mention Rock Band 3 has a mode in which you can learn how to play Guitar. Is Pro mode that unknown? This a shame, as even on videogaming sites they don't know what the game is capable of..Bad advertisement..

I don't know what to say, honestly. Nowadays, everything Ubisoft makes is a pile load of crap, and if there was a way to make a Guitar/Rhythm game with a true guitar and a "simple" USB/Jack adaptor, I think HMX would have used a similar technology..I trust HMX rather than the geniouses who brought us "We Dare", so guess my conclusions.

If this sells more than RB3, though..Meh, can't even think about it.
  • blckshpblckshp Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    .....with all the links to articles in less than 12 hours after the articles were published and didn't even mention RB3.............

Draw your own conclusions.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited March 2011
    Dude, he joined in 2008. Probably a lurker.

Also, they got "The Animals"? Interesting.
    edited March 2011
    I don't get it, are you sayin I'am a sort of Ubisoft dev and try to sell the product????

Just look at my profile and links in my signature... I am a hardcore RB fan. I saw the news on twitter and I am just curious
  • skyttskyttskyttskytt Headliner
    edited March 2011
    blckshp;4335593 said:
    .....with all the links to articles in less than 12 hours after the articles were published and didn't even mention RB3.............

Draw your own conclusions.

Kotaku has already run an article on it, not that hard to think people are finding it all over the place. Not to mention, there's already a thread going in the less rokk more talk section (albeit with a not-obvious title), which showed up on the forums 4 hours before this thread was created. The person that created that thread had the link above to Rolling Stone, and it's not that hard to imagine that some people who play Rock Band may regularly read Rolling Stone.
    edited March 2011
    skyttskytt;4335605 said:
    Kotaku has already run an article on it, not that hard to think people are finding it all over the place. Not to mention, there's already a thread going in the less rokk more talk section (albeit with a not-obvious title), which showed up on the forums 4 hours before this thread was created. The person that created that thread had the link above to Rolling Stone, and it's not that hard to imagine that some people who play Rock Band may regularly read Rolling Stone.

Aaah sorry, don't saw the first thread. Mods can lock this one...

As I said I found the news on twitter (with a link to the rolling stone article)
  • toymachineSHtoymachineSH Headliner
    edited March 2011
    Now that GH isn't around you guys can hate on Ubisoft now- especially since their ****ty Michael Jackson game outsold Dance Central and Rock Band 3
  • LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4335548 said:
    If this sells more than 10,000 units, I'll eat my hair.

Prepare you razor. The game interface seems so awkward.. Flags? o_o Meh.

The main problem I have with this game and the short reviews that came along with is the lack of reference of RB3 and its Pro Mode.

It's just disappointing and I think HMX really did the worst job ever at advertising "The" groundbreaking revolution of rhythm games. It's like they wanted the mode to be loved only by informed gamers and we hardcore fans. I just don't get it.
  • SystemSCSnakeSystemSCSnake Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    What seems like the biggest Make it or Break it is the fact that you can use any guitar. That has to be damn near clunky as hell, or damn near impossible. I'm not sure of the accuracy of measuring sound wavelengths or, vibrations within the string, whatever the heck it is it's not gonna end up being accurate, and it's gonna end up spawning bad reviews.