Stop making charts for crappy screamo bands

BankaiBankai Banned
edited April 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Almost all the hard songs on the RBN for PS3 are all awful screamo music.
Get some better songs with more variety. :mad:

Comments

• KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    There are plenty of great songs on the 360. Blame 360 users for buying those songs too much. That's why you get them.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2011
    Now by screamo music do you mean the genre screamo, or just songs with screaming vocals...because those are two entirely different things.
  • KEWBKEWB Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    I don't like this genre of music it shouldn't be available for purchase.
  • JohnnyRhythmJohnnyRhythm Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    KEWB;4356637 said:
    I don't like this genre of music it shouldn't be available for purchase.

woah there, just because you don't like it doesn't mean some people don't, be a little more open and understanding about other people's musical tastes, it will make you and others happier :b
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited April 2011
    Bankai;4356605 said:
    START buying songs from awesome screamo bands.

I figured if I put it as a statement rather than a question, you'd have to go along with it, which is what I think your thread title is trying to do.
    JohnnyRhythm;4356649 said:
    woah there, just because you don't like it doesn't mean some people don't, be a little more open and understanding about other people's musical tastes, it will make you and others happier :b
    You missed the sarcasm.
  • JohnnyRhythmJohnnyRhythm Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4356650 said:
    You missed the sarcasm.

Ahh, I feel really stupid now...
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited April 2011
    JohnnyRhythm;4356654 said:
    It happens.
  • SpongyeSpongye Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    We have yet to get any actual screamo songs on Rock Band yet. D: Pray for some I Hate Myself or Blood Brothers.
  • ShoTTySLanKiNShoTTySLanKiN Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    JohnnyRhythm;4356654 said:

Apparently my sarcasm meter is broken cuz I didn't see any there.

Yet another boring thread about how PS3 doesn't get all the music, buy a 360, just sayin.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4356631 said:
    Now by screamo music do you mean the genre screamo, or just songs with screaming vocals...because those are two entirely different things.
    Not really. :D
    edited April 2011
    I have to say that Cannibal Corpse, Atheist, and All that Remains (for example) ...are not in the screamo genre ;)
  • SenseiLeRoofSenseiLeRoof Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Bankai;4356605 said:

Tell the bands you want about RBN. It's the bands' fault, not HMX.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited April 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4356725 said:
    I have to say that Cannibal Corpse, Atheist, and All that Remains (for example) ...are not in the screamo genre ;)

To someone who has no interest in Metalcore, I can see how they think screamo and these bands are the same. I think the OP meant. "Why do all the hard songs have screaming vocals?"
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4356725 said:

And they don't use screaming vocals, they use death grunts or growls. Not too sure about All That Remains since I don't listen to them, but they are generally classified as metalcore which mostly crosses over with screamo.
    edited April 2011
    Yeah but judging by the OP's post I'm going to assume anything with growly/gutteral/screamy (typical Death/heavy metal) vocals all fall under the 'screamo' he's complaining about ;)
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited April 2011
    Someone throw some money at Suis La Lune to get them on here, please.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    I actually hate heavy metal where they scream and growl, it makes me want to stab my eardrums with a sharpened Q-tip, but they usually have damned fun drum charts.
  • DeejaySmirkDeejaySmirk Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    I know, right? Damn them for making songs people want.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited April 2011
    ShoTTySLanKiN;4356702 said:
    Apparently my sarcasm meter is broken cuz I didn't see any there.

Yet another boring thread about how PS3 doesn't get all the music, buy a 360, just sayin.

Send me the amount to buy 1,500 songs, all the RB games, the game system, all the instruments, and Pro Guitar. And I will :D
    LOL couldn't resist.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    edited April 2011
    You know, when I was your age we didn't have this technology.

I had Sega Genesis. Super Nintendo. Dreamcast. N64. PS1 (get where I'm headed?)... Once you bought a game - that was it. No add-ons, no DLC, no RBN ... NOTHING. They got your money.

Just take minute to marvel at the fact that we've been getting any type of post-purchase support at all. Sorry you're not into the selections, but get some perspective: The fact that we get new music DLC every week for two straight years is pretty significant.

Stop complaining. Or I'll time warp you back to the 80's and early 90's when games like Mario 3 and peripherals like the Power Glove were the new and exciting thing.
    edited April 2011
    Heck don't even go that far back.

Remember Guitar Hero 1?

How awesome it was, when you played it, finished all the song then had to wait a YEAR to get new songs by buying GH2?

Remember waaaay back then?

God how far we've come and how spoiled some people have gotten since then.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    edited April 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4361403 said:
    Heck don't even go that far back.

Remember Guitar Hero 1?

How awesome it was, when you played it, finished all the song then had to wait a YEAR to get new songs by buying GH2?

Remember waaaay back then?

God how far we've come and how spoiled some people have gotten since then.

See? You get it. And even drove my point home in a more relatable way.
  • SenseiLeRoofSenseiLeRoof Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    I had a C-64. And could program my own damn games. :P
  • Odin ForceOdin Force Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    I don't really like the "screamo" songs. However, if we're getting what has been selling well on the 360...
  • aggiesrul8aggiesrul8 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    When did Seether become Scream-O?

Oh wait, when you say all songs, you mean, the majority of the songs. Well, I don't like the crazy screaming stuff too much either, but, I have the choice not to buy it if I don't like it.
  • LegendofRock3021LegendofRock3021 Nice Doggy
    edited April 2011
    afterstasis;4356761 said:
    Someone throw some money at Suis La Lune to get them on here, please.
    That would be amazing, maybe I'll send them a message about RBN.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited April 2011
    ew Blood Brothers :/

anyways like has been said, there has been NO SCREAMO at all on RBN or actual DLC for that matter
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    DrowGamer77;4361391 said:
    You know, when I was your age we didn't have this technology.

I had Sega Genesis. Super Nintendo. Dreamcast. N64. PS1 (get where I'm headed?)... Once you bought a game - that was it. No add-ons, no DLC, no RBN ... NOTHING. They got your money.

Just take minute to marvel at the fact that we've been getting any type of post-purchase support at all. Sorry you're not into the selections, but get some perspective: The fact that we get new music DLC every week for two straight years is pretty significant.

Stop complaining. Or I'll time warp you back to the 80's and early 90's when games like Mario 3 and peripherals like the Power Glove were the new and exciting thing.

I loved the Power Glove. It was so bad.
  • jbrocker56jbrocker56 Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    dude you got to think of it like this scremo is what sells best or else we would not get so much of the hardcore music I love it and am glad we get a lot of it but if you don`t like it don`t buy it.
  • BeebBeeb Banned
    edited April 2011
    You're confusing screamo with screaming vocals.

All That Remains would be tilting towards screamo, which there is hardly of that genre. There is, however, too many metal growling songs. They all suck.