Pokemon Fan Club

Comments

• jacob42jacob42 Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    TheRollingBones;4357314 said:
    Hmm, the only rock tm I have is rock smash, I believe. I'd like to know that, even for Archeops, as that's the only rock move he has.

Emboar can learn scald? That's odd... it's a water type. :/
    I might teach it, but like you said, it doesn't have awesome speed.

I'm pretty sure rock smash is fighting type, so it probably won't be much help.
    Also, I think Emboar can learn scald because scald is boiling water, which requires fire.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited April 2011
    Pretty sure Emboar can learn Stone Edge, but you can't get the TM until after the E4.
  • Kenny-BandKenny-Band Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Emboar learns Head Smash at LV50. My Emboar knows it. It's a pretty effective Rock-type move, but it has crippling recoil if it scores a OHKO.

Besides that, Emboar doesn't have a movepool with much variety. It can learn TM93 (Wild Charge), a strong Electric-type Take Down. It can also learn TM74 (Gyro Ball). Give it an Iron Ball or a Macho Brace or something and you'll be good to go.

EDIT: Oh, and 1000th post FTW!
    edited April 2011
    Kenny-Band;4358207 said:
    Give it an Iron Ball or a Macho Brace or something and you'll be good to go.
    Except that it can't take hits, so purposefully making it slower than the enemy is a horrible idea.
  • TheRollingBonesTheRollingBones Headliner
    edited April 2011
    jacob42;4357375 said:
    I'm pretty sure rock smash is fighting type, so it probably won't be much help.
    Also, I think Emboar can learn scald because scald is boiling water, which requires fire.

Oops I meant rock tomb, not rock smash.
    But I was talking about archeops anyways.
    GNFfhqwhgads;4358135 said:
    Pretty sure Emboar can learn Stone Edge, but you can't get the TM until after the E4.

Yeah, could be worthwhile, it is a 100 power move. However, no STAB bonus, but still.

Anywho, I trained up a bunch on Audinos on route 10 the last few days, and I should be good to go for the elite 4. I'm gonna try it right away now. I'll give you guys my results and such after I win/lose.

My team:
    Emboar - 60
    Chandelure - 55
    Krookodile - 55
    Archeops - 53
    Basculin - 52
    Zebstrika - 51
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited April 2011
    A while ago I was creating gym battles for my brother to fight against, where all my Pokemon would have one similar type. The rules were, they were all at level 60, had to have one similar type, and I had to have at least one Pokemon from each generation (not counting V, since it wasn't around in Diamond version). I ended up making two gyms before I finished:

ROCK GYM:
    Aerodactyl - Rock/Flying
    Kabutops - Rock/Water
    Lunatone - Rock/Psychic
    Magcargo - Rock/Fire
    Rampardos - Rock
    Rhyperior - Rock/Ground

NORMAL GYM:
    Blissey - Normal
    Granbull - Normal
    Kecleon - Normal
    Porygon-Z - Normal
    Snorlax - Normal
    Togekiss - Normal/Flying

It's kind of a fun little mini-game I play inside my game once I beat it, to make the best and most diverse gyms possible
  • AzureAngel17AzureAngel17 In Space!
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, I'm totally still on Diamond. At some point I want to pick up HeartGold (for Sandshrew!), but I'm so far behind that I don't know when I'll get to B/W. Probably by the time this generation's third game is out (Grey?). :p

That does fit with the games I've wound up playing most. Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Diamond... :D
    edited April 2011
    TheRollingBones;4359257 said:
    Yeah, could be worthwhile, it is a 100 power move. However, no STAB bonus, but still.
    You're not in it for a STAB bonus, you're in it for the coverage and for Flying types.
    My team:
    Emboar - 60
    Chandelure - 55
    Krookodile - 55
    Archeops - 53
    Basculin - 52
    Zebstrika - 51
    I went at it with a team of straight 50's. You'll be fine.
  • edited April 2011
    I was going to link that earlier. I love the end when he says "One wonders why the protagonist is the only one who thinks to rock up with more then four of the little ****s." I always wondered that myself
    edited April 2011
    Right, I forgot, I won the elite four the day I posted that I was gonna try it. I had type advantages over everything, I think, and high levels, so it was all pretty easy. Even Ghetsis' Hydregion was no match for my Archeops' dragon claw, plus I obviously caught Reshiram, so that helped in the last 2. I then caught Tornadus after. I borrowed Chrono Trigger and started it a couple days ago, so I haven't totally "finished" Black (haven't been to all cities yet), but I'll do it.

Oh yeah, and I also finally got my dad to let me install Portal on his computer. Unrelated, but cool! It's an awesome game.
  • DeadPhoenix223DeadPhoenix223 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    so what's up with all the trades in B/W? I want to trade for a Zekrom, but all the Zekroms are "Reshiram Lv. 9 and under"? Level 9 and under? WHATS UP WITH THAT???
  • edited April 2011
    DeadPhoenix223;4363282 said:
    so what's up with all the trades in B/W? I want to trade for a Zekrom, but all the Zekroms are "Reshiram Lv. 9 and under"? Level 9 and under? WHATS UP WITH THAT???

Yeah i don't know why people keep asking for stupid things like that. Just put your up for trade and ask for any Zekrom. For best/fastest results put up your Reshiram.

or you could try changing the area that you are looking in. I find that Canada, UK, US, and Japan have the highest chance of having something and Germany, France, Mexico, and Italy usually have like 2 or 3.
    edited April 2011
    I have yet to connect Platinum to WiFi. None of the hotspots I ever find work with my DS. Everyone and their mother has some kind of logon/license agreement thing that the DS can't get through.

I'm at the Canalave Gym now. OHKO from my Infernape (Joan) on Byron's Magneton to start the match! :D

Vaporeon (Rex) vs Steelix... another OHKO!

What the hell is a Bastiodon? :eek:

Never mind, Vaporeon didn't have any trouble there. That gym was way easier than the last three. :-/
    edited April 2011
    TheRollingBones;4362927 said:
    I borrowed Chrono Trigger and started it a couple days ago
    Such a great game.
    DeadPhoenix223;4363282 said:
    Put up a bred starter for a Zekrom. You'll get it, sadly.
    MagicMurderBag7;4363330 said:
    Yeah i don't know why people keep asking for stupid things like that. Just put your up for trade and ask for any Zekrom. For best/fastest results put up your Reshiram.
    No. Don't put up your own one-off Pokemon. How will he get a Reshiram then? He'll have to go through this whole thing again, and technically, for 'fastest results', he'll put up the Zekrom he got.

See a pattern?
    AzureAngel17;4363347 said:
    What the hell is a Bastiodon? :eek
    That's just a Sinnoh fossil.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited April 2011
    WOW! This is all chirps and buzzers to me. :) Sounds like fun though.
    edited April 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4363455 said:
    Such a great game.

I'm loving it so far. I just got to the future and talked to the group of people stranded in the building.
    edited April 2011
    TheRollingBones;4363774 said:
    I'm loving it so far. I just got to the future and talked to the group of people stranded in the building.
    I still have one or two endings to nab...but White hasn't left my DS in the last month.

Maybe once I hit 200 hours.
    edited April 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4363779 said:
    I still have one or two endings to nab...but White hasn't left my DS in the last month.

Maybe once I hit 200 hours.

200?! Holy... that's actual play time? I'm at around 70, but I'm not sure if that's fully correct or not.

I still have to reach Black city, so I'm holding off on playing CT too much right now.
    edited April 2011
    I'm at 180 as actual playtime.

I beat the game the night after it came out. I completed my Unova Dex a week after launch, and my National Dex 12 days later.
  • gosox333gosox333 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Once you get a Zorua, the GTS becomes a lot easier to deal with. Everybody wants one.

I'm at about 70 hours. I'll probably start over soon, or maybe I'll just buy White version. I have a pretty big Pokedex going on my Black.
    edited April 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4363800 said:
    I'm at 180 as actual playtime.

I beat the game the night after it came out. I completed my Unova Dex a week after launch, and my National Dex 12 days later.

National Dex. Srsly. All 649 or whatever. HOW?
    edited April 2011
    TheRollingBones;4363822 said:
    National Dex. Srsly. All 649 or whatever. HOW?
    646. The last three haven't been released to anyone yet.
    edited April 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4363823 said:
    646. The last three haven't been released to anyone yet.

Oh yeah, but still. How did you do it? Can't be GTS, did you just trade over from Diamond and HG or something?
    edited April 2011
    TheRollingBones;4363837 said:
    Oh yeah, but still. How did you do it? Can't be GTS, did you just trade over from Diamond and HG or something?
    Yeah. I had a chunk of stuff in Platinum and Soulsilver, so I borrowed a friend's DS.
    edited April 2011
    Frig dude, that's an accomplishment.
    edited April 2011
    I have the two diplomas in my room, but I still need the Subway Trophies to complete my room.
    edited April 2011
    You know what's disappointing? Reading about all of the event-only pokemon I will never get. :(
    edited April 2011
    Hatched a damn good Slowpoke at 30/6/22/30/28/26.
    edited April 2011
    http://en.pokemon-gl.com/profile/?id=973769

Got a Moody(every turn, one stat goes +2, one goes -1) Bidoof today. Also, check out that gameplay time...

I'm awesome.