Comments

• LegendofRock3021LegendofRock3021 Nice Doggy
    edited March 2011
    Background:

August 31st, 2010 - October 20th, 2011 (252 Voting Days)
    Thread Creators: Dante1847, LegendofRock3021
    Purpose: Create an Indie/Alternative community setlist
    Featured: Rules
    First setlist: The Community's Rock Band: Indie/Alternative Setlist
    edited March 2011
    DLC:

Week 1: The Velvet Underground & Nico Full Album - The Velvet Underground

Week 2: Wilco 3-Pack + Singles
    Wilco Pack 01:
    Ashes of American Flags
    I'm the Man Who Loves You
    Side With the Seeds

Singles Pack 05:
    Love and Rockets - So Alive
    The Mountain Goats - Lion's Teeth
    The Stone Roses - Breaking into Heaven

Week 3: The Smiths 5-Pack + Editors 3-Pack
    The Smiths Pack 02:
    Ask
    The Boy With a Thorn in His Side
    Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
    How Soon is Now?
    That Joke isn't Funny Anymore

Editors Pack 01:
    Munich
    Papillon
    When Anger Shows

Week 4: The Jesus and Mary Chain 4-Pack
    The Jesus and Mary Chain Pack 01:
    Happy When It Rains
    My Little Underground
    Sometimes Always
    Teenage Lust

Week 5: ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead 6-Pack
    ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead Pack 01:
    Baudelaire
    Heart in the Hand of the Matter
    It Was There That I Saw You
    Monsoon
    Pure Radio Cosplay
    Summer of All Dead Souls

Week 6: Singles
    Singles Pack 06:
    Blind Melon - Tones of Home
    Jet - Look What You've Done
    of Montreal - Suffer for Fashion
    Phoenix - Consolation Prizes
    RX Bandits - Breakfast Cat
    Soul Asylum - Runaway Train

Week 7: Post-Rock 6-Pack
    Post-Rock Pack 01:
    Godspeed You! Black Emperor - The Dead Flag Blues
    Mogwai - Letters to the Metro
    [B]Sigur R
    edited March 2011
    Number of Songs per Band (With DLC):

15 songs: The Black Keys
    12 songs: R.E.M.
    11 songs: The Strokes
    10 songs: Foals
    9 songs: The Cure, The Velvet Underground
    7 songs: Dinosaur Jr.
    6 songs: ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead, The Notwist
    5 songs: Darwin Deez, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Modest Mouse, The Smiths
    4 songs: The Feelies, PJ Harvey, Sonic Youth, Two Door Cinema Club
    3 songs: Editors, Elefant, Neon Indian, Stereophonics, Wilco
    2 songs: [I]Arcade Fire, Blur, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Joy Division, Mew, Mogwai, Mother Love Bone, The Mountain Goats, Queens of the Stone Age, Sigur R
    edited March 2011
    Total Number of Songs per Band (With DLC) (1st and 2nd setlists combined) :

27 songs: Radiohead
    22 songs: The Cure
    19 songs: Sonic Youth
    17 songs: R.E.M.
    15 songs: The Black Keys, Bloc Party, The Strokes
    14 songs: Muse, Pavement, The Stone Roses
    13 songs: Beck, Modest Mouse
    12 songs: My Bloody Valentine, The Smiths, The Velvet Underground
    10 songs: Foals
    9 songs: Dinosaur Jr., Mew
    7 songs: ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead, Joy Division, The Notwist, The Shins
    6 songs: The Jesus and Mary Chain
    5 songs: Darwin Deez, Silversun Pickups, Talking Heads, Wilco, Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    4 songs: [I]Arcade Fire, The Feelies, Kings of Leon, Lush, Neon Indian, PJ Harvey, Queens of the Stone Age, Sigur R
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited March 2011
    Wow, can't believe the (main) list is finished now. Feels like yesterday when we started.

Btw, a link to the first setlist in the OP would be nice. ;)
    edited March 2011
    Coldplayer;4343652 said:
    Btw, a link to the first setlist in the OP would be nice. ;)

Done.
  • clashcityrocker10clashcityrocker10 Headliner
    edited March 2011
    I dug making this setlist and a lot of it is really great stuff.
  • Dante1847Dante1847 Headliner
    edited March 2011
    give me an hour, Ill be putting up the DLC Week 1 thread up shortly. Thanks for all your help again, legend
    edited March 2011
    also, should we do a poll on rating the final setlist?
    edited March 2011
    Dante1847;4344024 said:
    give me an hour, Ill be putting up the DLC Week 1 thread up shortly. Thanks for all your help again, legend
    No problem at all, I know it was much easier for you if I made the threads because of the time difference.
    Dante1847;4344025 said:
    also, should we do a poll on rating the final setlist?

It's your call, I know necker put up a poll for the first setlist.
    edited March 2011
    I think it'd be cool, but it's not a big deal either way
    edited March 2011
    Yep, Poll would be nice, if you can still edit it in legend.

I think this setlist is a little little bit weaker than the first but still awesome.

EDIT: Or maybe it is just as good as the first one. With the exception of the Radiohead song choice. :p
  • FatWilmaFatWilma Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    I'm disappointed there's no Bloc Party, MMJ, Wilco, Interpol, or MGMT :(
    edited March 2011
    FatWilma;4344601 said:

definitely agree. we should go for another Interpol pack, if not album
    edited April 2011
    FatWilma;4344601 said:

First setlist was full of Bloc Party. Almost all the important Bloc Party songs were on there, I guess that's why nobody voted for them anymore.
    Guess you could say the same about Radiohead, but well... it's Radiohead. (Although Everything In It's Right Place is a bad choice anyway)

Wilco pack is on there now as well and I'm not a big fan of MMJ or MGMT. Interpol is good, but I don't miss them much.

I'm just really happy about that Post-Rock pack. Especially about the Mighty Rio Grande. Probably the best Post Rock track ever. Wish this would be real, but unfortunately this will never happen in reality. :(
    edited April 2011
    [QUOTE=LegendofRock3021;4343578]Number of Songs per Band (With DLC):

10 songs: The Strokes, The Velvet Underground
    6 songs: ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead
    5 songs: The Smiths
    4 songs: The Jesus and Mary Chain
    3 songs: Editors
    1 song: [I]Blind Melon, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Jet, Love and Rockets, Mogwai, The Mountain Goats, Of Montreal, Phoenix, RX Bandits, Sigur R
    edited April 2011
    Coldplayer;4366527 said:
    Why do you only count DLC songs btw?
    Shouldnt we count all the songs on the main list as well? (it says "with DLC" after all, which kinda implies that it's a list of "something" plus DLC.) ^^
    Good catch, it should be correct now.
    edited April 2011
    LegendofRock3021;4366545 said:
    Good catch, it should be correct now.

Yup, think that's correct now. (There is an "s" missing in "2 songs" though ^^ )

EDIT:
    ...but one thing... I was just thinking if we should count the bands from the first setlist and DLC as well? After all, we are not allowed to vote for them right now if they were on the first setlist or DLC which makes it like a whole platform of songs.

I mean, I don't want it to be complicated or too much unnecessary work, but if I would just see this list of songs, I would say "Damn, there is not enough Radiohead in this game! Or no Bloc Party at all!" although the first setlist plus DLC has a lot of Radiohead and Bloc Party songs. Know what I mean?

But well, it's not a big deal, so if you don't want to do the work or if you are afraid that it may become to complicated because people could ask themselves "where are all those numbers from?" (although you could write "Number of Songs per Band [First setlist and DLC included]) than I don't care much if you don't add it.

EDIT2:

Although I would be very curious to see which bands have the most songs on our "music platform". Pretty sure it's still Radiohead. xD
    edited April 2011
    CP, I think Legend has it fine with linking the first setlist in the master thread. And I have the new master thread linked at the bottom of every DLC thread, so there's ample opportunity for people to check and see what the indie/alt songs are among the first and second setlists.

If Legend wants to, I guess he could use his last reserved space to tally total songs by band among the first and second setlists/DLC, giving an idea of which bands are best represented.

EDIT: also, LoR in the song tally, Wilco has 3 songs
    edited April 2011
    Coldplayer;4367089 said:
    Yup, think that's correct now. (There is an "s" missing in "2 songs" though ^^ )
    Fixed.
    Coldplayer;4367089 said:
    EDIT:
    ...but one thing... I was just thinking if we should count the bands from the first setlist and DLC as well? After all, we are not allowed to vote for them right now if they were on the first setlist or DLC which makes it like a whole platform of songs.

I mean, I don't want it to be complicated or too much unnecessary work, but if I would just see this list of songs, I would say "Damn, there is not enough Radiohead in this game! Or no Bloc Party at all!" although the first setlist plus DLC has a lot of Radiohead and Bloc Party songs. Know what I mean?

But well, it's not a big deal, so if you don't want to do the work or if you are afraid that it may become to complicated because people could ask themselves "where are all those numbers from?" (although you could write "Number of Songs per Band [First setlist and DLC included]) than I don't care much if you don't add it.

EDIT2:

Although I would be very curious to see which bands have the most songs on our "music platform". Pretty sure it's still Radiohead. xD
    The total for each band should be correct.
    Dante1847;4367112 said:
    CP, I think Legend has it fine with linking the first setlist in the master thread. And I have the new master thread linked at the bottom of every DLC thread, so there's ample opportunity for people to check and see what the indie/alt songs are among the first and second setlists.

If Legend wants to, I guess he could use his last reserved space to tally total songs by band among the first and second setlists/DLC, giving an idea of which bands are best represented.

EDIT: also, LoR in the song tally, Wilco has 3 songs
    The current totals for each band should be correct, and I'll update as each week of DLC is completed.
    edited April 2011
    Awesome work Legend! :D
    edited April 2011
    yeah, great work LoR. many thanks, as usual
    edited April 2011
    I just noticed that Oasis are on both setlists and Animal Collective had DLC for the first "game" as well, but they are not listed as bands who have 2 songs in the game?
    edited April 2011
    Coldplayer;4369504 said:
    I just noticed that Oasis are on both setlists and Animal Collective had DLC for the first "game" as well, but they are not listed as bands who have 2 songs in the game?
    It's fixed, if there's anything else that needs to be corrected, let me know.
    edited April 2011
    LegendofRock3021;4369554 said:
    It's fixed, if there's anything else that needs to be corrected, let me know.

Ok, I will. It was just something I noticed when I quickly looked through the list. Not sure if there are some more missing, but I will let you know if I notice anything else. ;)

EDIT: SSPU actually have 4 songs. One on both setlists and two as DLC. lol ^^
    edited April 2011
    Coldplayer;4369631 said:
    Ok, I will. It was just something I noticed when I quickly looked through the list. Not sure if there are some more missing, but I will let you know if I notice anything else. ;)

EDIT: SSPU actually have 4 songs. One on both setlists and two as DLC. lol ^^
    Done, I must've forgotten to count their song on the second setlist when I cross-checked both lists. Another thing I wanted to mention was if you guys want to see the genre breakdown for both setlists, that can be done as well.
    edited April 2011
    LegendofRock3021;4369636 said:
    Done, I must've forgotten to count their song on the second setlist when I cross-checked both lists. Another thing I wanted to mention was if you guys want to see the genre breakdown for both setlists, that can be done as well.

Well, of course not bad to have, but not really necessary as well. Don't think the interest in that is really high. But it's your choice. If you want to do it, do it. I don't necessarily need it though.

EDIT: Some others missing: Mogwai with 3 songs and This Will Destroy You with 2 songs. (Just noticed that because theyre two of my fav bands - I may double check the whole lists for you if I find a little bit more time)
    edited April 2011
    Darwin Deez has 5 songs
    edited May 2011
    With yesterday's voting complete, the final update is done.
    edited May 2011
    Great job LoR!

I just hope HMX takes a look at this and finally stops to release Metal, Classic Rock and Lady Gaga and starts giving us good music.