Confused tags in RBN store on Wii

RuckBogersRuckBogers Unsigned
edited April 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Something weird's going on in the RBN section of the Wii store... I was browsing through because I've got some spare points to use up, and noticed a Main Drag song that wasn't there before, which is obviously odd as RBN isn't being updated on Wii anymore.

The track is 'Taking Apart a Gigantic Machine', which I was going to eagerly download, but then the artwork came up as Otep, and the preview played 'Smash The Control Machine' by Otep rather than anything by The Main Drag. So it's got a Main Drag title, artist and album info, but Otep preview and artwork.

So what song am I gonna get if I try and download it? Browsing under 'The Main Drag' from the normal store only shows How We'd Look on Paper and Don't Let Me Down so I'm presuming my hopes have been built up for nothing, but I don't want to spend my points without knowing what I'm getting - can anyone offer some advice?

Thanks.

Comments

• HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited March 2011
    RuckBogers;4343566 said:
    Something weird's going on in the RBN section of the Wii store...
    "Taking Apart A Gigantic Machine" has not been released into the Wii store, so this was some kind of error. I checked the store just now and couldn't find it. If you can give me a bit more information, it will help me track the problem down.

Where in the store did you see it listed? Are you in the US or in Europe?
  • RuckBogersRuckBogers Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    I'm in Europe. Basically as far as I can work out, it's the Otep song but it's incorrectly tagged as 'The Main Drag', with the wrong title.

If you browse by artist, it isn't with the other Main Drag songs, but appears where Otep would... but still under 'The Main Drag', in the wrong part of the alphabet. I don't think I've explained that very well... just browse alphabetically by artist and look for Otep and you'll see what I mean hopefully!

Thanks for your help :)
    edited March 2011
    RuckBogers;4344916 said:
    Thanks for your help :)
    Thank you for yours! I'm following up on this.
    edited March 2011
    I've verified the situation with the Wii in Europe. We'll have it fixed on 4/5. Thank you so much for your help!
  • nbaronzzinbaronzzi Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    Hello,

just wanted to let you know that this problem is not fixed, or at least not for me. A few hours ago, I downloaded what appeared to be 'Taking Apart a Gigantic Machine' and when I went to play it, to my dismay it was actually 'Smash the Control Machine'. I'm a little annoyed that I wasted two dollars due to a broken tag and got a song I don't want, but it's not really a huge deal.

Just want you to know that this is still a problem currently.

Also: I am in the U.S. and having this issue.
    edited April 2011
    nbaronzzi;4369637 said:
    Just want you to know that this is still a problem currently.

Also: I am in the U.S. and having this issue.

Thank you very much for letting me know. We'll follow up.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    I'm in the US and You Ain't No Family is listed as Alive and Kicking by Non-Point. Also a couple of weeks ago A Prophecy by Asking Alexandria was listed as a completely different song as well ( I don't remember what is was. ) It's fine now for me but just bringing it to your guys attention.
    edited April 2011
    GameMaster439;4374249 said:
    I'm in the US and You Ain't No Family is listed as Alive and Kicking by Non-Point. Also a couple of weeks ago A Prophecy by Asking Alexandria was listed as a completely different song as well ( I don't remember what is was. ) It's fine now for me but just bringing it to your guys attention.

Appreciated!
    edited April 2011
    Good news: we know what's wrong and we're working to fix it.

However, the fix will take a few weeks to sort out, and this will result in a while longer when the occasional "fake" song may appear on the Wii.

If you see a new song show up on the Wii RBN store, it is an error. We do not have any new RBN songs available for sale on the Wii.

We apologize for any confusion this causes.