RBN2.0 New Release thread.

Comments

• GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited April 2011
    Hair Trigger's preview sounds awesome, and I didn't much like their RB1 song.
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    DragoonXD;4373937 said:
    HMX is indeed having store issues. "Veil of Illumination (Part 2)" disappeared from the store after I had initially download the demo (and then proceeded to buy points). "Angela Surf City" is supposed to be having problems, but is in the store and purchasable. And "A Grim Struggle" by Nightrage appeared out of nowhere in the store too.
    I seen it in the store yesterday, by chance can anyone let me know how long the "Veil of Illumination" tracks are?
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    17 minutes combined.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Or 7:55 (Part 1) and 9:40 (Part 2) separately. Don't ask me why I have those numbers memorized, I don't have an answer.
  • edited April 2011
    So authors what can we expect on Thursday? I know Schizophrenia by Jukebox the Ghost is coming out (and i can't wait) but what else?
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4378874 said:
    So authors what can we expect on Thursday? I know Schizophrenia by Jukebox the Ghost is coming out (and i can't wait) but what else?

We've got two on schedule:

The Blackout Argument - Satisfying Angst (Punk, 160MSP)
    Kylie D. Hart - Leave Me Be (Country, 80MSP)
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4378874 said:

Awesome Australian hard rock. Only 80 MSP, and if it does well, more of it will come.

EDIT: Full audio of the song. If you like it, grab the album...it's free!
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    RBN section of the store has updated, but only three new songs do appear. Are those all releases for this week or a bug again?

EDIT: Nevermind, five more have appeared now, but no Schizophrenia by Jukebox the Ghost :(
  • dinomandinoman Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    those three songs has been there since monday
    edited April 2011
    Today's RBN update:

"Satisfying Angst" - The Blackout Argument
    "Self Medicate" - Felsen
    "Doll in the Dust" - Kurodust
    "Leave Me Be" - Kylie D. Hart
    "River of Glass" - Rishloo
    "Dodgin Bullets" - Steve Fister
    "Beat Fly" - Tiny Danza
    "Dawn of the Condoms" - Ultra Saturday
    edited April 2011
    Can someone tell me if "The Window" is finally in the store?

"Schizophrenia" isn't even approved yet (I don't know if it's in quarantine or if it even passed review).

And where is "Country Song"? I know that has been approved since Monday.
    edited April 2011
    DragoonXD;4380320 said:
    Can someone tell me if "The Window" is finally in the store?

"Schizophrenia" isn't even approved yet (I don't know if it's in quarantine or if it even passed review).

And where is "Country Song"? I know that has been approved since Monday.

"The Window" is there, it's listed as an April 14th release.

Something's up with Country Song, if I try to view its song page on Creators it throws me to the general Songs page instead. That usually implies a glitch behind the scenes, but they might be holding it for a specific release date, the album's not out until May 17th.
    edited April 2011
    Thanks!

I wouldn't be quite so frustrated with all these problems, if I didn't have to wait a whole 'nother week for it be fixed.
    edited April 2011
    DragoonXD;4380333 said:
    Thanks!

I wouldn't be quite so frustrated with all these problems, if I didn't have to wait a whole 'nother week for it be fixed.

If they are holding Country Song for the album release, it could be as long as the 12th (or worse, the 19th, after the album). Who knows. :/
  • edited April 2011
    DragoonXD;4380320 said:

I thought MattGreig said it would be out today
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    ^ I guess it's a matter of them not following their own rules: NEVER give a release date.

Apparently, anything can happen :p
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Wow, The Window is freaking great.

Will probably pick that up with River of Glass and possibly another or two.
  • PeridotWeaponPeridotWeapon Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    I'll never understand how some of these songs end up rated on the Antibodies Guitar scale (Dawn of The Condoms is Tier 3 on Drums in what reality?) or how songs still end with Unison Bonuses and no activation point afterwards (Beat Fly). Technically it's not illegal, and I suppose you could time your Overdrive to bleed into it, but songs that end with impossible activations always feel "unpolished."

C'est la vie.
  • AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    PeridotWeapon;4380760 said:
    Technically it's not illegal.

It isn't? I thought somewhere in the docs it said that the last OD had to be so many measures from the last note and the final activation had to be so many before the end, so that people could use it.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    So what Insomniac Game is (pin)Ballz from?
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    hiimSMAP;4380775 said:
    So what Insomniac Game is (pin)Ballz from?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q86tZxuWngo&feature=player_embedded
    edited April 2011
    I'll never understand how some of these songs end up rated on the Antibodies Guitar scale (Dawn of The Condoms is Tier 3 on Drums in what reality?) or how songs still end with Unison Bonuses and no activation point afterwards (Beat Fly). Technically it's not illegal, and I suppose you could time your Overdrive to bleed into it, but songs that end with impossible activations always feel "unpolished."

C'est la vie.
    That last overdrive phrase in "Beat Fly" really just doesn't need to be there. Yeah, it'll get you a few hundred more points on guitar/bass, but it is just so close to the end of the song.
  • wesjett08wesjett08 Rising Star
    edited April 2011

C'est la vie.

It was mentioned in one of the last reviews that the drums should probably go up one dot, Nothing to fail a song over though. I've always found it weird though as IMO DOTC is one of my easier parts. Luckily tiering doesn't exactly matter much in the grand scheme of things.
    edited April 2011
    wesjett08;4380858 said:
    It was mentioned in one of the last reviews that the drums should probably go up one dot, Nothing to fail a song over though. I've always found it weird though as IMO DOTC is one of my easier parts. Luckily tiering doesn't exactly matter much in the grand scheme of things.
    Nodnod. Especially since every single "Red Skull" song from RBN 1.0 is, and will forever be, mistiered. Tiers have been a matter of personal preference (or behind-the-scenes politics) ever since Enter Sandman was rated higher on Bass than on Guitar. ;)

It's just very rare for a song with that level of drum pedal action to be rated anything less than Tier 4 or 5. As the self-professed Master of Mediocrity, if I can't 5* it on a sightread, it's not Tier 3. (Of course, that's also ignoring the fact that Hard might be laughably easy, which would warrant a tier drop for the total package.)
  • edited April 2011
    The Window by Raven Quinn has a guitar solo from the legendary George Lynch (Dokken/Lynch Mob) and a wicked drum track by Josh Freese (Perfect Circle / NiN). What a blast to chart and play. Check out the video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z1sSfJjfWg

To keep up on the latest releases from Offbeat Entertainment (including two tunes from blues guitarist Steve Fister), check out our Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/OffbeatEntertainment

Peace.
    edited April 2011
    PeridotWeapon;4380879 said:
    Nodnod. Especially since every single "Red Skull" song from RBN 1.0 is, and will forever be, mistiered. Tiers have been a matter of personal preference (or behind-the-scenes politics) ever since Enter Sandman was rated higher on Bass than on Guitar. ;)

It's just very rare for a song with that level of drum pedal action to be rated anything less than Tier 4 or 5. As the self-professed Master of Mediocrity, if I can't 5* it on a sightread, it's not Tier 3. (Of course, that's also ignoring the fact that Hard might be laughably easy, which would warrant a tier drop for the total package.)

Totally understand, I guess I just underestimate my right foot from time to time :p

Hope you enjoyed the song regardless of it's slight mis-tiering.
    edited April 2011
    wesjett08;4380892 said:
    Hope you enjoyed the song regardless of it's slight mis-tiering.
    Nodnod. There's at least a half-dozen Tier 2s on RBN that are harder than this, so it's not like it's a major issue.

Just means I'll enjoy it all the more when I improve to the point that I can Gold Star the [expletive deleted]. :)

Besides, going back and giving Kiss Kiss Bang Bang another try, it's not like I can get close to GS on that one, either - so at least you're staying consistent to your own ratings!
    edited April 2011
    Haha, Don't feel bad ... I've yet to goldstar it as well but then again I'm notoriously bad at my own songs in game for some reason.

Good luck!
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited April 2011
    I just got Tiny Danza - "Beat Fly" what a frekin kick ass song, its like "Airplanes" except for with an amazing guitar part and a pretty awesome guitar solo
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited May 2011
    Store Update: May 5, 2011

Song Title - Artist

"Passing Bells" - Amberian Dawn
    "Willow of Tears" - Amberian Dawn
    "My Star" - Andromeda
    "The Final Episode (Let's Change The Channel) (RB3 version)" - Asking Alexandria
    "Hey I" - Blackberry Wednesday
    "Hangman" - Drugstore Fanatics
    "Seestrasse" - Killbody Tuning
    "Katsushika" - Rishloo
    "Stay Alive" - Rivethead
    "Curse of the Werewolf" - Timeless Miracle
    "Queen Bee" - Tina Guo
    "Underground" - Wargasm