Need help from Beatles Rockband experts

kelleygkelleyg Unsigned
edited March 2011 in The Beatles: Rock Band
My friends and I got entered into a Beatles Rockband competition for a children's home fundraiser against other teams of community volunteers on March 26th. We're using "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" in easy mode and don't want to make fools of ourselves. We're all non-regular rockband players, so we're just looking for the best way to score the most points as a team. Should we use overdrive at certain times only, or every time we can? Any tips you can give would be most helpful!

Comments

• Xetor03Xetor03 Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    The best tip would be: rent Rockband and try to reach medium mode, you'll score maybe 2 times more points. Because if the other teams play at hard, you're screwed.

And for the beetlemania (overdrive), try to use it together when most of the band got 4x score, all your points will worth 16x during this time. But if you guys are missing a lot of notes in easy and can't stay a long time at 4x, just use it as you wish, keeping it may only make you loose points at the end.

Also, if you choose the second option, use it in part of the songs where there's alot of notes.

you can analyse the video to see the parts you should activate beetlemania:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO3bTwKNX1U
    (only guitar in this one)
  • kelleygkelleyg Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    Thanks for the tips! For clarification, all teams have to play in easy mode so we're on a level playing field. So at least in that way, we're not screwed. :)
  • HotMangoChutneyHotMangoChutney Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    I can tell you without a doubt that the 2 best points to deploy Beatlemania on this song are 1. right at the first 'And when I touch you...' segment, and 2. at the beginning of the last verse.
  • kelleygkelleyg Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    HotMangoChutney;4337265 said:
    I can tell you without a doubt that the 2 best points to deploy Beatlemania on this song are 1. right at the first 'And when I touch you...' segment, and 2. at the beginning of the last verse.
    Great! we will try that at our next practice. Should we skip the other overdrives and just hit these two? Will that increase points at all?
  • Xetor03Xetor03 Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    Well, everytime you can lunch beetlemania more than two people at the same time, do it
  • big_old_tombig_old_tom Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    I have one question. Were you assigned I Wanna Hold Your Hand, or did you just pick it. If you picked it, I say you switch over to I Want You (She's So Heavy). Almost 8 minutes long, and since you are playing on easy, you shouldn't have any trouble with it. You'd score alot of points on that, even on easy.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited March 2011
    kelleyg;4337273 said:
    Great! we will try that at our next practice. Should we skip the other overdrives and just hit these two? Will that increase points at all?
    Whoawhoawhoawhoawhoa, stop. Don't purposefully miss Overdrive segments. He said ACTIVATE then.
  • CheeseLordCheeseLord Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    [QUOTE=Xetor03;4337241]
    And for the beetlemania (overdrive), try to use it together when most of the band got 4x score, all your points will worth 16x during this time. But if you guys are missing a lot of notes in easy and can't stay a long time at 4x, just use it as you wish, keeping it may only make you loose points at the end.QUOTE]

You should also try to get in a bass groove (x8 points) is it's possible, but yeah don't skip over other overdrive notes. I usually try to release overdrive in places where it will almost run out at I know those notes will come up. Seeing as you probally don't know where they come up that probally won't help.
    But maybe somebody knows.

Definityally try the bass thing though. You could get some major points, with beatlemani it's a x16!

Hope I help!ed
  • big_old_tombig_old_tom Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    Isn't bass groove only 6x? That's what it is on RB3.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited March 2011
    big_old_tom;4338874 said:
    Isn't bass groove only 6x? That's what it is on RB3.
    Yeah, it's always 6x.
  • ricecakericecake Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Here is the full band chart on Easy if anybody wants to take a stab at pathing it:
    http://charts.ajanata.com/tbrb/fullband/iwanttoholdyourhand_fullband_easy_blank.png