RBN2.0 New Release thread.

Comments

• DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    The date shown in the store is the date the song was approved, not the date it was added to the store.
  • OSweetMrMathOSweetMrMath Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    "Forest" by Verax has also appeared in the store recently (some time in the last week, I think), but the release date is listed as March 9th.
  • rab39rab39 Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    OSweetMrMath;4366193 said:
    "Forest" by Verax has also appeared in the store recently (some time in the last week, I think), but the release date is listed as March 9th.

hmm weird, its not rbn2, maybe it was left over? http://www.rockband.com/songs/UGC_5005483
    edited April 2011
    Harmonix forgot to add it for some reason when it was approved.
  • PeridotWeaponPeridotWeapon Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    DragoonXD;4366212 said:
    Harmonix forgot to add it for some reason when it was approved.

Nodnod. Forest was grouped in with the "Lost Eight" (which also includes Atomic, Bean, Bohemian Like You, Footloose and Fancy Free, A Fruit Fly in The Beehive, Revengers and Tunnels of Vision) - songs that were released at one point for purchase, then got pulled from the store and didn't return.

I'm not sure if Forest ever DID appear in the store, come to think of it - it might never have been available other than a 'direct download' link.

Despite its odd release date, Forest could actually be purchased back in early February, and the version dated March 9th is the exact same file as the one I bought then.

Sigh. I'm gonna miss those 'direct shopping' links and the "Ultra Rare" songs you could end up with from them. :)
    edited April 2011
    Nice to see "Thou Shall Not Fear" finally see the light of day. Been looking forward to that for a long time.
  • dinomandinoman Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    any new songs released today? can't find any new ones in the store
    edited April 2011
    The blog has the new songs added today, but I haven't checked the store to see if they are actually there. Maybe HMX still needs to flip the switch.
    edited April 2011
    they are in the store now.. except two, which i don't remember the name's of right now... but i just played Thou Shall Not Fear and the new version of Africa on Xpro Drums and they are awesome!!

also, i failed at playing Xpro Keys on Lost Soul... haven't played the MTS song or RoJ song yet, because i can't decide on which instrument i should play it on
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2011
    New releases april 15th 2011
    Find Beauty - Rose of Jericho
    Africa (RB3 version) - Quartered
    Thou Shalt Not Fear - Lazarus AD
    Payback (Come On) - BioShaft
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4368636 said:
    New releases april 15th 2011
    Find Beauty - Rose of Jericho
    Africa (RB3 version) - Quartered
    Thou Shalt Not Fear - Lazarus AD
    Payback (Come On) - BioShaft

Dammit. More wallet rape ;_;
  • dmbdawdmbdaw Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Animal by Kink Ador is also available. Great rbrelief.org track!
    edited April 2011
    ^ I'll check that out.

Also, metalheads should get Thou Shall Not Fear. Incredibly fun (especially on drums, even if I can't pass them lol), awesome song AND only 80msp!
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited April 2011
    Well damn I didn't see that we got a Jukebox the Ghost song.

How involved are they with RBN? Anymore songs from them in the pipeline?
    edited April 2011
    FlyGuyLXI;4370538 said:

There are a number of previews here (4 more songs that I'm too lazy to list).
  • rab39rab39 Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    FlyGuyLXI;4370538 said:

"Half Crazy" was an unexpected delight for me.

Looks like they have four more on the way from the new album: http://www.youtube.com/user/GamerBeatsInc#p/u
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited April 2011
    DragoonXD;4370566 said:
    There are a number of previews here (4 more songs that I'm too lazy to list).
    rab39;4370569 said:
    "Half Crazy" was an unexpected delight for me.

Looks like they have four more on the way from the new album: http://www.youtube.com/user/GamerBeatsInc#p/u

This is pretty awesome stuff. I've noticed they're also working with The Walkmen. I hope GamerBeatsInc continues to shuffle out these kinds of bands.
    edited April 2011
    Half Crazy was certainly a delight. And I haven't tried the keys yet!

Been looking forward to them for a while and was very happy to see them already being put out.
  • Odin ForceOdin Force Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    I may have just become a fan of Jukebox the Ghost purely from watching those videos. I like all 5 songs and will certainly buy them all (if they come to PS3) and any others that are of similar quality.
  • rev0ltrev0lt Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    "Half Crazy" blew my mind when I checked the store today! So much fun on drums and I guess Pro Keys are awesome aswell.

Edit:
    I just realized that GamerBeats have a contract with Tragic Hero Records. I guess the label will push current releases, but now there is a small chance of getting one of my favorite bands into Rock Band: He Is Legend.
    Make it happen! Please, please, please!
  • edited April 2011
    Just went to go check what this Half Crazy everyone is raving about was all about and ending up watching all the Jukebox Ghost songs and they all look great. I have the album downloading now and will get Half Crazy tomorrow. They have an awesome sound sort of like Avett Brothers meets Pink Spiders plus awesome. can't wait for the rest (especially Schizophrenia)
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    So now that all weekly releases are uploaded to the store on a fix date (Thursdays), shouldn't we get some sort of announcement, at least a day early?
  • Odin ForceOdin Force Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Odin Force;4370924 said:
    I may have just become a fan of Jukebox the Ghost purely from watching those videos. I like all 5 songs and will certainly buy them all (if they come to PS3) and any others that are of similar quality.
    To follow up- I have since bought both CDs and 2 T-Shirts.

First time I've been made a major fan of a band I'd never heard of thanks to Rock Band Network. (Amberian Dawn almost counts, I guess.)
  • RockGamerRockGamer Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    Pankrazzo;4372604 said:
    So now that all weekly releases are uploaded to the store on a fix date (Thursdays), shouldn't we get some sort of announcement, at least a day early?

We can't confirm that the songs will drop on time, mainly because we never know what kind of weird shenanigans the servers will be up to on any given day.

That being said, the following songs from us passed within the previous week, and we expect them to be released tomorrow:
    - The Acro-Brats "Hair Trigger"
    - Amberian Dawn "The Curse"
    - NightShade "The Depths of Memory" (+ 2x Bass Pedal edition)

Additionally, I'm 99% sure the following songs from Rhythm Authors passed (mainly because we had a hand in the peer review proccess for them):
    - Andromeda "Chameleon Carneval"
    - Andromeda "Veil of Illumination (Part 1)"
    - Andromeda "Veil of Illumination (Part 2)"

Again, don't take this as confirmed until you see the songs in the store tomorrow, but if everything goes well tomorrow, look for these tracks to be available then.
    edited April 2011
    RockGamer;4372880 said:

- NightShade "The Depths of Memory" (+ 2x Bass Pedal edition)[/b]

is this a first? 2x Bass Pedal being released before the original?
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited April 2011
    dinoman;4372899 said:
    is this a first? 2x Bass pedal being released before the original?

The line was "- NightShade "The Depths of Memory" (+ 2x Bass Pedal edition)," with the + sign signifying that both versions are being released.
    edited April 2011
    oh, didn't see that... sorry
  • U2111U2U2111U2 Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    Any word on when the rest of the Jukebox the Ghost songs come out? I've become addicted to that band and am excited for every single one to come out.
  • rab39rab39 Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    Odin Force;4372610 said:
    To follow up- I have since bought both CDs and 2 T-Shirts.

First time I've been made a major fan of a band I'd never heard of thanks to Rock Band Network. (Amberian Dawn almost counts, I guess.)
    I'm right behind you. I'll definitely pick up the JTG albums, they sound so much like the debut album by Ben Folds Five.

I never heard of Asking Alexandria before RBN and I've become a major fan. I bought their last CD the day it came out.
  • edited April 2011
    U2111U2;4372959 said:
    Any word on when the rest of the Jukebox the Ghost songs come out? I've become addicted to that band and am excited for every single one to come out.

I know! I listened to all of Everything Under the Sun at least 5 times today. I can't wait for Schizophrenia and Empire

Oh my gah-ah-odd, your the one-ah-on.

also does the Acro-Brats song have keys? It seems to be the only thing i play anymore so it seems pointless to buy songs with no keys.