Where did RBN go on PSN

Metal_NinjaMetal_Ninja Opening Act
edited April 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Hey,
Realize I may be the last to the party, but I haven't seen any new RBN songs on PSN lately. What gives? This a good sign or a bad one?

\m/

Comments

• Odin ForceOdin Force Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Its transitioning to RBN 2.0, which will add Pro Keys and Harmonies to songs. :)

However, I think there were supposed to be a few more songs. Don't expect a whole lot until about mid to late April.
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    Although Harmonix have said they will make up missed weeks by releasing more at once, i.e. no songs one week and 10 songs the next.
  • LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    I don't get it.
    What is this transition all about? Waiting for enough RBN 2.0 content? Waiting for one month since the release of the first RBN2.0 song (15th March)? There are at least 15 songs I'd like to buy off RBN1.0.. :(
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited April 2011
    This question gets asked a lot... HMX really need to bring back the old RB2 message of the day updates. Instead of three extremly dull and predictable messages to cycle through on the main screen they could actually let people know about things like this as im pretty sure the vast majority of the PS3 players or the 360/wii players too for that matter do not visit this forum as awesome as it is.
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    LunaticSoul;4353895 said:
    I don't get it.
    What is this transition all about? Waiting for enough RBN 2.0 content? Waiting for one month since the release of the first RBN2.0 song (15th March)? There are at least 15 songs I'd like to buy off RBN1.0.. :(

As far as I know there are technical things to be worked out, as there always are. Apparently they will continue releasing RBN1.0 songs until RBN2.0 has a big enough library to become viable, then they will switch over to that. I'm not entirely sure if switching over will mean no more new RBN1.0 tracks on the PS3 though.
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited April 2011
    Oscarvarium;4353912 said:
    As far as I know there are technical things to be worked out, as there always are. Apparently they will continue releasing RBN1.0 songs until RBN2.0 has a big enough library to become viable, then they will switch over to that. I'm not entirely sure if switching over will mean no more new RBN1.0 tracks on the PS3 though.

I think that was what was indicated in the podcast... when the run RBN songs over to PS3 again after a break they will be releasing bigger amount of RBN1.0 songs per week to catch up on the number of songs they would have got anyway at five a week. Then when theyve got a significant number of RBN2.0 songs to go which they consider high enough in standard as well as quantity they will release RBN2.0 songs at the general five songs per week leaving behind whats left of RBN1.0 songs.

They wont be mixing them up neither so no weeks with a mix of RBN1.0 and RBN2.0 songs... its one or the other before being only the latter.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited April 2011
    we SHOULD be getting RBN1.0 songs still though... they are just losing sales revenue and will shut down PSN RBN now because it don't "sell enough"...
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Good, then. One less thing to complain about!
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited April 2011
    Santa Claustrophobia;4354159 said:
    Good, then. One less thing to complain about!

Oh good comeback..Xboxers complain MORE than us.. especially about weekly DLC when they have an entire RBN catalog.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Skode;4353909 said:
    This question gets asked a lot... HMX really need to bring back the old RB2 message of the day updates. Instead of three extremly dull and predictable messages to cycle through on the main screen they could actually let people know about things like this as im pretty sure the vast majority of the PS3 players or the 360/wii players too for that matter do not visit this forum as awesome as it is.

Its better than the Message of The Day that the PS3 never had