When will we see new RBN tracks?

CXKCXK Opening Act
edited March 2011 in The Rock Band Network
I apologize in advance if this has been answered (I fear it already had but I just missed it). I know it was in transition to RBN 2.0, but i've noticed after 1 month only one new song was released. It was perfect timing for me since I just went from a RB2 stock kit to an Alesis DM10 studio kit, so adjusting was pretty difficult.

anyway, does anyone know when things should return to normal?

Comments

• ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited March 2011
    I'd say songs should start trickling out in the next update and should continue to increase each week until they're back to the usual release amount.
  • CXKCXK Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4340957 said:
    I'd say songs should start trickling out in the next update and should continue to increase each week until they're back to the usual release amount.

Next update means Tuesday? Thanks for the reply!
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited March 2011
    You seem to have forgotten that people need to chart, submit, and test all RBN2.0 songs before they can come out. It's not simply network transition time.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4340966 said:
    You seem to have forgotten that people need to chart, submit, and test all RBN2.0 songs before they can come out. It's not simply network transition time.

Yes, but RBN2.0 got released while back, it's not ridiculous to be wondering this. I've been wondering it also... But if you look up videos on YouTube, you'll see that a lot of long and complicated songs have already been charted for RBN2
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Doesn't mean those charts are ready for release yet.

Everyone is just used to the 20 song weeks, because nobody was charting new songs, and everyone was rushing to release their songs before the transition to RBN2.0. It's just going to back to a normal release schedule.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited March 2011
    atalkingfish;4340991 said:
    Yes, but RBN2.0 got released while back, it's not ridiculous to be wondering this.
    Sure, it is. They may be charted(more charts than RBN1.0 with new rules, too), but they still haven't been tested(more times than RBN1.0 songs have to be, also learning the new rules).
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    While it's been over a month since the pipeline shut down to switch to RBN2, there hasn't even been three weeks since it opened back up, and that's really where the "month in the pipeline" should start.

Everybody seems to forget that the pipeline was shut for over two weeks, much longer than initially planned. That factors into the time it takes before RBN is back into full swing.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Tuesday should add Mafia Track Suit - "28 Days" and Anamanaguchi - "Airbrushed" to the store. Barring technical issues.
  • PeridotWeaponPeridotWeapon Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    DavyinaToga;4341010 said:
    Everybody seems to forget that the pipeline was shut for over two weeks, much longer than initially planned. That factors into the time it takes before RBN is back into full swing.
    Remember, too, that "RBN 1.0" had music "flowing through its pipes" for several months before it was unveiled to the world. That's how it was able to launch with over 100 songs available at start, and had a number of other songs well through the production process at that point.

RBN 2.0 had almost all the songs at the starting line, needing to get through the evalutation process before they could even be considered for Peer Review.

The "Valentine's Day Melody Rush" pushed pretty much ALL the content that could be passed into production. About TWO HUNDRED SONGS were released in the first six weeks. So it's not surprising that after such a flood, there'd be a dry spell (as well as irrational hopes that such a pace could be maintained.)

So at best, it'll be a couple months before things can return to a semblance of what they once were. Songs will never be as fast as they used to be, because more instruments to chart means more production time and more ways a song can fail approval.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Just as long as we don't start getting anything as low as 2-3 songs a week. I've been far too spoiled by RBN.