RBN2.0 New Release thread.

Comments

• wesjett08wesjett08 Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    PeridotWeapon;4380760 said:
    I'll never understand how some of these songs end up rated on the Antibodies Guitar scale (Dawn of The Condoms is Tier 3 on Drums in what reality?) or how songs still end with Unison Bonuses and no activation point afterwards (Beat Fly). Technically it's not illegal, and I suppose you could time your Overdrive to bleed into it, but songs that end with impossible activations always feel "unpolished."

C'est la vie.

It was mentioned in one of the last reviews that the drums should probably go up one dot, Nothing to fail a song over though. I've always found it weird though as IMO DOTC is one of my easier parts. Luckily tiering doesn't exactly matter much in the grand scheme of things.
  • PeridotWeaponPeridotWeapon Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    wesjett08;4380858 said:
    It was mentioned in one of the last reviews that the drums should probably go up one dot, Nothing to fail a song over though. I've always found it weird though as IMO DOTC is one of my easier parts. Luckily tiering doesn't exactly matter much in the grand scheme of things.
    Nodnod. Especially since every single "Red Skull" song from RBN 1.0 is, and will forever be, mistiered. Tiers have been a matter of personal preference (or behind-the-scenes politics) ever since Enter Sandman was rated higher on Bass than on Guitar. ;)

It's just very rare for a song with that level of drum pedal action to be rated anything less than Tier 4 or 5. As the self-professed Master of Mediocrity, if I can't 5* it on a sightread, it's not Tier 3. (Of course, that's also ignoring the fact that Hard might be laughably easy, which would warrant a tier drop for the total package.)
  • edited April 2011
    The Window by Raven Quinn has a guitar solo from the legendary George Lynch (Dokken/Lynch Mob) and a wicked drum track by Josh Freese (Perfect Circle / NiN). What a blast to chart and play. Check out the video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z1sSfJjfWg

To keep up on the latest releases from Offbeat Entertainment (including two tunes from blues guitarist Steve Fister), check out our Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/OffbeatEntertainment

Peace.
    edited April 2011
    PeridotWeapon;4380879 said:
    Nodnod. Especially since every single "Red Skull" song from RBN 1.0 is, and will forever be, mistiered. Tiers have been a matter of personal preference (or behind-the-scenes politics) ever since Enter Sandman was rated higher on Bass than on Guitar. ;)

It's just very rare for a song with that level of drum pedal action to be rated anything less than Tier 4 or 5. As the self-professed Master of Mediocrity, if I can't 5* it on a sightread, it's not Tier 3. (Of course, that's also ignoring the fact that Hard might be laughably easy, which would warrant a tier drop for the total package.)

Totally understand, I guess I just underestimate my right foot from time to time :p

Hope you enjoyed the song regardless of it's slight mis-tiering.
    edited April 2011
    wesjett08;4380892 said:
    Hope you enjoyed the song regardless of it's slight mis-tiering.
    Nodnod. There's at least a half-dozen Tier 2s on RBN that are harder than this, so it's not like it's a major issue.

Just means I'll enjoy it all the more when I improve to the point that I can Gold Star the [expletive deleted]. :)

Besides, going back and giving Kiss Kiss Bang Bang another try, it's not like I can get close to GS on that one, either - so at least you're staying consistent to your own ratings!
    edited April 2011
    Haha, Don't feel bad ... I've yet to goldstar it as well but then again I'm notoriously bad at my own songs in game for some reason.

Good luck!
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited April 2011
    I just got Tiny Danza - "Beat Fly" what a frekin kick ass song, its like "Airplanes" except for with an amazing guitar part and a pretty awesome guitar solo
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited May 2011
    Store Update: May 5, 2011

Song Title - Artist

"Passing Bells" - Amberian Dawn
    "Willow of Tears" - Amberian Dawn
    "My Star" - Andromeda
    "The Final Episode (Let's Change The Channel) (RB3 version)" - Asking Alexandria
    "Hey I" - Blackberry Wednesday
    "Hangman" - Drugstore Fanatics
    "Seestrasse" - Killbody Tuning
    "Katsushika" - Rishloo
    "Stay Alive" - Rivethead
    "Curse of the Werewolf" - Timeless Miracle
    "Queen Bee" - Tina Guo
    "Underground" - Wargasm
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    I would have so skipped this week's regular DLC if I'd known "Curse of the Werewolf" had passed.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    My Star and Curse of the Werewolf for me!
  • edited May 2011
    Any new 80 point songs with pro-keys that are worth looking at?
  • Dogmatic2020Dogmatic2020 Rising Star
    edited May 2011
    Casto21;4386706 said:
    Store Update: May 5, 2011

Song Title - Artist

"Hangman" - Drugstore Fanatics
    Oh yeah.
    edited May 2011
    "Hey I" is really catchy. Sounds like some other band I've heard I can't put my finger on.
    edited May 2011
    DragoonXD;4386799 said:
    "Hey I" is really catchy. Sounds like some other band I've heard I can't put my finger on.

Godsmack?

I thought it sounded like Godsmack covering a Nickelback song, lol. It was a nice little song.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4386820 said:
    Godsmack?

I thought it sounded like Godsmack covering a Nickelback song, lol. It was a nice little song.

I have to say, I've never heard someone use Godsmack and Nickelback in the same sentence and mean it as a positive. That's almost refreshing.
    edited May 2011
    FairwoodStudios;4386831 said:
    I have to say, I've never heard someone use Godsmack and Nickelback in the same sentence and mean it as a positive. That's almost refreshing.

Well, I really really enjoy Godsmack. Nickelback isn't bad, so yeah.... positive :)
    edited May 2011
    It's not quite as "hard-rocking" as either of those, but I see where you're coming from.

Now that I think about it, the singer kinda sounds like Rob Thomas. Or I'm crazy.
  • Dogmatic2020Dogmatic2020 Rising Star
    edited May 2011
    DragoonXD;4386845 said:
    Now that I think about it, the singer kinda sounds like Rob Thomas. Or I'm crazy.
    Just watched the youtube vid and I definitely agree with you there.
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    "Passing Bells" - Amberian Dawn
    "Willow of Tears" - Amberian Dawn -Yes yes yes! More Amberian Dawn is always awesome.

"Hey I" - Blackberry Wednesday, "Hangman" - Drugstore Fanatics, and "Stay Alive" - Rivethead are looking(sounding) great as well.

"Curse of the Werewolf" - Timeless Miracle - Swedish power metal?? Sign me up!

"Queen Bee" - Tina Guo - Flight of the Bumblebee metal-ized? I like it!

This has been a good release day for me.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited May 2011
    Still no more Jukebox the Ghost?

Bummer.

I'll check out the charts for "Curse of the Werewolf" though.
  • edited May 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4386780 said:
    Any new 80 point songs with pro-keys that are worth looking at?

not one 80 point song with keys *sigh*
    edited May 2011
    Seestrasse is a nice little instrumental song, too. Struck me kinda like music you'd find in a Diablo game.

And as the "Drum Difficulty Police" (heh), I'd probably have rated it Tier-3 instead of Tier-2 (due to not many pauses once the drums start, several quick yellow rolls and a few mid-speed "27-stomp-in-a-row" sections), but I suppose you could argue the minute+ nap you get at the beginning on the song balances it all out. :)
  • DeNiceDeNice Unsigned
    edited May 2011
    "Katsushika" by Rishloo: Ok, I may not be a genius when it comes to song tiers, but I really don't think this song is a Tier 3 guitar song. I mean, it's as much a tier 3 song as East Jesus Nowhere was originally Tier 3 on RB2. A tricky HO/PO section in both choruses, and the outro is blast alt-strumming just like EJN, but longer in length. Much longer. I just feel that perhaps that should've been bumped up a tier, that's all.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited May 2011
    DeNice;4387257 said:
    "Katsushika" by Rishloo: Ok, I may not be a genius when it comes to song tiers, but I really don't think this song is a Tier 3 guitar song.
    I thought about that myself after looking at the charts. Those are all pretty fast-paced and non-linear hopo sequence for tier 3 standards. That should be tier 5 at the LEAST.
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    Looking forward to the AD releases.
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited May 2011
    Tina Guo - Queen Bee is amazing, how I missed it for that long I have no idea, hopefully we see more from her soon

also, she doesnt know it yet but shes my future wife.....what a hottie
  • The FriskThe Frisk Opening Act
    edited May 2011
    Anyone have a video of the RB3 version of the Asking Alexandria song?
    I'm curious how hard the keys actually are.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    Any previews for tomorrow, please?
  • stanislasstanislas Unsigned
    edited May 2011
    PeridotWeapon;4387035 said:
    Seestrasse is a nice little instrumental song, too. Struck me kinda like music you'd find in a Diablo game.

And as the "Drum Difficulty Police" (heh), I'd probably have rated it Tier-3 instead of Tier-2 (due to not many pauses once the drums start, several quick yellow rolls and a few mid-speed "27-stomp-in-a-row" sections), but I suppose you could argue the minute+ nap you get at the beginning on the song balances it all out. :)

Thanks a lot for this comment PeridotWeapon. I'm the drummer of this band and I'm pleased you like it.

All the best.
    edited May 2011
    Pankrazzo;4391884 said:
    Any previews for tomorrow, please?
    Some of these may not show up for whatever reason:

Eden by TesseracT
    Dreamchaser by Amberian Dawn
    Trying Hard by Loni Rose
    Revenants by The Cold Goodnight
    Go North by The Pauses

May or may not be more that slipped under my radar.