Pokemon Fan Club

TheRollingBonesTheRollingBones Headliner
edited November 2013 in Less Rokk More Talk
I recall a Pokemon thread from a long time ago that died. Anywho, judging from some of the sigs and avatars around here, I must not be the only one on here who likes Pokemon. Come here for strategy, discussion, trading, battling, etc.

Anywho, I've been playing Black for the last while, and I'm at Victory Road now, but I just wanted to be sure I'd be alright for the Elite 4. Here's my party right now. Let me know if I'm good or not.

Emboar Lv. 50
Zebstrika Lv. 43
Basculin Lv. 42
Boldore Lv. 42 (soon to evolve)
Gurdurr Lv. 41 (soon to evolve)
Stoutland Lv. 41

Also, I'm training a Litwick. It's lv. 39, and evolves at 41, then again with a dusk stone.

Am I good, or do I need other ones?

Comments

• edited April 2011
    trade Basculin for Jellicent and then you will have a ghost and you don't need Chandelure because you already would have ghost and you already have fire. And then get something for the fighting. Solosis's final form is pretty cool (can't think of the name right now)
  • Kenny-BandKenny-Band Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4354379 said:
    Solosis's final form is pretty cool (can't think of the name right now)

It's Reuniclus, and yes, yes it is.

Speed's horrible though.
  • McNoobMcNoob Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    My favorite Black/White pokemon is the T-Rex (Krokodoc or something like that?). And then he's even cooler if equipped with the blackglasses.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited April 2011
    Kenny-Band;4354407 said:
    It's Reuniclus, and yes, yes it is.

Speed's horrible though.
    Which is why you give it Trick Room.

Anyways, got White on release, beat it the next day, 646 caught Dex on March 26th. Chipping away at some 100's(starter, and EV trained Swampert/Infernape), got a foreign Ditto, working on a Chatot shiny.
    My favorite Black/White pokemon is the T-Rex (Krokodoc or something like that?). And then he's even cooler if equipped with the blackglasses.
    If by T-rex, you mean CROCODILE, hence the name Krookodile.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited April 2011
    I already beat the game, never really had much interest since then but here's my team:

Serperior Lv65
    Seismitoad Lv63
    Durant Lv65
    Eelektross Lv62
    Scrafty Lv63
    Zweilous Lv62 (2 more levels...)

Scrafty and Cofagrigus are interchangable. The Hydreigon line is mostly new to my team.

I've also been trying to get into EV training, but it's extremely tedious.
    edited April 2011
    But Krookodile definitely looks like a dinosaur... with sunglasses (at least in the anime).
    edited April 2011
    He also looks like a dinosaur!
    edited April 2011
    FlyGuyLXI;4355433 said:
    I've also been trying to get into EV training, but it's extremely tedious.
    It's not SO bad. Just get Power Items and Pokerus, and you'll be getting 10/12EVs per kill.
  • TheRollingBonesTheRollingBones Headliner
    edited April 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4354379 said:
    trade Basculin for Jellicent and then you will have a ghost and you don't need Chandelure because you already would have ghost and you already have fire. And then get something for the fighting. Solosis's final form is pretty cool (can't think of the name right now)

Nah, I'm keeping Chandelure. Mostly for his looks, cuz he's one of my favorites from this gen. But his Spec. Attack is really awesome too. I'm thinking of switching Boldore out for Archeops though. Then I'll still have a rock type, but I'll have something to take on the fighters with. I still might switch Basculin out, but he's pretty decent. Only a single type, though.

I want Reuniclus, but he's exclusive to White, and I'm playing Black. I'll get one of my friends to trade it to me.
    edited April 2011
    The GTS are surprisingly willing to give away the Reuniclus family for the Gothitelle family. That's how I got mine.

Provided you have wi-fi of course.
    edited April 2011
    FlyGuyLXI;4355736 said:
    The GTS are surprisingly willing to give away the Reuniclus family for the Gothitelle family. That's how I got mine.

Provided you have wi-fi of course.

Yeah, I should check that out. I haven't actually used the GTS in this game yet. :/
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited April 2011
    beatlesfan99;4353671 said:
    So, heard you like Mudkips...

It doesn't work unless you do the proper computer-illiterate version:

i herd u liek mudkips

Honestly, I know crap-ola about Pokemon other than catching a few toons that my son was watching, but my 9-year old is absolutely addicted to all things Poke. He's currently juggling back and forth between SoulSilver and some older Mystery Dungeon and Diamond games, and he's pestering the hell out of me for Black & White. Any Poke-fans think B&W is worth it for DS....?
  • edited April 2011
    cherokeesam;4355808 said:
    It doesn't work unless you do the proper computer-illiterate version:

i herd u liek mudkips

Honestly, I know crap-ola about Pokemon other than catching a few toons that my son was watching, but my 9-year old is absolutely addicted to all things Poke. He's currently juggling back and forth between SoulSilver and some older Mystery Dungeon and Diamond games, and he's pestering the hell out of me for Black & White. Any Poke-fans think B&W is worth it for DS....?
    I think Amazon had them on sale for $25 earlier. The sale might still be going on actually.

Edit: It was the gold box deal of the day and its sold out.
  • RHCPgroupie42RHCPgroupie42 Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    DRAGONITE! nothing will ever beat my lvl 100 "Chubs" in blue
    edited April 2011
    TheRollingBones;4355718 said:
    Nah, I'm keeping Chandelure. Mostly for his looks, cuz he's one of my favorites from this gen. But his Spec. Attack is really awesome too.
    Highest non-legendary Special Attack, yeah.
    I'm thinking of switching Boldore out for Archeops though. Then I'll still have a rock type, but I'll have something to take on the fighters with.
    Archeops has Defeatist, though.
    FlyGuyLXI;4355736 said:
    The GTS are surprisingly willing to give away the Reuniclus family for the Gothitelle family.
    Sure, if you ask rather than search. Search is 90% 'I want a level 9 or under Zekrom'.
  • bubblegumpopbubblegumpop Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    I bought white a while back and played it for 2 hours and never touched it since. I'll eventually pick it up again...I'm more about the trading card game now, especially with all the higher tournaments happening pretty dang soon. Just went to a states tourny with 155 people attending...nice to be around all those poke people!
    edited April 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4355934 said:

Archeops has Defeatist, though.

Sure, if you ask rather than search. Search is 90% 'I want a level 9 or under Zekrom'.

Yeah, it's annoying, but it's like Slaking. They're both still strong enough to make the dumb ability worth it.

And thanks for the GTS tip. I searched and everyone was asking for Reshiram, Victini, or a starter in exchange for a Solosis. .__.
    bubblegumpop;4355973 said:
    I bought white a while back and played it for 2 hours and never touched it since. I'll eventually pick it up again...I'm more about the trading card game now, especially with all the higher tournaments happening pretty dang soon. Just went to a states tourny with 155 people attending...nice to be around all those poke people!

NEEEEERRD!!! :p
    edited April 2011
    TheRollingBones;4356443 said:
    And thanks for the GTS tip. I searched and everyone was asking for Reshiram, Victini, or a starter in exchange for a Solosis. .__.
    Told you. If you need one, I can get you one.
    edited April 2011
    TheRollingBones;4356443 said:

Then ask for one. Put up a Gothita and ask for a Solosis.

It works, trust me.
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, I'll give it a shot in a bit.
    OK, here's my party I'll be doing the elite 4 with, once I level up a little more. I'm thinking at least mid 50's for all of them.

Emboar (lv. 53) (fire, fighting)
    Flamethrower
    Brick Break
    Fire Blast
    Flame Charge

Zebstrika (lv. 46) (electric)
    Discharge
    Thunder Wave
    Spark
    Shock Wave

Krookodile (lv. 45) (dark, ground)
    Foul Play
    Dig
    Crunch
    Sludge Bomb

Basculin (lv. 44) (water)
    Surf
    Crunch
    Aqua Tail
    Scald

Chandelure (fire, ghost) (lv. 44)
    Flame Burst
    Fire Blast
    Shadow Ball
    Hex

Archeops (rock, flying) (lv. 40)
    Crunch
    Dragon Claw
    Fly
    Rock Tomb

While we're at it, is there any better place to train at this point than Victory Road with a lucky egg?
    edited April 2011
    Yes. Route 10 with a Lucky Egg. Bike back and forth in front of the initial patch of grass, and when you see a shaky patch, go into it. 80% of the time, it'll be Audino, who is the Chansey of Unova. It's incredibly simple to beat and will dole out literal thousands of EXP Points per kill.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited April 2011
    I always just use the Elite Four to train for the Elite Four. Nothing else gives you nearly as much EXP
  • princessjessa13princessjessa13 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    I dug out my SoulSilver again the other day. I never got around to beating Red cuz his Pokemon are just too d*mn strong! I went on an epic walk last night for 2 hours levelling up my Pokemon using the PokeWalker. I love that thing so much xD
    edited April 2011
    TheRollingBones;4356482 said:

Emboar (lv. 53) (fire, fighting)
    Flamethrower
    Brick Break
    Fire Blast
    Flame Charge

Zebstrika (lv. 46) (electric)
    Discharge
    Thunder Wave
    Spark
    Shock Wave

Krookodile (lv. 45) (dark, ground)
    Foul Play
    Dig
    Crunch
    Sludge Bomb

Basculin (lv. 44) (water)
    Surf
    Crunch
    Aqua Tail
    Scald

Chandelure (fire, ghost) (lv. 44)
    Flame Burst
    Fire Blast
    Shadow Ball
    Hex

Archeops (rock, flying) (lv. 40)
    Crunch
    Dragon Claw
    Fly
    Rock Tomb

Not a lot of type coverage, and you are going to have extreme trouble with Gthesis. His Hydreigon will resist much of your team.
    edited April 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4356518 said:
    Yes. Route 10 with a Lucky Egg. Bike back and forth in front of the initial patch of grass, and when you see a shaky patch, go into it. 80% of the time, it'll be Audino, who is the Chansey of Unova. It's incredibly simple to beat and will dole out literal thousands of EXP Points per kill.

Hmm, I'd been doing that before. I guess I'll keep up with that.
    edited April 2011
    princessjessa13;4356555 said:
    I dug out my SoulSilver again the other day. I never got around to beating Red cuz his Pokemon are just too d*mn strong! I went on an epic walk last night for 2 hours levelling up my Pokemon using the PokeWalker. I love that thing so much xD
    Hope you know it can only go up one level.
    FlyGuyLXI;4356568 said:
    Not a lot of type coverage, and you are going to have extreme trouble with Gthesis. His Hydreigon will resist much of your team.
    Brick Break and Dragon Claw will SE and deal with it pretty well.

Though I'd recommend better movesets. Emboar doesn't need three Fire attacks, let alone two that go off his poor Special Attack.
    TheRollingBones;4356616 said:
    Hmm, I'd been doing that before. I guess I'll keep up with that.
    After the E4, you can find Audino from 47-55, and a few trainers that have a 65.
  • edited April 2011
    I finally caught Tornadus (sp?) so if anyone has a Thundorus (sp?) that i can borrow so i can catch Landorus (sp?) i would give it back and give my Tornadus so you can get Landorus for yourself.
    edited April 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4356636 said:

Though I'd recommend better movesets. Emboar doesn't need three Fire attacks, let alone two that go off his poor Special Attack.

Yeah, I know, but that's the best I've got, in way of learned attacks/tms. If you can recommend any better fire/fighting tms I can get ahold of at this point, it'd be cool.