RBN Request Thread (We Keep It Real)

kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
edited August 2011 in The Rock Band Network
I won't be offended if this is moved to the USL forum, but I thought this might be a good idea. Give the authoring companies some idea of what to go after from people they are already working with.

That is the catch though! ONLY REQUESTS THAT BELONG HERE ARE FROM BANDS/LABELS/ETC THAT ARE ALREADY WORKING WITH RBN!

Do NOT come here and say some random band or some wishlist thing.

An example of a valid request would be...
The Word Alive has released two songs to RBN already through their label Fearless Records who has supported RBN heavily. It would be cool to get TWA's new single "2012" in RBN 2.0 because it not only keeps the difficulty up for instruments but has harmonies and cool keyboard parts.
So yeah, please think before you post :) I want to be able to keep this here in the RBN forum!

Comments

• Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Something from ATR's The Fall of Ideals album would be great, i.e. Not Alone and We Stand. We need some of their older material, too.

And since ASP gave us Poets of the Fall's Lift, it would be great to get something from the band's latest album, Twilight Theater. Maybe Dreaming Wide Awake, War, Rewind.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Tykki-Teme;4339316 said:
    Something from ATR's The Fall of Ideals album would be great, i.e. Not Alone and We Stand.

I support this post more than any other post on here I've ever supported.

I have no freaking clue why they chose to put in so many songs from the nowhere NEAR as good Overcome album. The Fall of Ideals is one of my favorite metal records.

We definitely at least need Not Alone, Six and/or It Dwells Me In.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    This might be the first and only request thread posted in the RBN forum that I'm totally 100% behind. Well done King Tony.

I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. If requests are posted here for artists we're working with, I'll pass them on and see what can come of them. :)
  • fujourifujouri Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    I believe it was RockGamerStudios that released the two Flogging Molly songs. I would love to see some more of their stuff, in particular I would like to see anything off of Within a Mile of Home. Even more particularly, I think Tobacco Island, Screaming at the Wailing Wall, and To Youth would be great.

I know they make regular use of the accordion as well, though I couldn't say which songs for sure, and that would be great for the keys.
  • mrjsr05mrjsr05 Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Demon Hunter One Thousand Apologies,Carry me Down and fading away
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    I'm beating all of you to the punch.

They should release the Power Rangers theme song.
  • edited March 2011
    I'm not sure which companys have worked on Jonathan Coulton songs but if there is any way to get I Crush Everything it would make my day. Its the only song missing from the Where Tradition Meets Tomorrow album.

Also any body trying to get more Flight of the Conchords? I feel like they should have had more then 3 songs.

And of course Ozone please try and get My Console by Eiffle 65. Surly it would make the transition to the PS3.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Whoever is still working with Wind-Up Records (I don't really know who because their seven songs have been authored by so many authoring groups), should try and get some Emily Osment. "Double Talk" and "The Cycle" on keys...
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4339481 said:
    And of course Ozone please try and get My Console by Eiffle 65. Surly it would make the transition to the PS3.
    Screw you, that song will never be on the PS3! Just like "Do the Donkey Kong" will never appear on Nintendo's system. ;)
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    I would love for more tracks from these three bands....

Creed - Any more is a huge plus
    Free Spirit - The rest of Pale Sister Of Light
    Seether (feat. Amy Lee of Evanescence) - Broken
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited March 2011
    I'll go ahead and say this: Jonathan Coulton's new song that is going to be in Portal 2. This needs to come to RBN.

I also do not want Ozone to release the Power Rangers song, because I might be tempted to buy it. And that will be a guilty pleasure that teters highly to the guilty side of that term. ;)
    edited March 2011
    Children of bodom Ugly,Was It Worth It? and Kissing Shadow
    edited March 2011
    bjyaritz;4339582 said:
    I would love for more tracks from these three bands....

Creed - Any more is a huge plus
    Free Spirit - The rest of Pale Sister Of Light
    Seether (feat. Amy Lee of Evanescence) - Broken
    I'm down with those songs
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    jeccaneko;4339609 said:
    I'll go ahead and say this: Jonathan Coulton's new song that is going to be in Portal 2. This needs to come to RBN.

Is he doing one? I know The National is doing a Portal 2 song, I hadn't heard that Coulton would be involved again (not that it would be a surprise if he was).
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2011
    Speaking of Wind-Up Records, I'd love to have some Bayside in this game. Wind-Up only did their new album, but it's a good one. Plus their previous albums are on Victory, who are also big supporters of RBN :)

Speaking of labels, Hopeless Records has so much stuff I want to see. More All Time Low, new Yellowcard, new Silverstein (hey, here's another one that Victory has the old stuff), We Are The In Crowd, The Human Abstract, etc...
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    edited March 2011
    Tykki-Teme;4339316 said:
    Something from ATR's The Fall of Ideals album would be great, i.e. Not Alone and We Stand. We need some of their older material, too.

And since ASP gave us Poets of the Fall's Lift, it would be great to get something from the band's latest album, Twilight Theater. Maybe Dreaming Wide Awake, War, Rewind.
    SeymourDuncan17;4339348 said:
    I support this post more than any other post on here I've ever supported.

I have no freaking clue why they chose to put in so many songs from the nowhere NEAR as good Overcome album. The Fall of Ideals is one of my favorite metal records.

We definitely at least need Not Alone, Six and/or It Dwells Me In.
    I love you guys.

I am putting in my agreement with them. Totally would buy anything from ATR. In fact, I really like Overcome - I would like to have most of that album (In addition to The Fall of Ideals)

And some more Nonpoint, but from their older albums like Recoil and Development.
  • HelloMasterHelloMaster Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    kingtonyx;4339670 said:
    Speaking of labels, Hopeless Records has so much stuff I want to see. More All Time Low, new Yellowcard, new Silverstein (hey, here's another one that Victory has the old stuff), We Are The In Crowd, The Human Abstract, etc...

The Human Abstract would be amazing for RBN. I just picked up their new disc, "Digital Veil", a couple days ago, and it has promptly taken over my life..

Edit: Hmmm, looks like "Digital Veil" was published by E1. Hopeless Records did the earlier stuff. I don't want lose the point of the thread, so is E1 working with RBN at all?
  • ObsceneObscurityObsceneObscurity Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    Yes, E1 has released songs for RBN, I was actually just about to mention this.

The Human Abstract would be great. Digital Veil is my second favorite album of 2011 so far.

Powerglove are also on E1, and I'm sure there might be additional things to deal with for this, I want to play this song SOOOOOO BADLY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQv9CurZqr8
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited March 2011
    RockGamer has gotten a bunch of SubPop artists/songs, Im a huge fan of the Subpop sound, Im hoping more is coming, some ideas:

More Band of Horses
    More Flight of the Conchords
    More Shins
    WAY more Iron and Wine
    Fleet Foxes (announced but never came)
    The rest of Sunny Day Real Estate's "Diary"
    The Postal Service
    Nirvana's "Bleach"...the rest of it

Another request I have is for another band RockGamer has gotten....we REALLY need more Breathe Carolina
  • KaneRobotKaneRobot Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    More Testament. Only having one RBN song is basically teasing me.
  • Yorkshire14Yorkshire14 Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    IMO we need:
    Jonathan Couton - I Feel Fantastic, Baby Got Back
    Rose of Jericho - Little Known Truth, Heart of It, Romancing The Ordinary & Applause of Wings Album
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited March 2011
    I would like to see a lot more songs from the Tooth & Nail family of labels in the game. How about some Jeremy Camp and O.C. Supertones? And more Hawk Nelson, Family Force 5 and Kutless, please!

I know my roommate wouldn't mind seeing some Brave Saint Saturn in the game as well.
  • LBN_AnimosityLBN_Animosity Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    Selkies: The Endless Obsession by Between the Buried and Me.

Merely having Mordecai and Obfuscation is not enough! We NEED to have Selkies and its 3 and a half minute guitar solo!
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    ObsceneObscurity;4339719 said:
    Yes, E1 has released songs for RBN, I was actually just about to mention this.

The Human Abstract would be great. Digital Veil is my second favorite album of 2011 so far.

Powerglove are also on E1, and I'm sure there might be additional things to deal with for this, I want to play this song SOOOOOO BADLY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQv9CurZqr8
    E1 has Opeth, forget everything else, get that first. Also Ringo. ;)
    edited March 2011
    Actually considering the labels and artists that are working/have worked with RBN, I could make such a huge list. Maybe I'll do that and post it later :D
  • DrummerBass21DrummerBass21 Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    LBN_Animosity;4339817 said:
    Selkies: The Endless Obsession by Between the Buried and Me.

Merely having Mordecai and Obfuscation is not enough! We NEED to have Selkies and its 3 and a half minute guitar solo!

This!!!! Selkies has my favorite guitar solo, and its got a sick synth intro!
  • Edify1Edify1 Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    FairwoodStudios;4339643 said:
    Is he doing one? I know The National is doing a Portal 2 song, I hadn't heard that Coulton would be involved again (not that it would be a surprise if he was).

Yes, he's doing one. But personally, I'd love to get Jonathan Coulton's entire discography (minus the covers, obviously) in the RBN.
    Yorkshire14;4339804 said:
    IMO we need:
    Jonathan Couton - I Feel Fantastic, Baby Got Back
    Baby Got Back won't happen because it's a cover. Or, technically a remake.
    FujiSkunk;4339811 said:
    I would like to see a lot more songs from the Tooth & Nail family of labels in the game. How about some Jeremy Camp and O.C. Supertones? And more Hawk Nelson, Family Force 5 and Kutless, please!

I know my roommate wouldn't mind seeing some Brave Saint Saturn in the game as well.

Absolutely. I'd love to get some Supertones in the game, specially Escape from Reason, Return of the Revolution, Supertones Strike Back, and Adonai. Also, I'd love to get more songs from Anberlin's Tooth and Nail days like Readyfuels or Never Take Friendship Personal.
    edited March 2011
    Tooth and Nail/Solid State have such a goldmine of great songs. Underoath with keys and harmonies? Yes, yes please.
  • rev0ltrev0lt Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    kingtonyx;4339874 said:
    Tooth and Nail/Solid State have such a goldmine of great songs. Underoath with keys and harmonies? Yes, yes please.
    Seconded!
    And I want some Secret & Whisper stuff.

Maybe I will try to compile a list for this thread. There are so many bands and labels involved already that I would like to see more of.
  • ShoTTySLanKiNShoTTySLanKiN Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    I love to see more from The Devil Wears Prada, All Time Low, Sunny Day Real Estate, Attack Attack!, Chiodos, Underoath, Emery, Blessthefall, The Word Alive, A Day To Remember, JoCo, Siliverstein & MeTalkPretty.

I'd especially like to see some if not ALL of the Zombie EP by TDWP!