Rocksmith & Rocksmith 2014 discussion thread

Comments

• Great pack.
  • The rumors were true! Impressive pack indeed.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    All good songs that are essential to rock n roll, but pretty far from my personal favorite Stones songs
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    edited December 2018
    I didn't realize you couldn't stream Rocksmith. The stream just pauses when a song starts and resumes when the song is over. Bummer.

I did some streaming last night by logging into Twitch with my phone and putting it on a stand. lolz

Can you stream Rock Band?
  • Can you stream Rock Band?

Yes, our crew streams a lot!
    Some songs get it's audio deleted on archival, though.
  • Wow that pack beats anything Rock Band has really gotten in the last 2-3 years.
  • Wildcat15 said:

Can you stream Rock Band?

Yes, our crew streams a lot!
    Some songs get it's audio deleted on archival, though.
    Yeah, I thought Rocksmith would stream and just not save, but it cuts out as soon as each song starts on my Xbox.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited December 2018

Wow that pack beats anything Rock Band has really gotten in the last 2-3 years.

Make that 6 or 7 years. Harmonix hasn't cared about the music we get for a long time. They just care about money.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    And they make the most money by providing the music we want. The problem is licensing eats into profit and the more popular an artist, the more its licensing cost, and the fan base is no longer there to cover cost.

In other words, you don't know what you're talking about.
  • Eff the HMX haters, get 'em all outta this thread! They complain on all the other threads like HMX murdered their mother and child in front of them.

Let's celebrate Rocksmith in this thread, like we're supposed to!
  • I just really hope Rocksmith can snag some others like Neil Young, classic GnR, Led Zeppelin, and The Beatles!!! They could probably do all of them within the first quarter of 2019! :)
  • This Stones pack is sweet! I was jamming it last night and really enjoying it. I didn't tune a guitar for Brown Sugar yet, but I will by this weekend.

Great pack. :)
  • Been so long since I bought a Rocksmith pack, I forgot to buy the PS3 version (since that also entitles me to the PS4 version, but it doesn't work the other way). Does this really matter? Is there any reason to play the PS3 version?

Because I can hook it up to a CRT and not have to worry about lag?
  • I split my guitar input and play through an amp, turning my in-game guitar volume down to zero. No lag that way. :)

I even bought an Xbox and a TV for the garage to do this.
  • Wow, groovy! But then you don't get the tone effects that the game adds, right? Or is that not a big deal?
  • Wow, groovy! But then you don't get the tone effects that the game adds, right? Or is that not a big deal?

This is true, but all you really need for almost everything is a clean, a crunch, and an overdriven lead. I have a BOSS GT-1 multi-fx pedal that covers it quite nicely, and when it comes to something like "I Ran" by Flock of Seagulls, I was able to create my own patch based on the Rocksmith Authentic Tone settings. That was kind of a pain so I don't usually bother, but a few songs demand it.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    you can also get an amp emulator like a Line 6 POD that will have all kinds of preset amp and effects simulations. that was going to be my original plan until i realized my audio setup didn't have enough lag to make it necessary.
  • The BOSS GT-1 is a pedal that works like a POD. I have a few factory presets that I jump between to get something close, and then make my own presets for the non-standard sounds. I like the GT-1 because it's pretty cheap but it does a lot, and it has a built-in expression pedal to use for volume/wah.

There's just something way nicer about going through the amp versus futzing with the in-game volume levels all the time to hear the song, then hear your own playing.
  • Been so long since I bought a Rocksmith pack, I forgot to buy the PS3 version (since that also entitles me to the PS4 version, but it doesn't work the other way). Does this really matter? Is there any reason to play the PS3 version?

Because I can hook it up to a CRT and not have to worry about lag?

That issue I think is only with Xbox, buying PS4 RS DLC does entitle you to the PS3 version of that DLC. Xbox gets really awkward like buying a 360 backwards compatible game on XB1 does not entitle you to that 360 game on 360.
  • The PS3 version is still listed with a price next to it. In the past, when I remember to buy the PS3 version, the PS4 listing has gotten changed to "purchased". But I will boot up my PS3 tonight and see if it lets me download this new pack for free.

It probably won't matter that much, I might never play the PS3 version again, but I hate losing out on possibilities when I am too quick with my PURCHASE finger.
  • Yeah, I thought there being a Chuck Berry song in the Christmas pack meant something more. First DLC of 2019 is a Chuck Berry 3 pack with Johnny B. Goode.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    Whelp apparently Rock Band can't catch a break then with crossover. There's much more crossover between Rock Band to Rocksmith now than Rocksmith to Rock Band. Kind of a shame but it makes sense considering everything else it takes to license a song for Rock Band. Still holding out for some of the things Rocksmith has gotten in the past year to make its way to Rock Band:

-Bad by U2 (absolute favorite song of theirs)
    -The Rolling Stones
    -The Beach Boys
    -Unsung by Helmet
    -Alien Ant Farm
    -I'm Gonna Be (500 miles) by The Proclaimers
    -Radiohead
    -Norah Jones
    -Black Horse and the Cherry Tree by KT Tunstall
    -Pure Prairie League
    -Two Door Cinema Club
    -Mumford & Sons

Kudos to Rocksmith
  • Chuck Berry returns to #Rocksmith Remastered with a THREE song pack including (of course) "Johnny B. Goode"

https://theriffrepeater.com/song-speculation-chuck-berry-is-back-to-the-rocksmith-johnny-b-goode-1958-guitar-bass/
  • Chuck Berry Song Pack – $7.99

* Chuck Berry “Johnny B. Goode”|Lead/Rhythm/Bass [E Standard] –
    * Chuck Berry “Never Can Tell”|Lead/Rhythm/Bass [E Standard] –
    * Chuck Berry “School Day (Ring Ring Goes The Bell)”|Lead/Rhythm/Bass [E Standard] –

https://theriffrepeater.com/rocksmith-remastered-dlc-1-08-2019-chuck-berry-rock-and-roll-johnny-b-goode-school-days-ring-ring-never-can-tell-pulp-fiction-guitar-bass-1964/
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    Yes!!! You Never Can Tell is my favorite!
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    Rocksmith clearly loves Tarantino soundtracks, lol
  • Paramore returns to #rocksmith Remastered again with a THREE pack including the previously omitted "Misery Business"

https://theriffrepeater.com/song-speculation-paramore-has-unfinished-business-on-rocksmith-yes-that-means-misery-business-hayley-williams-guitar-bass-2007-power-pop-punk-emo/