Youtube suggestions?

DaxterDudeDaxterDude Opening Act
edited April 2011 in The Rock Band Network
I've posted threads on songs on Youtube we could use on the Rock Band Network we should create a thread for suggestions for Youtube based groups, artists, and songs. Anybody agree with me? There is plenty of talent on Youtube. Plenty of talent the Rock Band Network could use.

Comments

• SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Oh man, too many to name..... however.....

Mattrach - Crazy Bell
    Mattrach - R2D2
    Mattrach - The Alright Song

I've been wanting this guy on the RBN for the longest time. An incredibly talented dude. Very Steve Vai-ish.

Plus, he's pretty damn popular so the sales wouldn't be too bad either.
  • DaxterDudeDaxterDude Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4356939 said:
    Oh man, too many to name..... however.....

Mattrach - Crazy Bell
    Mattrach - R2D2
    Mattrach - The Alright Song

I've been wanting this guy on the RBN for the longest time. An incredibly talented dude. Very Steve Vai-ish.

Plus, he's pretty damn popular so the sales wouldn't be too bad either.

This proves exactly my point! Thanks good sir :D
  • Jarr3tt88Jarr3tt88 Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    An FYI,

I contacted Mattrach almost last year.....they said they would look into the RBN. Haven't heard anything since, so I think its a no. Told them to contact Rockgamer, and they haven't heard from them either.

I liked these song as welll

Come In
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03GIACDxuBg

Human Bull****
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MqFLMdt4pI

Mister Jack is a solid album
  • m_estockm_estock Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    edited April 2011
    m_estock;4357587 said:
    Canon Rock - Jerry C http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by8oyJztzwo

Enough said.

Eh.

That song is pretty overrated. That's like all people say they want when someone asks for something they'd like to see from YT.
    edited April 2011
    Jarr3tt88;4357563 said:
    An FYI,

I contacted Mattrach almost last year.....they said they would look into the RBN. Haven't heard anything since, so I think its a no. Told them to contact Rockgamer, and they haven't heard from them either.

I liked these song as welll

Come In
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03GIACDxuBg

Human Bull****
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MqFLMdt4pI

Mister Jack is a solid album

Dude, his newer stuff has nothing on his older stuff (what I linked to minus The Alright Song). Back when he was all Steve Vai-ish. Now he's much more jazzy, classic rock-ish. Still really good, but not anywhere near as good.
    edited April 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4357718 said:
    Eh.

That song is pretty overrated. That's like all people say they want when someone asks for something they'd like to see from YT.
    Look at the statement you just made... That's a contradiction.

That's like saying Led Zeppelin is overrated because everyone asks for them.
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    If we got Canon Rock in Rock Band, I wouldn't want his version. He got famous for that version when he was basically covering someone else's cover. Hardly any difference between his and the one he covered.
    edited April 2011
    m_estock;4357819 said:
    Look at the statement you just made... That's a contradiction.

That's like saying Led Zeppelin is overrated because everyone asks for them.

It's overrated because it's not SUPEROMGAMAZING and that's all people ask for. Do you not know how to use the word "overrated"?
    edited April 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4357909 said:
    It's overrated because it's not SUPEROMGAMAZING and that's all people ask for. Do you not know how to use the word "overrated"?

That's your opinion though. Overrated is a term I would reserve for the Yankees, not a song. LOL

Just because people are asking for a song doesn't necessarily mean they think it is "SUPEROMGAMAZING" Most of them think it would be a fun song to play, as do I. If a lot of people are asking for it, that's a fairly good sign it would sell relatively well. That's what this thread is for.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited April 2011
    This is basically from another site, but the video on youtube is too epic! Not to mention the song!

(rathergood.com) - Bagger 288
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited April 2011
    Kariodude;4357879 said:
    If we got Canon Rock in Rock Band, I wouldn't want his version. He got famous for that version when he was basically covering someone else's cover. Hardly any difference between his and the one he covered.

Isn't JerryC the one who did the original cover? Somebody else got youtube-famous covering JerryC's version. I think you may have gotten them confused, unless I've missed something.

All I can say is that A) RB needs some version of Canon in D for me to play, and B) JerryC's Canon Rock would be a fun one.
    edited April 2011
    m_estock;4358109 said:
    That's your opinion though.

Well, I never said by FACT it's overrated. I hate it when I feel I have to put the obligatory "IMO".
    edited April 2011
    LuigiHann;4358181 said:
    I think you may have gotten them confused, unless I've missed something. All I can say is that A) RB needs some version of Canon in D for me to play, and B) JerryC's Canon Rock would be a fun one.

Well, the backing track that JerryC uses is from this guy that did his own version of Canon Rock before JerryC did. I can't remember who he is, but basically, he did an arrangement of Canon Rock, released the backing track for it, then JerryC released his arrangement that sounds almost identical using that backing track.

On another note, MattRach has a version of Canon Rock too. I'll see if I can get that version, you know, if I ever talk with him/his band. >_>
    edited April 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4358343 said:
    Well, I never said by FACT it's overrated. I hate it when I feel I have to put the obligatory "IMO".

I'm just messing with you :p. I know what you meant.

Kario, I listened to a version that MattRach did. Sounds great - although I think you would still sell more if you got JerryC's version. Name recognition.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't MattRach use the same backing track that JerryC did?
    edited April 2011
    Yeah MattRach uses the same backing track.
    edited April 2011
    In that case, wouldn't it be better to get a recording of his entire band playing, instead of the backing track? I'm wondering if they could incorporate keys somehow.
    edited April 2011
    Yeah you couldn't use a version with that backing track at all. The backing track has the drums, bass and rhythm guitar mixed together already. If things work out with MattRach, it will be the whole band so I could probably get the band to do a recording of Canon Rock. etc.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited April 2011
    How about Killrbuckeye? He has a couple originals on YouTube and very popular.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKRUagaWcpQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDhaegA7UJ0

Also, Cobus is another one. Fantastic drummer although he only does covers (I think?), he does his own rendition of it so it makes him original.
    edited April 2011
    Mega-Tallica;4359057 said:
    Also, Cobus is another one. Fantastic drummer although he only does covers (I think?), he does his own rendition of it so it makes him original.

Cobus is a fantastic drummer, and he's in a band. Like you said, most of his videos are covers so that would be a no go. You'd need permission from the original author, etc.

And yes, he does do his own rendition of the songs (as would any drummer....) but that doesn't make him original.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited April 2011
    I meant he does his own original rendition of a song, not that he's an original drummer, that was just bad wording on my part.

But yeah, I can see how it'll be a problem with having to get original authors' permission and whatnot. Oh well.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited April 2011
    I've mentioned this before in one of the Bed Intruder threads, but I'd love to see "Carl Sagan - 'A Glorious Dawn' ft Stephen Hawking (Symphony of Science)" on Rock Band. They keys part is very pretty, and the vocals are pleasant.

The song is available on iTunes (credited directly to Carl Sagan, oddly enough) so it should be at least theoretically possible to license.