Rocksmith & Rocksmith 2014 discussion thread

Comments

• WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    Looks like a compromised pack between @tnevaker and me. Awesome!
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited May 8
    I was a big fan of Sheryl Crow back in the day, and at one point I tried to looked up the chords for some of her songs. The chart for "My Favorite Mistake" is pretty intimidating, that riff is so catchy but that seems like a pretty tricky slide to pull off, repeatedly.

I like to believe that song is about Eric Clapton whether or not that's actually true.

Add this pack to the list of DLC that I would be playing repeatedly if only I could get myself to start playing!
    I just saw an ad this morning for a book titled, "Be Bad First" which directly addresses my rather common issue: I hate to try things that I'm going to be terrible at, at first.
  • I just saw an ad this morning for a book titled, "Be Bad First" which directly addresses my rather common issue: I hate to try things that I'm going to be terrible at, at first.

Yeah, but you didn't always.
    Zing?
    Yes, I practiced Rock Band [and DDR] in the privacy of my own home so nobody would see me playing and know that I wasn't awesomely talented (but I wanted to be). I'm still not awesome, not compared to many people on the message boards, but random people on the street would be stunned by my Rock Band abilities. But not my Rocksmith abilities. Not right now. And people would be able to hear me playing, though the walls, and everyone would know instantly that I'm not very good. And that mortifies me.

My parents tell me that, even as a young kid, the few things that I wasn't good at right away [I used to be a genius!] would frustrate me greatly. It might be common but it's something I'd like to overcome. Again.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior

Zing?
    Yes, I practiced Rock Band [and DDR] in the privacy of my own home so nobody would see me playing and know that I wasn't awesomely talented (but I wanted to be). I'm still not awesome, not compared to many people on the message boards, but random people on the street would be stunned by my Rock Band abilities. But not my Rocksmith abilities. Not right now. And people would be able to hear me playing, though the walls, and everyone would know instantly that I'm not very good. And that mortifies me.

My parents tell me that, even as a young kid, the few things that I wasn't good at right away [I used to be a genius!] would frustrate me greatly. It might be common but it's something I'd like to overcome. Again.

Get a RB3 Mustang and use headphones.
    I have one of those! I can use it for Rocksmith? Hmmm. That sounds ... unsatisfying. But if it actually works I'm going to have to try it out once.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior

I have one of those! I can use it for Rocksmith?

no.
  • toymachineSHtoymachineSH Headliner
    edited May 16
    http://theriffrepeater.com/rocksmith-remastered-dlc-5162017-grateful-dead-casey-jones-friend-of-the-devil-truckin-sugar-magnolia-jam-band/

Grateful Dead – $11.99

* Grateful Dead “Casey Jones”
    * Grateful Dead “Friend of the Devil”
    * Grateful Dead “Sugar Magnolia”
    * Grateful Dead “Truckin'” - Alt. Rhythm
    * Grateful Dead “Uncle John’s Band”

• WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    Where's our foremost expert on Grateful Dead, @SuperTigerMario when you need him!?
    Last I heard he had just been busted, down on Bourbon Street.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    This threads gone to hell in a bucket.

• SuperTigerMarioSuperTigerMario I'm not a hipster!
    Happy to have them in Rocksmith.

That being said, that is about the most cookie cutter fair weather fan pack I've seen.
    What did you expect? They don't have the catalog depth of say, Chumbawumba.
    well, they don't have the only Grateful Dead song i would buy ("Touch of Grey") so it must not be as LCD as it could have been.
  • Yo! Friend of the Devil! Ima get this game again on the PS4 at some point.
    edited May 16
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    I'm torn on this one. I kinda like the Dead, but I don't know if I want to learn 'em.
  • I'm torn on this one. I kinda like the Dead, but I don't know if I want to learn 'em.

Do it, I'll follow you around the country in a VW van if you want.
    Next week's #Rocksmith DLC is 80s Mix III (3 Song Pack) featuring REO Speedwagon "Take It On The Run"

http://theriffrepeater.com/song-speculation-reo-speedwagon-takes-us-back-to-the-80s-take-it-on-the-run/
    Sweet. I like to impress all the high school kids by rolling up in my firebird wearing an REO speed wagon shirt.
  • I'm predicting the 3rd song is Let's Dance. Both Queen and David Bowie have had many single song DLC releases for RS and Let's Dance seems like the most likely 80s David Bowie song if one was to be DLC.

I'm predicting the 3rd song is Let's Dance. Both Queen and David Bowie have had many single song DLC releases for RS and Let's Dance seems like the most likely 80s David Bowie song if one was to be DLC.

i'd welcome more Stevie Ray Vaughan
    I'm just glad we already have some good-era R.E.O.
    So I'm playing IRL guitar in an IRL band, and our setlist of 10 songs so far features 7 of them available in Rock Band. So I made an RB setlist, logged in on vocals (to avoid the miss sounds), and played along to the game. It was pretty fun. :)

Plus the mic was picking up my amp and I was getting between zero and 2.5 stars per song on easy. I'm thinking I will put the mic closer to the amp next time and try to play the vocal line to see if maybe I can 5 star something.

I might try logging in on guitar to use the 5-button lanes as cues for what to play next, but I fear the immutable miss sounds will ruin that.