RBN2.0 New Release thread.

Comments

• PeridotWeaponPeridotWeapon Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    Nodnod, no need for a new site. The uploads should still appear in the same numerically increasing formula (with every other file being a full version). So it's just a matter of waiting a few songs to confirm the new "start point" and begin searches from there.

I prefer the convenience of "CPU on-line shopping" as opposed to using the in-game store. Of course that could have something to do with the fact that I've got nearly 1,600 files it needs to approve each time I start the game. So I wait through that, shop in-game, and then have to have them all re-approved before I can play! :)
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    PeridotWeapon;4345142 said:
    I prefer the convenience of "CPU on-line shopping" as opposed to using the in-game store. Of course that could have something to do with the fact that I've got nearly 1,600 files it needs to approve each time I start the game. So I wait through that, shop in-game, and then have to have them all re-approved before I can play! :)
    This! I also like that I can search online, versus in the in-game store.
  • Young_NastymanYoung_Nastyman Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    I'm too excited for more pro keys :P
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited March 2011
    New Releases 3/28/11

28 Days - Mafia Track Suit
    Andromeda - Bluefusion
    Happy People - Big Kenny
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    FUUUUU! I thought you meant the artist Andromeda.
  • dinomandinoman Rising Star
    edited March 2011
  • PeridotWeaponPeridotWeapon Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    Finally. The double dose of not only having to wait for new songs to start appearing, but having to wait for them to show up via the in-game store is going to drive me insane. What's a guy gotta do to give up-and-coming-bands money nowadays? :)

All 80 point songs, too. (Or, technically, 76 points until the end of the month, as Microsoft's "get 5% of the MSP you spend this month back NEXT month" promotion should still be going on.)

And because someone asked me at one point - it takes almost exactly two minutes for me to get from the Xbox Dashboard through the song validation process into the store so I can check the current number of songs available and see if any new ones have shown up. Then after I've downloaded anything new, another 70 seconds to RE-validate that content. Then I can play. Heh.
  • Odin ForceOdin Force Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    I really hope more songs may the journey over to PS3. I've been snatching up some RBN 1.0 songs lately, but it always kills me to be missing a few songs from an album or by a band that I know are on the XBOX. :(
  • V4VendettaV4Vendetta Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Why isn't there a sudden influx of songs like there was when RBN1 was delayed. This is dragging on more than I expected.
    edited March 2011
    Because we were working with RBN1 songs since October and it opened in March.

RBN2.0 closed down in the middle of Feb and opened up in early March, we've got four entirely new processes to work with (harmonies, Keys, Pro Keys, and the venue charting is completely different.), and there isn't as many testers as there once was.

Also even though RBN1 was delayed we were all on the site testing and reviewing. When RBN2.0 was delayed the site was gone. We couldn't do any testing or reviewing at all till it came back.

So there you go ;)
  • V4VendettaV4Vendetta Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited April 2011
    I think they're just being lazy ;)
    edited April 2011
    Bront20;4353831 said:
    I think they're just being lazy ;)

Can you feel my hatred vision burning holes into your soul from across the country?

:P
    edited April 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4353843 said:
    Can you feel my hatred vision burning holes into your soul from across the country?

:P
    I would if you were out of state.

(You're in IL too aren't you?)
    edited April 2011
    Yeah.

Crap you're too close.

I don't want to give myself a permanent orange afro by using it now ;)
    edited April 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4353850 said:
    Yeah.

Crap you're too close.

I don't want to give myself a permanent orange afro by using it now ;)

Don't look now, but you winged Riles.
  • rab39rab39 Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me there's another reason for the delay. It doesn't seem like any Harmonix employees are submitting tracks or peer reviewing. Now I could be completely off and I apologize if I am. But many of the early Rock Band Network songs were Harmonix bands and some songs got fast tracked...but it only seems like Ozone, Tag, etc are active.

But maybe Mr. Drake is just catching his breath, heh, because I think he spent an insane amount of time working on RBN2 projects last year on top of all his other duties (and wonderful drumming).

Of course, they're still kicking ass behind the scenes helping us get the songs. I'm not complaining just speculating. RBN is pure awesomeness and I'm more defensive of it than the actual game because I love supporting smaller bands.

That said, with the addition of keyboards, and over 2,000 songs, I'm more than willing to wait. I plan to buy all keyboard tracks on RBN2.
    edited April 2011
    I will tell you one thing there is a SEVERE lack of playtesters in the community right now. Things are moving at a snails pace because nothing is getting tested outside of what we do in the weekly test threads it seems.

Before there were random playtesters and your songs (outside of the test/review threads) would get tests and reviews all week long. Now we've had four songs go through two entire weeks of playtesting and not get a single test.

It's getting pretty bad IMO.
  • brownies4allbrownies4all Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4354083 said:
    I will tell you one thing there is a SEVERE lack of playtesters in the community right now. Things are moving at a snails pace because nothing is getting tested outside of what we do in the weekly test threads it seems.

Before there were random playtesters and your songs (outside of the test/review threads) would get tests and reviews all week long. Now we've had four songs go through two entire weeks of playtesting and not get a single test.

It's getting pretty bad IMO.

Wow...
    I have been considering maning up for XNA subscription to actually playtest and help out (expert player across all instruments except vocals. I know how the drum charts work and are supposed to look, and I could read carefully to understand all the other chart types and give good feedback). The only thing I need to get around doing is dropping the cash for the subscription. I know it's work as opposed to the joy of playing songs for free (minus the subscription) before they hit the store, but I am willing to commit to playtesting.
  • JerkinatorJerkinator Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    I'd playtest but the amount of money they charge is ridiculous, and it's not like you even get to keep any of the songs so what's the point really?
  • edited April 2011
    Jerkinator;4354368 said:
    I'd playtest but the amount of money they charge is ridiculous, and it's not like you even get to keep any of the songs so what's the point really?

Exactly!

There is really no incentive to playtest. You have to pay 100 bucks and don't get to keep the finished product. It would even be worth it if you got like 20MSP per helpful review but you get nothing from it so the only time songs get tested is if authors are trading tests.
  • QuazifujiQuazifuji Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    Jerkinator;4354368 said:

Unfortunately, Microsoft is in charge of that part, so unless they decide to cooperate Harmonix can't make it more accessible, which is definitely disappointing. I remember them discussing the possibility of a cheaper test/review-only account, but I assume Microsoft said no.

It still has some point (help out with RBN, get the chance to play songs ahead of time, potentially saving money because you can decide what you want to buy when you playtest it), but not enough to justify the fairly large time and money investment for most people, so very little testing and reviewing happens outside of trades between authors. Personally, I'd love to help out but just don't have the time to do enough testing/reviewing to justify the cost.
  • dinomandinoman Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    i'd love to test and review but i don't live in america
  • KemirochKemiroch Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    I'd also love to help test. I can even eat the cost.

The main problem is I am just borderline expert guitar/bass, less on every other instrument, and don't really have the drive (or ability, likely) to improve. Moreso, even if I was passable on all the instruments, I have no clue what I'd be looking for to fix.

I'd love to help out RBN, but the best I can to do is to encourage people good at the game and at music to become testers! Cmon people you know you want to!
  • DTylerPhotoDTylerPhoto Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    Alright, I'll sign up for it I guess. After signing up, how do you find the peer review songs?
    edited April 2011
    Wait, before I do this - Bed Intruder is on peer review RIGHT NOW, correct? So I could like, play Bed Intruder TONIGHT.

**** that's worth $99 RIGHT THERE.
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    You forgot Bed Intruder Song, Mousetrap, Pac-man fever, and Froggy's Lament, but I dont know when those come out.
    edited April 2011
    Mileycyrussoulja;4354943 said:
    You forgot Bed Intruder Song, Mousetrap, Pac-man fever, and Froggy's Lament, but I dont know when those come out.

wait wait wait, those are coming to peer review???? No freaking way. $99 is *not* a lot of money at all. If anyone can confirm whether or not any or all of those songs are in peer review, I will sign up right f'ing now O_O
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    DTylerPhoto;4355010 said:
    wait wait wait, those are coming to peer review???? No freaking way. $99 is *not* a lot of money at all. If anyone can confirm whether or not any or all of those songs are in peer review, I will sign up right f'ing now O_O

They're not in Peer Review, but they are in playtesting. At least, Bed Intruder is...I can't find the Pac-Man songs, so they must be undergoing revision. Ozone'll have them back up though, they've all seen testing.

Sign up.Tons of awesome stuff besides that, and we could use the extra eyes on the songs. :)
    edited April 2011
    Arcanon;4355025 said:
    wordswords Peer Review, wordswords playtesting. wordswords, BED INTRUDER wordswordswordswords PAC-MAN SONGS, wordswordswordswordswordswords. wordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswords.

I would like to sing Bed Intruder over and over and then video tape it and annoy Facebook people and would like instructions on how to make this a reality. I would prefer to do this as soon as possible and would like to be doing this right about three hours ago.

I'm unaware of the difference between playtesting and peer review, but I would like to play bed intruder on vocals NOW and have a small fortune amassed to make this happen....and wardrobe - I have a small rolled up newspaper, a red bandana and a black wifebeater - I AM READY FOR THIS. One might even say that I have prepared for this my entire life, but then I would be less than a year old.