Blog Responses: Rock Band Network Song Trivia

HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
edited March 2011 in The Rock Band Network
http://www.rockband.com/blog/rock-band-network-song-trivia

This is the response thread for the Rock Band Network Song Trivia article. Put your answers here!

Comments

• RedIon1992RedIon1992 Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    Well, I know some of them pretty much 100%, and some of them are just guesses...

1. This song was named after a Nickelodeon mascot. - "Stick Stickly" by Attack Attack!?
    2. This song was written for the television show LOST. - "You All Everybody" by Drive Shaft
    3. This song features the guitar work of Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top. - "Broke Down on the Brazos" by Gov't Mule?
    4. This song is included in The Sims 3: World Adventures (in Simlish, of course!) - "Wake Up" by Me Talk Pretty?
    5. This was the first solo guitar song in Rock Band. - "Upstream" by Cory Wong
    6. The charted lyrics of this song include words that did not appear in the original vocal part - a first in Rock Band. - "ZTO" by Devin Townsend
    7. This song's title is a reference to the Black Plague. - "1348" by Umphrey's McGee?
    8. One version of this song was featured in 1986's The Transformers: The Movie. - "The Touch" by Stan Bush
    9. This is one of the two songs from Twisted Pixel's game 'Splosion Man on the Rock Band Network. - "Donuts, Go Nuts" by Matt "Chainsaw" Chaney
    10. Harmonix considers this to be the first song authored for the Rock Band Network. - "Give"" by The Cold Goodnight
    11. This song, ironically, was authored by the artist's bassist BL4k Lotus. - "Hassle: The Dorkening" by MC Frontalot?
    12. The quirky music video for this song features a large number of well-trained dogs, many of whom were shelter rescues. - "White Knuckles" by OK Go
    13. This song was featured in the credits of the video game Enter the Matrix and the trailer for the 2006 film Tristan and Isolde. - "Going Under" by Evanescence?
    14. This song's vocalist also played the female lead in the web-based musical Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. - "(Do You Wanna Date My) Avatar" by The Guild feat. Felicia Day

Haven't checked any of these for factual accuracy - this is all from my knowledge and guesses.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    RedIon1992;4339279 said:
    Haven't checked any of these for factual accuracy - this is all from my knowledge and guesses.

You've probably got it. 4 and 13 are the only ones I'm not sure of and Me Talk Pretty only formed in 2006...
  • rab39rab39 Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    FairwoodStudios;4339285 said:
    You've probably got it. 4 and 13 are the only ones I'm not sure of and Me Talk Pretty only formed in 2006...

Me Talk Pretty was definitely the correct answer
    http://pc.ign.com/articles/103/1034525p1.html

Going Under is on Enter The Matrix soundtrack.

Those are the only two I fact checked.
  • Odin ForceOdin Force Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    1. M "Stick Stickly"
    2. C "You All Everybody"
    3. E "Broke on the Brazos"
    4. B "Wake Up"
    5. F "Upstream"
    6. A "ZTO"
    7. D "1384"
    8. N "The Touch"
    9. H "Donuts"
    10. L "Give"
    11. I "Hassle" The Dorkening"
    12. J "White Knuckles"
    13. G "Going Under"
    14. K "Do You Wanna Date My Avatar"
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    1. A
    2. B
    3. C
    4. D
    5. E
    6. F
    7. G
    8. H
    9. I
    10. J
    11. K
    12. L
    13. M
    14. N

Man, Lachesis, you need to work on your randomization.