RBN Request Thread (We Keep It Real)

kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
edited August 2011 in The Rock Band Network
I won't be offended if this is moved to the USL forum, but I thought this might be a good idea. Give the authoring companies some idea of what to go after from people they are already working with.

That is the catch though! ONLY REQUESTS THAT BELONG HERE ARE FROM BANDS/LABELS/ETC THAT ARE ALREADY WORKING WITH RBN!

Do NOT come here and say some random band or some wishlist thing.

An example of a valid request would be...
The Word Alive has released two songs to RBN already through their label Fearless Records who has supported RBN heavily. It would be cool to get TWA's new single "2012" in RBN 2.0 because it not only keeps the difficulty up for instruments but has harmonies and cool keyboard parts.
So yeah, please think before you post :) I want to be able to keep this here in the RBN forum!

Comments

• broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited March 2011
    RockGamer has gotten a bunch of SubPop artists/songs, Im a huge fan of the Subpop sound, Im hoping more is coming, some ideas:

More Band of Horses
    More Flight of the Conchords
    More Shins
    WAY more Iron and Wine
    Fleet Foxes (announced but never came)
    The rest of Sunny Day Real Estate's "Diary"
    The Postal Service
    Nirvana's "Bleach"...the rest of it

Another request I have is for another band RockGamer has gotten....we REALLY need more Breathe Carolina
  • KaneRobotKaneRobot Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    More Testament. Only having one RBN song is basically teasing me.
  • Yorkshire14Yorkshire14 Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    IMO we need:
    Jonathan Couton - I Feel Fantastic, Baby Got Back
    Rose of Jericho - Little Known Truth, Heart of It, Romancing The Ordinary & Applause of Wings Album
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited March 2011
    I would like to see a lot more songs from the Tooth & Nail family of labels in the game. How about some Jeremy Camp and O.C. Supertones? And more Hawk Nelson, Family Force 5 and Kutless, please!

I know my roommate wouldn't mind seeing some Brave Saint Saturn in the game as well.
  • LBN_AnimosityLBN_Animosity Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    Selkies: The Endless Obsession by Between the Buried and Me.

Merely having Mordecai and Obfuscation is not enough! We NEED to have Selkies and its 3 and a half minute guitar solo!
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    ObsceneObscurity;4339719 said:
    Yes, E1 has released songs for RBN, I was actually just about to mention this.

The Human Abstract would be great. Digital Veil is my second favorite album of 2011 so far.

Powerglove are also on E1, and I'm sure there might be additional things to deal with for this, I want to play this song SOOOOOO BADLY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQv9CurZqr8
    E1 has Opeth, forget everything else, get that first. Also Ringo. ;)
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2011
    Actually considering the labels and artists that are working/have worked with RBN, I could make such a huge list. Maybe I'll do that and post it later :D
  • DrummerBass21DrummerBass21 Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    LBN_Animosity;4339817 said:
    Selkies: The Endless Obsession by Between the Buried and Me.

Merely having Mordecai and Obfuscation is not enough! We NEED to have Selkies and its 3 and a half minute guitar solo!

This!!!! Selkies has my favorite guitar solo, and its got a sick synth intro!
  • Edify1Edify1 Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    FairwoodStudios;4339643 said:
    Is he doing one? I know The National is doing a Portal 2 song, I hadn't heard that Coulton would be involved again (not that it would be a surprise if he was).

Yes, he's doing one. But personally, I'd love to get Jonathan Coulton's entire discography (minus the covers, obviously) in the RBN.
    Yorkshire14;4339804 said:
    IMO we need:
    Jonathan Couton - I Feel Fantastic, Baby Got Back
    Baby Got Back won't happen because it's a cover. Or, technically a remake.
    FujiSkunk;4339811 said:
    I would like to see a lot more songs from the Tooth & Nail family of labels in the game. How about some Jeremy Camp and O.C. Supertones? And more Hawk Nelson, Family Force 5 and Kutless, please!

I know my roommate wouldn't mind seeing some Brave Saint Saturn in the game as well.

Absolutely. I'd love to get some Supertones in the game, specially Escape from Reason, Return of the Revolution, Supertones Strike Back, and Adonai. Also, I'd love to get more songs from Anberlin's Tooth and Nail days like Readyfuels or Never Take Friendship Personal.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2011
    Tooth and Nail/Solid State have such a goldmine of great songs. Underoath with keys and harmonies? Yes, yes please.
  • rev0ltrev0lt Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    kingtonyx;4339874 said:
    Tooth and Nail/Solid State have such a goldmine of great songs. Underoath with keys and harmonies? Yes, yes please.
    Seconded!
    And I want some Secret & Whisper stuff.

Maybe I will try to compile a list for this thread. There are so many bands and labels involved already that I would like to see more of.
  • ShoTTySLanKiNShoTTySLanKiN Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    I love to see more from The Devil Wears Prada, All Time Low, Sunny Day Real Estate, Attack Attack!, Chiodos, Underoath, Emery, Blessthefall, The Word Alive, A Day To Remember, JoCo, Siliverstein & MeTalkPretty.

I'd especially like to see some if not ALL of the Zombie EP by TDWP!
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Is that one (two?) Silverstein song on RBN? If so, we need more for sure.

And how could I, of all people, forget to mention the spectacular Jonathan Coulton?! Absolutely no discussion, especially with the addition of keys, we NEED Dance, Soterios Johnson, Dance.

I'd also love:

The Princess Who Saved Herself
    I Crush Everything
    Someone Is Crazy
    When You Go (harmonies = YES)
    I Feel Fantastic
    I'm Your Moon

I better stop myself before I name off too many ;)

EDIT: After re-listening to When You Go, we might need this even more than Dance, Soterios Johnson, Dance!

Whoever's authoring JoCo right now, give it a listen. It's all vocals/harmonies, but it's still awesome.
  • AMac2002AMac2002 Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    I know when RBN was first announced, and we heard these waves of Authors coming forward, one group came forward and said they were coming out with Joel Plaskett and his song Through and Through and Through. I guess the authoring group fell apart, but I always hoped someone would pick up the slack for those guys...
  • Backwards MarathonBackwards Marathon Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    I like some of these requests. I will mention someone I want that no one has yet. Some old school mxpx. Please.
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Actual songs I would like, including from my own bands (this is purely my personal wishes and in no way hints any upcoming songs - licensing is hard):

Drowning Pool
    - Step Up

Eiffel 65
    - Move Your Body
    - Too Much of Heaven

Finger Eleven
    - One Thing
    - Slow Chemical

The Giraffes
    - The City
    - Prime Motivator

The Guild
    - Game On

Lemon Demon
    - Action Movie Hero Boy

Parry Gripp
    - Baby Monkey (Going Backwards on a Pig)
    - Justin Bieber & Spaghetti Cat
    - Smiley Cat

Sophie B. Hawkins
    - As I Lay Me Down
    edited March 2011
    They also said they were coming out with some Galactic tracks back before RBN was released.

Hopefully SOME day they'll resurface. I was really looking forward to playing I Got It (What You Need).
    edited March 2011
    Wavegroup has been very inactive lately, they announced the Galactic tracks.
    edited March 2011
    DragoonXD;4340245 said:
    Wavegroup has been very inactive lately, they announced the Galactic tracks.

Wasn't it Wavegroup that charted all the JoCo tracks minus Big Bad World One?

I hope they hand off JoCo to someone else because, no offense to him, but HMXMisterGame (or something) didn't do the best job with charting the guitar.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited March 2011
    Would be great if somebody could contact Gaslight Anthem oh nevermind :(
    edited March 2011
    I thought HMX charted all the JoCo? Correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Oh, something I totally forgot from the first post; Moar Seether, from the two albums we already have songs from (Finding Beauty From Negative Spaces and Karma & Effect). Both albums are filled with great songs. Some specific songs:

Finding Beauty In Negative Spaces:

Like Suicide
    FMLYHM (probably won't happen, since it has quite a foul word in the title)
    No Jesus Christ
    6 Gun Quota

Karma & Effect:

Because of Me
    Truth
    Burrito
    Given

Anything would be great, but those are my favorites.
  • Fall Of SpartanFall Of Spartan Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    ShoTTySLanKiN;4339942 said:
    I love to see more from The Devil Wears Prada, All Time Low, Sunny Day Real Estate, Attack Attack!, Chiodos, Underoath, Emery, Blessthefall, The Word Alive, A Day To Remember, JoCo, Siliverstein & MeTalkPretty.

I'd especially like to see some if not ALL of the Zombie EP by TDWP!

THIS.

I would love it if We Came as Romans made it on RBN
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE7CR5Ac0tQ

It shouldnt be too bad to get them on there though, since from reading a thread earlier, Pierce the Veil has a song coming, and Texas in July has 3 songs on RBN already, and all 3 bands are under the same label.
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    DragoonXD;4340276 said:
    I thought HMX charted all the JoCo? Correct me if I'm wrong.
    JoCo has been split between a few authors, including Harmonix, RockGamer, Rhythm Authors and NoisyPuppet. I suspect it would be best to go to the man himself rather to any specific group to request more.
  • FerSureMaybeFerSureMaybe Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    any new Breathe Carolina especially with the keyboard support with RBN2 but preferablly "Tripped and Fell in Portland"
  • KemirochKemiroch Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    I would definitely love to see more Free Spirit.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    How about giving the Wii one more week of RBN DLC like:

Creatures ov Deception - Rainbowdragoneyes
    Smokahontas - Attack Attack!
    American Dream - Silverstein
    All I Want - A Day To Remember
    Arcaedion - Children Of Nova

and whatever else you want to throw at us
  • SyntheticBreedSyntheticBreed Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    Sybreed - Electronegative and Twelve Megatons Gravity.
  • HelloMasterHelloMaster Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    SyntheticBreed;4340467 said:
    Sybreed - Electronegative and Twelve Megatons Gravity.

Hehe, I guess with a name like that, there was no doubt.

Definitely some more Sybreed. I'd like "Bioactive", "Ego Bypass Generator", "Dynamic", "The Lucifer Effect", "Rusted" and "I Am Ultraviolence".

But really anything from these guys would be great. A good 2X Bass band, too, even though I can't play that stuff.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited March 2011
    I'm really hoping to get the rest of the RX Bandits tracks from Mandela, it's such a great album. I'm well aware we will never see the light of day of their early albums, but glad we've got something from them at least.

Sunny Day Real Estate would have been neat with harmonies, but I'm still praying for more off Diary. One of my favorite albums.

I unfortunately missed the Chiodos/Emarosa concert, but really would like to see more tunes from both as well. Ps, RockGamer could attempt redemption with Lexington. That mix was bad, and I've seen better from them.