Umm... what?

WolfbeckettWolfbeckett Road Warrior
edited March 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Posted by HMXHenry:
As for PS3 RBN content, we have new tracks coming soon, but there will be short gap while we prepare for RBN2 tracks. We plan to make up for any missed weeks by releasing extra songs later… because we love you just that much. In the meantime, check out next week’s Billy Joel DLC, and we'll get you new RBN 2.0 tunes soon!
Now while I and I'm sure others do appreciate that, I thought the official party line from Harmonix was that the 5 songs per week was a limitation imposed by Sony? So what's up with that? I admit I haven't been following this at all lately, has the official explanation for PS3 getting only 5 songs a week changed? Is Sony relaxing their limits?

Comments

• LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    We've had 9 songs on RBN PS3 EU store last week, because we skipped one! So no, it's not necessary that there must be only 5 every week, I think Sony makes HMX pay money for every song released and they thought five every week is enough, I suppose..
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Or the restriction is five songs submitted per week. So it's just easier to release the five when they're approved. SONY could hold them off and release them in one big monthly 20 pack or something if they wanted to.
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    Or Sony actually do have at least half a brain about them and understand that no songs one week means they should allow ten songs the next week... This still maintains the 5 songs per week, just not evenly spaced.
  • fcmleftyfcmlefty Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    I always took it to mean that on average, they could only do 5 songs per week in addition to what they were submitting as regular DLC. If the average amount of regular DLC drops (which it appears it kind of has, as 4 song weeks appear to be the new "base" level, where as it was 6 in the RB2 era), it stands to reason they could sneak us a few extra RBN tracks every so often.
  • WolfbeckettWolfbeckett Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Just so we're clear, I'm damned happy that they aren't just forgetting us and saying "no songs for a few weeks then back to business as usual." I'm STOKED by the announcement itself. I'm just confused because it seems to contradict what we were previously told the situation was.
  • mrjsr05mrjsr05 Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    When Will there be songs to Download off the error Site? I'm getting really tired of playing the Same Song Over and Over again.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited March 2011
    Wolfbeckett;4339402 said:
    Just so we're clear, I'm damned happy that they aren't just forgetting us and saying "no songs for a few weeks then back to business as usual."
    But there's already precedent for making up for lost weeks, so this isn't surprising.
    I'm just confused because it seems to contradict what we were previously told the situation was.
    No, it doesn't. Sony just doesn't want to put up a ton of content constantly. If Harmonix takes a few weeks off, Sony's fine with more.