3/29 DLC Discussion - Jefferson Airplane, Santana, DragonForce, Blood, Sweat & Tears!

Comments

• Bigjoe5Bigjoe5 Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    Through the Fire and Flames is one of the Guitar Hero songs I've most wanted to see in Rock Band... and now it's here, with Pro Guitar upgrades (I generally don't bother with songs without Pro Upgrades, because when I'm playing with my friend, one of us is almost always on the Mustang, or both if his step-brother is there with his Mustang, but for this song, I might have made an exception).

This is unquestionably the happiest that a DLC announcement has ever made me.
  • MourganDespanaMourganDespana Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Malacandra;4346463 said:
    I've been wanting those Santana and Jefferson Airplane tracks since Day One. I'll be getting the pack: Fantastic!

Your sig needs changing.
  • prodrummer1prodrummer1 Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    wtf i didn't saw this coming :)

but i'm happy with it !!!!
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited March 2011
    elfreako;4346459 said:
    Spinning Wheel is a surprise. Such a surprise I'm not set on buying it or not. Completely unexpected
    I can't tell if this was sarcasm, considering it was rumored(shown in that video) to be on the RB3 setlist.
    monkeyfish;4346468 said:
    Keep in mind that Dragonforce song probably won't be nearly has hard on the 5-button mode as it was on GH3, seeing how it'll be charted right and all.
    Smash Hits was a pretty good chart for TTFAF, sorry.
  • Ridley327Ridley327 Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    Out of curiosity, does Black Magic Woman retain the Gypsy Queen outro? Some radio stations won't play it, while others will without referencing to the fact that it's technically two songs to begin with.
  • ReaverReaver Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    I'm so getting every ****ing thing next week!
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4346476 said:
    Smash Hits was a pretty good chart for TTFAF, sorry.

Good thing I mentioned the GH3 version, huh?
  • EdwardDavenporEdwardDavenpor Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    Has anyone noticed that the video that shows a preview of the songs is different than the songs mentioned?
    I don't recognize the first song, but there's "We're An American Band" and "Freeze Frame."
    Harmonix dun goof'd?
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Coolbutlame;4346469 said:
    did anyone else notice that the video advertisement was for completely different songs? the video had love will tear us apart, american band, and freeze frame on it, and i'm pretty sure none of those songs were announced this week. xD

Hehe. Looks like we'll be having an even better week next week!
  • zachman3001zachman3001 Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    EdwardDavenpor;4346479 said:
    Has anyone noticed that the video that shows a preview of the songs is different than the songs mentioned?
    I don't recognize the first song, but there's "We're An American Band" and "Freeze Frame."
    Harmonix dun goof'd?

Maybe that's the April Fools DLC :O
  • ROCKY_ROADROCKY_ROAD Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    I know Harmonix was the original creator of Guitar Hero (the first two)

But all I see is that they're trying to copy Guitar Hero 3 Legends of Rock (TTFAF being in-game track, and Operation Ground and Pound as a DLC track for certain systems, and as an in-game track for Guitar Hero 6: Warriors of Rock)

I like the idea of it being pro guitar, but I'd much rather stick to something new instead of bringing stuff that's already been in the early days of Guitar Hero.
    Do not get me wrong though, I love the idea, but if you're going to bring DragonForce, use songs that hasn't already been in a Guitar Hero or previous Rock Band Game. Both series I love to death, personally GH better since the charts are more fun to play and don't end the song instantly without some ending solo version that Guitar Hero was able to manage.

Seriously HMX, let's see some new stuff! If it's the same band, different songs! lol

But that's just me
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4346476 said:
    I can't tell if this was sarcasm, considering it was rumored(shown in that video) to be on the RB3 setlist.

Absolutely not sarcasm. What video?
  • KieferCrimsonKieferCrimson Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    'herp derp wehre's muuuse and metallica and methullll'

I can't wait to check the Facebook post for it, but I'd lie if I'd say that a post like that would surprise me.

That said. I'll get the crap out of TTFAF and destroy my vocal chords in the process. It will be entirely worth it.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited March 2011
    Pro guitar for TTFAF. The cycle is complete.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    ROCKY_ROAD;4346483 said:

But all I see is that they're trying to copy Guitar Hero 3 Legends of Rock (TTFAF being in-game track, and Operation Ground and Pound as a DLC track for certain systems, and as an in-game track for Guitar Hero 6: Warriors of Rock)

I like the idea of it being pro guitar, but I'd much rather stick to something new instead of bringing stuff that's already been in the early days of Guitar Hero.
    Do not get me wrong though, I love the idea, but if you're going to bring DragonForce, use songs that hasn't already been in a Guitar Hero or previous Rock Band Game. Both series I love to death, personally GH better since the charts are more fun to play and don't end the song instantly without some ending solo version that Guitar Hero was able to manage.

Seriously HMX, let's see some new stuff! If it's the same band, different songs! lol

But that's just me

90% of those wanting Dragonforce don't care about Dragonforce except for the songs that appeared in previous games, so. I see this aimed at those who complain there's never any "hard" songs, and now they got a Pro version of Dragonforce to pass before they can complain again. :D
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Mother****ing GRAND FUNK.

Bring it!
  • auribe14auribe14 Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    Coolbutlame;4346469 said:
    did anyone else notice that the video advertisement was for completely different songs? the video had love will tear us apart, american band, and freeze frame on it, and i'm pretty sure none of those songs were announced this week. xD

No video, now, in the announcement.
  • JasonofindyJasonofindy Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    I'll be picking up the peace pack and am eagerly awaiting the RBN track announcements.
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    As soon as I read the announcement, I grinned a wide grin and thought... "The guitar people will be happy". ;)

Definitely BMW, and I'll buy the DragonForce tracks for when I'm playing with 17 year olds that won't get arthritis trying to play them.

I'm only half joking. :D
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited March 2011
    monkeyfish;4346481 said:
    Good thing I mentioned the GH3 version, huh?
    ...How many differences can you name between them?
  • KieferCrimsonKieferCrimson Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    monkeyfish;4346492 said:
    90% of those wanting Dragonforce don't care about Dragonforce except for the songs that appeared in previous games, so. I see this aimed at those who complain there's never any "hard" songs, and now they got a Pro version of Dragonforce to pass before they can complain again. :D
    This.

Adding 'Revolution Deathsquad' later on would be pretty sweet, though.
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    I will be gettin the peace pack.
  • HairyManHairyMan Always Rock On The Bright Side Of Life
    edited March 2011
    ROCKY_ROAD;4346483 said:

But that's just me

And here is the whining and crying that I was expecting. It finally made it.
  • Darky_06Darky_06 Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    Nice. Will get both pro songs this week.
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    lol....they put up the wrong video for the pack! I guess next week it will be Freeze Frame and some other awesome songs! :)
  • TheWolf619TheWolf619 Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    Definitely will get Black Magic Woman w/Pro Guitar. No way in hell I'm touching Through The Fire And Flame. brrrrrrr gives me chills thinking about it.
  • Super BassSuper Bass Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    Wow. 3 songs from GH3 in one week. INSANE. The chart's will determine what songs I buy, once I get paid next Friday (could be a potential all-songs week). Someone posted this earlier and I was kinda wondering myself:

How long did it REALLY take to get Dragonforce and chart those songs? :eek:
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited March 2011
    You know there are other power metal bands than Dragonforce.

Also, more OLD stuff.
  • Backwards MarathonBackwards Marathon Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    Yes! Santana! God I wish it was a pack of him but will take anything from him. Will pick up peace pack.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    *reads announcement*

Santana & DragonFarce in the same week...I must be dreaming.

*reads announcement again*

No way!!!

*reads announcement for a 3rd time*

Only a Santana single instead of a deserving 6-12 pack? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.