That Authoring Group is looking to sponsor a playtester!

ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
edited April 2011 in The Rock Band Network
If you think you've got what it takes to review and test songs over behind the curtain at creators then here's your chance to prove it!

We're looking for a dedicated tester who is able to test at least 10 tracks a week. What you'll be doing is each week there is a test and review thread and ten participants sign up. You'll be in charge of testing or reviewing 1 track from each of the authors that signup in the thread, and in return they'll test our(TAG) tracks in testing/review.

You'll also be able to test/play all of the TAG tracks before they are released, as well as have access to the rest of the songs in testing review to test and play as much as you like.

So if you think you can handle the rigors of 10 tracks a week then throw your name in the hat here. We'll send you a video of a track in progress, you let us know your thoughts on what needs fixed, and the best review/test out of the batch wins a free XNA subscription!

Simple as that, and good luck to everyone that signs up (believe me if we could we'd host ten playtesters because we need them ;), but let's see how one goes first ;)

Comments

• BeebBeeb Banned
    edited March 2011
    HELLO MY ENGLISH VERY GOOD I PLAY TEST FOR YOUR GUITAR BAND SONGS.

Just kidding, my English is pretty good, being British and all. Sign me up, son.
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    I would love to help but right now I barely have time to play 1 hour a day as it is. I could ask around for you.
  • xizorkatarnxizorkatarn Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    I'll gladly throw my hat into the ring. How long does reviewing 10 tracks a week normally take? I definitely play more than 10 tracks a week on Rock Band, if not in a day haha.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    I don't mean to toot my own horn here, but I would probably make for a pretty damn good tester.

However, since I'm:

1.) VERY lazy
    2.) About to start driving school, college, etc.

There's no way. Sorry! Though, I'll definitely ask around.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited March 2011
    xizorkatarn;4352075 said:
    I'll gladly throw my hat into the ring. How long does reviewing 10 tracks a week normally take? I definitely play more than 10 tracks a week on Rock Band, if not in a day haha.

To give a track a thorough review it'll take about an hour.

You have to check out every instrument on every difficulty to make sure something isn't broken.

So you're probably looking at about 10 hours a week (give or take).
  • TerminXTerminX Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    Well hey. was just thinking earlier about how much I wish I could be in there to speed up the playtesting process.

Sign me up, bro. I'd be happy to help c:
    edited March 2011
    [I would just edit my post above, but it won't save my changes for some reason. >_>]

I won't be able to do Pro Keys, though, seeing as I don't have a keyboard. That isn't a dealbreaker, is it?
  • CelelesCeleles Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    Hey dude(s)! I would officially absolutely love to throw my hat in for this position! I would absolutely love to work as a chart tester, I have a good amount of experience on all instruments, a decent musical ear from an experienced musical background, a good grasp on basic music theory, as well as a good amount of free time, and actually have a moderate background in charting from back in the day of Gh2 customs (feedback, etc.). Be sure to shoot the testing material my way and I'll take my best stab at it! Thanks!
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited March 2011
    OK everybody! Drop me an email at [email]nlarimer@gmail.com[/email] and I'll send you links to the video and you can send me your playtester comments on the video.

Good luck everyone! (and if more people pop in here feel free to send me an email as well).
  • Odin ForceOdin Force Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Makes me jealous and wishing I was on X-Box. What an awesome opportunity. Best of luck to whomever receives this honor.

Keep up the good work!
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    I used to do 6 tracks every friday, but it ended up getting pretty tedious. There's a lot of pressure on you to find mistakes in tracks, and you want to do a good job reading those charts. Actually, it was Noble's frequent threads where he'd poll a list of songs/artists every week and kind of usher us to get on it that got me into doing it as much as I had done. It's also a good way to hear new music and expand your taste. There wasn't a single song I playtested that I didn't like. Naturally, you also need to go in it with the mindset that you aren't rating the song on whether you like it or not, but whether the chart looks appropriate or not.

I approve of this thread. I don't want in on the reward, but I want the prospective winner of this to know that this is a good gig.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2011
    Good luck everyone, hopefully a good tester will make it in.

I have not been able to do any testing since RBN 2.0 because my internet connection is out at home and not likely to be on any time soon since I need to save my money for moving to Boston this Summer.
  • Edify1Edify1 Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    Sent you an e-mail. This sounds like a great opportunity and a lot of fun.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4352112 said:
    To give a track a thorough review it'll take about an hour.

You have to check out every instrument on every difficulty to make sure something isn't broken.

So you're probably looking at about 10 hours a week (give or take).
    A thorough review should take more than an hour. If you have a five minute song, you need to play it four times each on vocals, guitar, bass, pro drums, keyboard, and pro keyboard. That's two hours, not counting the time to download it and synch it to your Xbox, which takes me about ten minutes. Also, some songs are longer than five minutes.
    edited March 2011
    NoThru22;4353102 said:
    A thorough review should take more than an hour. If you have a five minute song, you need to play it four times each on vocals, guitar, bass, pro drums, keyboard, and pro keyboard. That's two hours, not counting the time to download it and synch it to your Xbox, which takes me about ten minutes. Also, some songs are longer than five minutes.

Wow. Now I see why this phase moves so slowly.. :v
  • whiteboyguswhiteboygus Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    I sent you guys an e-mail. It would be awesome to be a part of expanding the RBN library.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    TerminX;4353507 said:
    Wow. Now I see why this phase moves so slowly.. :v
    You can cut out a little time by only playing vocals on expert because the game automatically takes care of the reductions in difficulty. :D
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    NoThru22;4354423 said:
    You can cut out a little time by only playing vocals on expert because the game automatically takes care of the reductions in difficulty. :D
    Don't forget that to test things properly, you'll probably need to be rewinding/restarting/changing difficulty mid-song. Only the simplest charts will require a single run-through of the song to properly test them.
  • jncselljncsell Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    Does one need to be able to regularly FC everything on every instrument to be qualified for testing?
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    jncsell;4354944 said:
    Does one need to be able to regularly FC everything on every instrument to be qualified for testing?

No, you just need to be able to tell if the track is not rythmically acurate
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    jncsell;4354944 said:

Nope. I can't regularly FC much of anything on drums, and I'm an AUTHOR! You just need to know the authoring rules and what to look out for. That's detailed in the docs.

It's something you get used to after some time.