3/29 DLC Discussion - Jefferson Airplane, Santana, DragonForce, Blood, Sweat & Tears!

Comments

• Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited March 2011
    ROCKY_ROAD;4346526 said:
    Who said I was complaining and whining?

I'm just wanting different stuff instead of copying what's already been in another game

In another game that did not have all the instruments and is no longer played.

As someone who focuses on drums and has a gf playing who loves keys, I am glad to see a lot of the popular songs from previous titles get revisited.
  • chico76chico76 Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    The 3-pack seems like a given for anyone who likes classic rock.

I'd love to get Dragonforce, but with the way RB charts the hammer-ons and pull-offs (compared to GH3), I don't see those 2 songs being much fun at all. I'd download them for sure with GH3 note window forgiveness. It's still my one complaint about Rock Band charting - it's WAY too strict on the HOPOs. I don't understand why they aren't merely touch-notes, so that even if you miss one, you don't have to restrum.
  • HairyManHairyMan Always Rock On The Bright Side Of Life
    edited March 2011
    ROCKY_ROAD;4346483 said:
    ...But all I see is that they're trying to copy Guitar Hero 3 Legends of Rock

....I like the idea of it being pro guitar, but I'd much rather stick to something new instead of bringing stuff that's already been in the early days of Guitar Hero.

...but if you're going to bring DragonForce, use songs that hasn't already been in a Guitar Hero or previous Rock Band Game.

...personally GH better since the charts are more fun to play and don't end the song instantly without some ending solo version that Guitar Hero was able to manage.

Seriously HMX, let's see some new stuff! If it's the same band, different songs! lol

But that's just me
    ROCKY_ROAD;4346526 said:
    Who said I was complaining and whining?

I'm just wanting different stuff instead of copying what's already been in another game

I said you were whining, and from what I quoted above, you were.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Looking forward to the Peace Pack, as well as the songs they seem to have leaked in their video whenever those come out. :)
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited March 2011
    ROCKY_ROAD;4346526 said:

I like getting songs from the other games because I don't play the others. GH has had quite a few songs that I like and I'm looking forward to having them all in RB.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited March 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4346503 said:
    ...How many differences can you name between them?
    The intro was all taps in Smash...that's one that I can think of ;)
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited March 2011
    In all honesty I'm pretty happy about DragonForce. My whining for 00s music and fun guitar has been quelled in one fell swoop. Woohoo!
  • MourganDespanaMourganDespana Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Toressa;4346561 said:
    Can anyone confirm if it is going to be the edited 5 minute version of TTFaF or if it is going to be the full 8+ minute of epicness?

It has to be the album version...

The backlash would be too much.
  • ToressaToressa Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    Can anyone confirm if it is going to be the edited 5 minute version of TTFaF or if it is going to be the full 8+ minute of epicness?
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    I enjoy DragonForce - I know I'll have to play them on a lower difficulty but hey.

Of course the 3 pack is a must. I love all those songs.

Great week with nice variety.
  • fcmleftyfcmlefty Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    chico76;4346538 said:
    The 3-pack seems like a given for anyone who likes classic rock.

I'd love to get Dragonforce, but with the way RB charts the hammer-ons and pull-offs (compared to GH3), I don't see those 2 songs being much fun at all. I'd download them for sure with GH3 note window forgiveness. It's still my one complaint about Rock Band charting - it's WAY too strict on the HOPOs. I don't understand why they aren't merely touch-notes, so that even if you miss one, you don't have to restrum.

I simply have to disagree with your assessment. Requiring accuracy is never a bad thing - in any video game of any genre.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited March 2011
    Coolbutlame;4346469 said:
    did anyone else notice that the video advertisement was for completely different songs? the video had love will tear us apart, american band, and freeze frame on it, and i'm pretty sure none of those songs were announced this week. xD
    Which video advertisement?
  • edited March 2011
    samjjones;4346416 said:
    This week proves that I have a wildly different definition for "legen....wait for it" than Der_Lex.

That was actually a reference to the fact that this week offers several tracks that were in GH3: Legends of Rock.

Although I'd still consider the artists in the peace pack legendary artists otherwise, to be honest.

As for the 'no stuff that's already in another game' crowd: Why should HMX care about whether content that's new to the RB platform is already in another game? Especially when these version will offer instruments and modes that have never been in another game. I for one am really looking forward to finally being able to play the keys and drums on the original version of Black Magic Woman.
  • JonnySegmentJonnySegment Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    Am I right in saying the DragonForce guitarist can't even play the guitar part in TTFaF? I know they make extensive use of computers and I saw a video of them playing live once and... well, it wasn't pretty. Not knocking the music, just saying that Pro mode on guitar will be hard, in case you hadn't realised :)

I would never listen to DragonForce outside of Rock Band, but I will probably get their songs next week because they'll be fun to play (this is one of the reasons Rock Band rocks). I'll definitely get Black Magic Woman. I'll have to assess the other two once I've seen the charts (not sure I've even heard the Blood, Sweat and Tears song).

Pretty good week! Any week where I'm definitely buying multiple tracks is good, and that's been most weeks since RB3's release! Long may it continue!
  • RM-225RM-225 Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    Congratulations to Blood, Sweat & Tears and Santana for making it to Rock Band.

Also, congratulations DragonForce. image (Insert maniacal laughter.) image
  • Happy DragonHappy Dragon Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    BevoTheWarrior;4346555 said:
    I like getting songs from the other games because I don't play the others. GH has had quite a few songs that I like and I'm looking forward to having them all in RB.

Pretty much this here.

Was very happy when songs like ""Freebird" and "In the Meantime" made their way over to RB and am looking forward to others coming as well.
  • MachEnergyMachEnergy Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    Through the Fire and Flames......pro?? I'm still playing Easy/Medium, so I'll be able to play this song in like......5 years? :D

I'm curious if the Squire's pickups are even good enough for the amount of tapping needed to play this song properly.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Is it bad that ever since Dragonforce was put into GH3, I hated them....

And now that they're no longer only associated with GH, I actually sort of... kind of... really like them? :o
  • JonnySegmentJonnySegment Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    Der_Lex;4346569 said:
    I for one am really looking forward to finally being able to play the keys and drums on the original version of Black Magic Woman.

The original cover version :p Fleetwood Mac did the original original. But I agree with what you're saying :)
  • AshtrayHeartAshtrayHeart Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    Dragonforce? :/

Oh well, I guess it was obligatory.
  • BrainWavBrainWav Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    Sweet week.

Dragonforce is a definite for me, and the other three are tempting. No way I'll be able to actually play the DF songs at a good level, but I still expect some fun.
  • edited March 2011
    JonnySegment;4346578 said:
    The original cover version :p Fleetwood Mac did the original original. But I agree with what you're saying :)

Fair enough, I should've gone for 'Santana's original cover version', but that would just have been convoluted. ;)
  • WolfsbaneWolfsbane Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    OMFG that's is so EPic! My nephew gonna be so excited to try Dragonforce for real. He'll have to wait his turn of course lol
  • JormJorm Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Days of Peace pack fo' me!

Awesome stuff.
  • UltraceUltrace Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Ooo, this is an interesting conundrum. Operation Ground and Pound is my favorite Dragonforce song, but pretty much the only thing I could ever hope to do well on is vocals. The classic 3-pack sounds excellent, although I've never actually heard Spinning Wheel. The Black Magic Woman pro chart is going to be an inevitable pickup. Good week overall.
  • dinomandinoman Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    nice :) looking forward to it all
  • FatWilmaFatWilma Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    FINally Black Magic Woman is coming to RB!!! I've been waiting for that forever! Now we just need a Santana 3-12 pack :)
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited March 2011
    Okay, it was only one song instead of an entire pack, but holy cow, my dream came true!!
    It's becoming tradition for me to predict '90s, since that's by far the most underrepresented decade in all of RB3's DLC library.

But instead I'll go with an even more logical prediction: something I saw in a dream this week:

Santana Pack 01:

Evil Ways
    Black Magic Woman (X)
    Oye Como Va
    Everybody's Everything
    Winning (dedicated to Charlie Sheen)
    Smooth (featuring Rob Thomas) (X)
    And hey, I was one for two with the pro guitar upgrades!

Oh, and this is an excellent week even without a full Santana pack. Definitely picking up the three classic tunes, and I'll give the rest a listen. Awesome to see Blood Sweat and Tears finally arrive!
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited March 2011
    Those keyboards sound quite challenging on the Dragonforce songs.
  • BruceDickinsonBruceDickinson Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Thanks for the pack HMX, good stuff!
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    Getting the Peace Pack...maybe one of the Dragonforce songs.