Rocksmith & Rocksmith 2014 discussion thread

Comments

• LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    I might get the Testament track. I think Rock Band 2 converted me into liking that one. :)
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited May 21

I wish Rock Band had the same type of emphasis on variety that Rocksmith does. I realize it's due to Rock Band releasing two songs per week, and want to focus more on what sells, but I love how Rocksmith is able to be like "After a week featuring a well-known alternative band, here's some Trv Kvlt Norwegian Black Metal."

This makes me wish I had the patience to play more Rocksmith (or that their DLC was a bit less expensive; I still think $3 per song is a bit extreme).

Discussions like last week's DLC thread isn't helping on that front. Any week that isn't only big hits appears to put a lot of the forum into panic mode which is a shame as there's lots of good music that's less known.
  • edited May 21

I wish Rock Band had the same type of emphasis on variety that Rocksmith does. I realize it's due to Rock Band releasing two songs per week, and want to focus more on what sells, but I love how Rocksmith is able to be like "After a week featuring a well-known alternative band, here's some Trv Kvlt Norwegian Black Metal."

This makes me wish I had the patience to play more Rocksmith (or that their DLC was a bit less expensive; I still think $3 per song is a bit extreme).

Discussions like last week's DLC thread isn't helping on that front. Any week that isn't only big hits appears to put a lot of the forum into panic mode which is a shame as there's lots of good music that's less known.
    Darkthrone and Morbid Angel are icons of their respective genres, even if they don't have any hits in mainstream charts. Our DLC was none of them, so I can understand the panic.

I really liked it though, nice to get some music from my country.
  • toymachineSHtoymachineSH Headliner
    Wildcat15 said:

Darkthrone “Transilvanian Hunger” – Lead/Rhythm/Bass [E Standard]

HOLY CRAP DUDE.

When do they come out? First Rocksmith DLC I'll get day one.

Later today, depending on your platform
  • Wildcat15 said:

Darkthrone and Morbid Angel are icons of their respective genres, even if they don't have any hits in mainstream charts. Our DLC was none of them, so I can understand the panic.

I really liked it though, nice to get some music from my country.
    The Rocksmith community didn't think RS was dying when DLC like Crobot was released. While I think there are reasons to be concerned about the future of RB like the hardware situation and Sony announcing the PS4 is entering the final stage of its lifecycle, more obscure DLC and rewinds during a season focused on RB's past shouldn't be concerning.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    HOLY ****

DARKTHRONE???? Rocksmith wins the year. Rock Band ain’t got anything on this. One of their best songs too.
    Seriously my mind is blown. I never thought a music game in 2018 would be getting **** Transilvanian Hunger. Top ten, one of my favorite songs ever featured in a music game
  • It's more than just metal, it's the signature song by one of the classic norwegian Black Metal bands from the 90s.

Nothing can match this, maybe only Emperor from RBN with Inno A Satana.
    I don't know guys, it's five and a half minutes of the same four 2-string "chords" over and over and over and over again.
  • Personally, I tried playing a tab of Transilvanian Hunger once, and despite the fact that it was really, really repetitive, it had a weird satisfying feel to it. It's a good workout for strumming, I think, but that's just me.
  • That's exactly what it is. Darkthrone is a massively influential band for black metal, with a thousand derivative bands coming from the sound of this song (and album). The wall of sound they display is prevalent on most of the genre today.
  • It's sad I could only play Transilvanian Hunger twice because I broke a string by so much tremolo picking.

Morbid Angel rules but I'm not sure I'm skilled enough for Immortal Rites.
    coolkat said:

Personally, I tried playing a tab of Transilvanian Hunger once, and despite the fact that it was really, really repetitive, it had a weird satisfying feel to it. It's a good workout for strumming, I think, but that's just me.

Hmmm...

I'm just not a fan of that vocal style, but maybe I'll this one up for no other reason than to have a go-to song to clear those pesky "300 note streak" missions. :)
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    I Don't Know Why we don't have any Norah Jones yet in Rock Band. ;)
  • Don't Know Why has to be in the pack.
    edited May 29
    https://theriffrepeater.com/rocksmith-remastered-dlc-5-29-2018-norah-jones-dont-know-why-sunrise-come-away-with-me-2002-pop-jazz-folk-blues-guitar-bass/

Norah Jones - $7.99 / Steam

* Norah Jones "Come Away with Me" | Lead/Rhythm/Alt. Rhythm/Bass [E Standard]
    * Norah Jones "Don't Know Why" | Lead/Alt. Lead [Capo Required] | Rhythm/Bass [E Standard]
    * Norah Jones "Sunrise" | Lead/Rhythm [Capo Required] | Bass [E Standard]
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited June 3
    U2 - "Bad" possibly confirmed.

The lyrics match up with Bad but that's a deep cut, Pride (In the Name of Love) seems more likely if a song from The Unforgettable Fire.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    Bad is not a deep cut for U2 fans, it's one of their most iconic live songs.
    Pride would be a more popular choice with the general public.
  • tnevaker said:

Bad is not a deep cut for U2 fans, it's one of their most iconic live songs.
    Pride would be a more popular choice with the general public.

Isn't the context of deep cuts in terms of the general public?

Like there's 3 categories:
    Hits
    Smaller singles
    Deep cuts
    https://theriffrepeater.com/rocksmith-remastered-dlc-6-5-2018-variety-pack-xv-u2-badfinger-breaking-bad-spacehog-in-the-meantime-apache-the-shadows-instrumental-rock-1960-guitar-bass-gh5/

Variety Pack XV – $9.99

* Badfinger “Baby Blue”|Lead/Rhythm/Bass [E Standard] –
    * The Shadows “Apache”|Lead/Rhythm/Bass [E Standard] –
    * Spacehog “In The Meantime”|Lead/Alt. Lead/Rhythm/Bass [E Standard] –
    * U2 “Bad”|Rhythm/Bass [E Standard] –
    Great pack all around
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    Not a huge U2 fan but hopefully we see that song on RB4 at some point.
    There are probably a dozen U2 songs that I actually want, but I guess I will be picking up "Bad" for a dollar.
  • Surprisingly, RS is getting more Power Gig DLC. Namely Dashboard as part of an 00s mix pack:

00s Mix Pack IV
    Modest Mouse - "Dashboard"
    ?
    ?