• Soundgarden - Outshined
    • Spoon – Me and The Bean
    • Stone Temple Pilots – Vasoline
    • Taddy Porter – Mean *****
    • Titus Andronicus – A More Perfect Union
    • White Denim – Burnished
    • The White Stripes – Icky Thump
    • Yellow Moon Band - Chimney

Soundgarden exclusive? Other than Where is My Mind? not much to excite me.

Wow, I thought they would come out swingin'. Looks like the best songs were the ones they played on the demo (The Animals). Not impressed at all by the selection. And why, if they don't need stems, did they not just partner up with Apple and make the game run through i tunes. There is obviously something fishy about this project. I think it is a lot more work to chart the music then we were led to believe.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited June 2011
    You can't see it, but my computer is covered in vomit over Best Coast. Checked them out watching the Coachella stream and...no...
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited June 2011
    dog037;4409021 said:
    New Songs!

• Best Coast – When I'm With You
    • Blur – Song 2
    • The Black Keys – Next Girl
    • The Boxer Rebellion – Step Out Of The Car
    • Cream – Sunshine Of Your Love
    • The Cribs – We Share The Same Skies
    • The Cure – Boys Don't Cry
    • Jenny O – Well OK Honey
    • Lynyrd Skynyrd – Sweet Home Alabama
    • Nirvana – Breed
    • Pixies – Where Is My Mind?
    • Radiohead – High and Dry
    • Red Fang – Number Thirteen
    • The Rolling Stones – The Spider and the Fly
    • Silversun Pickups – Panic Switch

Edit: Source

Only thing I'm excited about that isn't in Rock Band is Best Coast, and that isn't worth an entire game IMO. Good song, but not that epic.
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited June 2011
    dog037;4409021 said:
    New Songs!

If I remember correctly they're not using isolated masters (so when you miss a note the guitar doesn't cut out and the game isn't on off switches like gh and rb) so the licensing for songs is mostly likely different. I'm guessing music game exclusives pertain to master stems licensing for gaming only, this would explain something like the iphone/ipod touch game tap tap Metallica.

Not using isolated masters opens up a lot of doors when it comes to licensing and what can't be used due to non existing or non working masters.

My personal opinion on the game is that there is barely any game aspect to it and is more of a new way to teach guitar. I personally wouldn't have marketed it as a game, the gaming community will rip it to shreds due to its lack of real game (imo) bringing down sales, but instead to the guitar stores as an alternative and fun option to to learn to play guitar instead of the books. Granted its a slower burn sales wise, but a better chance for success and it has longevity due to its lack of focus on aesthetics (from what I've seen).
  • DMBilliesDMBillies Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    RRhoads;4408881 said:
    Why are you only thinking about the latency between the console and the speakers?
    Why do you also think surround has anything to do with it? Processing? What about amps/pedals with different DIGITAL effects? How do you explain that there is no input lag there?
    I am thinking about latency there because the original comment in the review was that Rocksmith needs to fix the latency. Maybe a lot of that latency is going to be the link from guitar through the console. That part of the equation, Rocksmith does have some control over in the design of the adapter and what they choose to do with the signal when it is in your console.

They do NOT have control over the signal after it leaves the console and there is latency in many sound systems that they will have no control over. What do I mean by processing? Things like changing the settings that a lot of surround systems have (e.g., arena, concert hall, etc.). I know if I change my dolby settings on my system I get different audio calibrations in RB.

In any case, lag at any point is a problem, I was just saying that lag in the system that occurs after the console/PC, is something that Rocksmith has no control over and there is no way to calibrate for it.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited June 2011
    dog037;4409021 said:
    New Songs!

• Blur – Song 2
    • Nirvana – Breed

It's possible exclusivity is for 5 button games, and this doesn't qualify.

Or soundgarden isn't exclusive, and just wanted too much.
  • RRhoadsRRhoads Unsigned
    edited June 2011
    DMBillies;4409492 said:

In any case, lag at any point is a problem, I was just saying that lag in the system that occurs after the console/PC, is something that Rocksmith has no control over and there is no way to calibrate for it.

I agree with the rest of the post, and I do agree with what you are saying here, but I really don't think the latency between the console and the speakers will be much of a problem. Like I said, speaking from own experience and looking at how similiar software has works and has worked. On advanced surround systems, there's always some processes you can turn off to minimize the lag.
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Well thanks to Radiohead and Black Keys my wife will likely approve this purchase....if I want it. Looking forward to Cream and Outshined Outshined Outshined.
  • Ruz-ElRuz-El Rising Star
    edited June 2011
    I have a guitar, but I'm not interested in this game at all. Unless it hits the $20 price or something. That said, they have a Rolling Stones song that I don't think has appeared anywhere else. We need some of these Stones songs in Rock Band! It ain't right I tell ya!

I'm going to email Keith Richards and get on this...
  • abynormalabynormal Rising Star
    edited June 2011
    And once again my hopes of seeing Clapton on my beloved music game are diminished.
  • toymachineSHtoymachineSH Headliner
    edited June 2011
    Ruz-El;4410153 said:
    I have a guitar, but I'm not interested in this game at all. Unless it hits the $20 price or something. That said, they have a Rolling Stones song that I don't think has appeared anywhere else. We need some of these Stones songs in Rock Band! It ain't right I tell ya!

I'm going to email Keith Richards and get on this...
    I doubt this game will be $20 anytime soon because it requires a cable to play it.
  • radrob202radrob202 Unsigned
    edited June 2011
    This Rocksmith game is $80 and it only has like 5 songs on it.
    edited June 2011
    5 songs you care about?

There's over 50 songs on the disc
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited June 2011
    I was not happy with people's reaction over Youtube about this. I had to keep telling them that ROCK BAND HAS DONE THIS!
    edited June 2011
    like omg Fretlight already did what Rock Band did

http://www.jcsautomation.com/axmaster.asp
    edited June 2011
    The power of marketing. Now Dave Navarro endorses it.
  • raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Fretlight doesn't detect what you're playing or where your fingers are, but it looks like a neat idea.
  • nicko68nicko68 Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    abynormal;4410377 said:
    And once again my hopes of seeing Clapton on my beloved music game are diminished.

I don't get it. I think he was one of the ones who didn't like the GH/RB games with the fake plastic guitars, but I figured with RB3 being able to use the pro controllers, that we'd get his stuff in game.
  • Ruz-ElRuz-El Rising Star
    edited June 2011
    nicko68;4415439 said:
    I don't get it. I think he was one of the ones who didn't like the GH/RB games with the fake plastic guitars, but I figured with RB3 being able to use the pro controllers, that we'd get his stuff in game.

Clapton's management probably don't realize that you can now use a real guitar in Rock Band.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    dog037;4409021 said:
    New Songs!

• Blur – Song 2
    • Nirvana – Breed

there are a few good songs in there, a few we already have in RB, and a bunch of bands i never heard of. red fang? white denim? yellow moon band? well, at least it will be colorful.

notice that a lot of the songs are fairly chordy, not very complex songs. outside of cream and skynyrd (relatively speaking), nothing on that list looks very challenging, unless the half of those songs i've never heard before are really, really hard.
    edited June 2011
    Red Fang is really cool actually and Yellow Moon Band is kind of jammy- nothing too crazy.

Viral Ad
    edited June 2011
    http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/07/rocksmith-preview-six-string-authenticity
    The early Alpha version of the game I demoed showed off a few of the game's bold ideas about moving you up the ladder towards real-life guitar proficiency. For starters, there's a plethora of minigames designed to include your manual dexterity on the fretboard. Also, instead of choosing a song's difficulty level before you play it, each track is split into different phrases which "level up" as you play them successfully. As each phrase increases in level, more notes, chords and special techniques are added, until you're actually playing something that sounds similar to the song in question.

And, thanks to Rocksmith's detection of your guitar's sound and its bevy of built-in guitar effects, the songs you play actually sound like the songs you play. Those effects can also be used in a freestyle "Amp" mode, which lets you customize your guitar's tone with remarkable detail using any of a bajillion combinations of pedals, amps and filters. My very favorite time I spent with Rocksmith were the hours I whittled away experimenting with unfamiliar tones, your catalog of which expands as you progress through the game.

It might even be a viable, cost-effective replacement for an expensive set of stompable sound modulators, if it weren't for the largest problem I experienced with Rocksmith: There's some pretty noticeable lag on some displays. It's a problem inherent in some televisions -- particularly cheaper ones -- alleviated somewhat by switching to composite cables and turning your television's "Game Mode," provided it has one. Still, unless you're playing on a relatively latency-free TV or using an external speaker, you're going to get a hundred or so milliseconds of lag -- just enough to add a delay between your plucking a string and the game registering said pluck.

It's not enough to make the actual game unplayable, but it certainly throws off your performance in the freestyle Amp mode. It also cheapens another neat feature -- after you play a song, it plays it back to you, amplifying your own contributions. When those contributions are a beat behind the actual song, it just makes you sound like the most distracted guitarist in the history of the instrument.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    toymachineSH;4415990 said:

Greatest issue ever. I guess ubisoft devs never EVER played guitar through Guitar Rig. This just might prevent from buying it. I seriously hope that the final version will be fixed (cause it CAN be fixed, just adding pre-determinates pateches for the audio output latency-regulation. At least, that's how I managed the problem with guitar rig, with ASIO plugins)
    edited June 2011
    That's cool that it plays it back to you after so you can hear how terrible you sound. :p There's that lag issue and Ars Technica mentioned it as well. It's going to be a wild card since everyone has different AV setups.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited June 2011
    I listened through the soundtrack and most of the songs are pretty awesome. One thing I noticed is all of the indie type bands that were announced in that last string of announcements all played at SXSW this year...
    edited June 2011
    a Dev on twitter answered the difficulty scaling question:

As you play, Rocksmith tracks your profile. So, for expert players, the game will quickly adapt to you and max out the songs.
    edited June 2011
    Forgot to mention that in the Ars article it differentiates difficulty by solo, riffs, etc. In other words if you nail a riff and suck at the solo you should be boosted back to that level of riff you were playing. And I think they said that it remembers from each play how you did.