The totally not rock US government

lithiumkclithiumkc Rising Star
edited July 2007 in Less Rokk More Talk
http://go.fark.com/cgi/fark/go.pl?i=2959777&l=http://wcbstv.com/topstories/topstories_story_207212230.html

I don't know how many of you follow the news about Iraq or what have you, but this is pretty sad. If any of you remember Jessica Lynch and how they made her out to have been 'rescued' under heavy enemy resistance.. which turned out to be a completely BS story like a lot of the propaganda that they're shooting out, this is just another disgusting example of the US governments population control.

In this case, Tillman was said to have been killed by enemy fire while defending his squad in a firefight. They made him into a hero in the media. Now the medical examiners are confirming he was killed by 3 rounds to the head less than 30 feet away, with NO evidence of any enemy fire in the area at all. He was fragged by somebody in his unit.

Why, then, does the US Government feel the need to propagate such stories? Why CREATE heroes under circumstances that were very unheroic? The government is lying to you on a very regular basis, but by the time the truth comes out as in this case, the story is already completely out of the public eye and nobody hears about it.

I don't understand how some people are falling for it. They are inventing heroes out of horrible situations, so they don't have black marks on their already shameful war. Vietnam #2

Thoughts? Other stories you've heard?

Comments

• beermanbeerman Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    lithiumkc;24513 said:
    http://go.fark.com/cgi/fark/go.pl?i=2959777&l=http://wcbstv.com/topstories/topstories_story_207212230.html

Why, then, does the US Government feel the need to propagate such stories? Why CREATE heroes under circumstances that were very unheroic?
    That's an easy question. It's an unpopular war and they need to make the public feel warm and fuzzy any opportunity they can get. It was basically the basis of "Flags of Our Fathers"; how a war story gets blown out of proportion and the government spins it for their own needs. That's why I don't watch tv. Ever.
  • IbanezBassist_v2IbanezBassist_v2 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    lithiumkc;24513 said:

The government is lying to you on a very regular basis, but by the time the truth comes out as in this case, the story is already completely out of the public eye and nobody hears about it.

Thoughts? Other stories you've heard?
    Dude, you are just now figuring this out! The American government has been lying for a long, long time! Way before we were even thought of. This is not news or new for that matter. Lets face it, we will always have a government that will lie and cover up anything to make themselves come out smelling like a rose. But on the same token you could live somewhere with no government or one that is even more crooked than ours.
  • lithiumkclithiumkc Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    IbanezBassist_v2;24523 said:
    Dude, you are just now figuring this out! The American government has been lying for a long, long time! Way before we were even thought of. This is not news or new for that matter. Lets face it, we will always have a government that will lie and cover up anything to make themselves come out smelling like a rose. But on the same token you could live somewhere with no government or one that is even more crooked than ours.
    Oh trust me i've been well aware of the propaganda for a long time. This is just another story that's going to fly under the radar because the truth is 3 years later. Governments lie, that's a constant truth, and that is unacceptable. But THIS kind of lying is completely disgusting. Its not good enough to say 'Oh well they lie all the time, just forget about it'. When this happens, it has to be exposed. The news media is the 4th branch of the government in the states.

I worry about my generations future, a lot.
  • -Xyfa--Xyfa- Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    The government does lie to you through everything and corrupts the minds of everyone, but what has this got to do with rock band?

kind of wrong place to discuss this issue
    edited July 2007
    -Xyfa-;24526 said:
    The government does lie to you through everything and corrupts the minds of everyone, but what has this got to do with rock band?

kind of wrong place to discuss this issue
    General forum. Perfect place to discuss anything.
    edited July 2007
  • -Xyfa--Xyfa- Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    IbanezBassist_v2;24530 said:
    Danzig is a puss.
    I know i really hate him but its like the only picture i have that the site would take, i need a new one =P
    edited July 2007
    Taken from a discussion board on the subject
    Form124 2007-07-27 06:42:54 AM
    wxgeek: I'm a little scared thinking about the stuff we -don't- know.

You sheeple really don't want to know.

The ACLU has done a FOIA request on the whole US Army about this kind of thing.

You will know soon enough.

It sucks. Friendly fire cover ups are a daily occurance.

/I see it
    /It's part of my job

Form124 2007-07-27 06:42:54 AM
    I really mean it when I say that sometimes it is better not to know what is going on.
    I don't even like to see it and thats what I get paid for.
    Thats disturbing. This one slipped through the cracks and the story got out there, but the knowledge that it's happening on a regular basis like this guy can confirm... And nothing is being said about it.. Thats horrible. The truth needs to come out
    edited July 2007
    And believe me, I am well aware of dishonesty when it comes to governments. Its an inevitable truth. But dudes, this particular government is so ****ing snarky it makes me sick. These are evil, evil men.
    edited July 2007
    And ultimately it is we that put them there.
    edited July 2007
    IbanezBassist_v2;24536 said:
    And ultimately it is we that put them there.
    If you in fact believe that they won the first election fair and square. Which is altogether another huge deception in itself imo.

I wonder how completely different the world would be today if Gore had rightfully been put into office.
    edited July 2007
    The world wouldn't be any different. Maybe our country, but not the world. Thing is, IMO, that Bush did a good thing by defending our country. Did he do it fashionable or even invade the right country, who knows (except him and his advisors). Unfortunately Bush doesn't make all the decisions and he is a pawn. He makes the decisions, but he doesn't come up with the plans. I blame him for his lack of common sense, but his advisors are the ones that led him and us to believe that going to war with Iraq would be the right course of action.
    edited July 2007
    IbanezBassist_v2;24548 said:
    The world wouldn't be any different. Maybe our country, but not the world. Thing is, IMO, that Bush did a good thing by defending our country. Did he do it fashionable or even invade the right country, who knows (except him and his advisors). Unfortunately Bush doesn't make all the decisions and he is a pawn. He makes the decisions, but he doesn't come up with the plans. I blame him for his lack of common sense, but his advisors are the ones that led him and us to believe that going to war with Iraq would be the right course of action.
    I disagree with that opinion. There are a helllll of a lot of new processes and security measures in place simply due to the US government (And britain, but they didn't initiate it so much). Maybe not the entire world, but most industrialized countries like mine, yours, and in europe would be far different than they are today.

Bush may be a pawn, but Gore sure as hell wouldn't have been. And bush does have common sense. He is knowingly a contributor to everything going on, and he had the power to do whatever he wanted. He chose to go with daddys war. He knew full well that the war was unjust before he went in there, period.
    edited July 2007
    lithiumkc;24552 said:

Bush may be a pawn, but Gore sure as hell wouldn't have been. And bush does have common sense. He is knowingly a contributor to everything going on, and he had the power to do whatever he wanted. He chose to go with daddy's war. He knew full well that the war was unjust before he went in there, period.
    Ehh. I imagine that Gore would have done the same thing Clinton did. FOR GOD SAKES! We were "attacked" several times and nothing was ever done. No repercussion, no consequence. NADA! Remember when the USS Cole was attacked. Nothing done! Remember when the WTC was bombed before it was destroyed. Nothing.

This is an argument that can't be won on either side. Opinions and ideals are far too different and a conclusion never really develops.
    edited July 2007
    IbanezBassist_v2;24557 said:
    Ehh. I imagine that Gore would have done the same thing Clinton did. FOR GOD SAKES! We were "attacked" several times and nothing was ever done. No repercussion, no consequence. NADA! Remember when the USS Cole was attacked. Nothing done! Remember when the WTC was bombed before it was destroyed. Nothing.

This is an argument that can't be won on either side. Opinions and ideals are far too different and a conclusion never really develops.
    I agree, it's pure speculation to say anything regarding if gore got in office.. but.. I strongly believe it would be a lot different in north america today. The republicans view on how to run the country (and the world, as it is a fact that you guys have the most say) is far different than the dems. It's almost impossible to think it would be like this just judging by the sheer number of contrasting opinions of each party.

And then theres the 9/11 conspiracy theories.. while they may not have done it themselves, theres a good chance they could have let it happen.. Ever hear about that CIA operative who told the organization not once, not twice, not even ten times, but 70 TIMES that they were planning something before it happened. And he was ignored every time. This is a documented fact.
    edited July 2007
    lithiumkc;24560 said:
    Ever hear about that CIA operative who told the organization not once, not twice, not even ten times, but 70 TIMES that they were planning something before it happened. And he was ignored every time. This is a documented fact.
    Thats not conspiracy, thats stupidity. Our government believes (or did) believe that we as a country are impenetrable. I guess those terrorist showed them.:(
    edited July 2007
    IbanezBassist_v2;24563 said:
    Thats not conspiracy, thats stupidity. Our government believes (or did) believe that we as a country are impenetrable. I guess those terrorist showed them.:(
    Its not outright stupidity. Some of the claims that there were missiles and bs like that are stupidity. But 70 times man? Youre telling me that if somebody came to you 70 times telling you that your house was going to be lit on fire next week, and every time you just flipped the bird to him and then it happened anyways, that theres nothing wrong with that?

That is at the very least gross negligence. To not even look into it at all. Either gross negligence or they knew something he didn't. And either way it means that it did not have to happen that way.

Remember that conspiracy theories about missiles and **** are all speculation, but this specific point is FACT. 70 times.
    edited July 2007
    lithiumkc;24567 said:
    Its not outright stupidity. Some of the claims that there were missiles and bs like that are stupidity. But 70 times man? Youre telling me that if somebody came to you 70 times telling you that your house was going to be lit on fire next week, and every time you just flipped the bird to him and then it happened anyways, that theres nothing wrong with that?
    I'm simply saying it was stupidity on our govenments part to not take heed of the warnings being given....
  • BoWeevilBoWeevil Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    You vote new people into office and before you
    know it they turn out be clones of the ones
    you just voted out.:(
  • newwaytodienewwaytodie Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    You don't really have anything to worry about Lithium. Seeing as how you're safe up there in Canada.
  • DIEGOROBOT26DIEGOROBOT26 Banned
    edited July 2007
    Politics and the government interest me as much has prison rape, let's forget about this and move to Cuba. Easy solution there.
  • Phrank-EPhrank-E Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    The truth is out there lithium... Watch Lil Bush on Comedy Central

Rah rah rahh!