The High Strung - "The Luck You Got"

Sounds like a PERFECT song for Rock Band

ALSO IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE SHOW WATCH OUT FOR THE SPOILER ALERT

Comments

• NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Who are you requesting this to?
  • edited April 2011
    yes please some one needs to get this song!!!

I LOVE Shameless!!! Sorry for the spoiler.
  • Coach ZCoach Z Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4358509 said:
    yes please some one needs to get this song!!!

I LOVE Shameless!!! and i'm sooo glad Fiona didn't go with Steve/Jimmy

The High Strung's drummer is an old friend of mine. We're working on getting the masters digitized. I'll keep you posted!
  • edited April 2011
    Coach Z;4358576 said:
    The High Strung's drummer is an old friend of mine. We're working on getting the masters digitized. I'll keep you posted!

That is amazing!! I can't wait now!!!
  • toymachineSHtoymachineSH Headliner
    edited April 2011
    Awesome- this song is gonna be the shizzle
    edited April 2011
    Coach Z;4358576 said:

Got em. Now for the hard stuff.
    edited April 2011
    Coach Z;4373025 said:
    Got em. Now for the hard stuff.

All charted and venue'd up.

Just gotta wait for the band to get back from their Saturday gig to sign the legal forms. Hopefully I can start playtesting next week.
  • edited April 2011
    Holy crap i can not wait!!!
    edited May 2011
    Coach Z;4382830 said:
    All charted and venue'd up.

Just gotta wait for the band to get back from their Saturday gig to sign the legal forms. Hopefully I can start playtesting next week.

Can we see a chart preview?
    edited May 2011
    toymachineSH;4385169 said:
    Can we see a chart preview?

I just asked the band if that'd be okay. I've already sneaked a couple playtests out of other RBN authors and made some awesome fixups.

Bit of legal entanglement to overcome, so things will be delayed. I sure hope that clears up soon.
    edited May 2011
    Have a look. Your feedback is appreciated!

Preview Video 1: Bass, Pro Drums, Harmonies, Pro Keys
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M6peODH8OQ

Preview Video 2: Guitar, Drums, Vocals, Keys
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzEktbX0glM
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited May 2011
    I hear good things about this show. This song sounds good, and the charts look nice from what I can tell :D

I will probably pick this up at some point. Points are a bit scarce at the moment!
  • edited May 2011
    Coach Z;4386583 said:
    Have a look. Your feedback is appreciated!

Preview Video 1: Bass, Pro Drums, Harmonies, Pro Keys
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M6peODH8OQ

Preview Video 2: Guitar, Drums, Vocals, Keys
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzEktbX0glM

I cannot wait to play those keys! The BRE is going to be a ***** to hit on pro-keys though.
    kingtonyx;4386593 said:
    I hear good things about this show. This song sounds good, and the charts look nice from what I can tell :D

I will probably pick this up at some point. Points are a bit scarce at the moment!
    I definitely recommend you watch the show. Funny as hell but with its share of drama, you'll be hooked by the second episode.
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited May 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4386601 said:
    The BRE is going to be a ***** to hit on pro-keys though.
    That's a glissando, all you need to do nail it is hit the first note at the right time and then play anything for the rest of the notes. It's used when the player is just sliding their hand up or down the keyboard which should be really easy to do but is actually very difficult to if you have to hit each key at the exact same time as on the original recording.
  • edited May 2011
    Oscarvarium;4386609 said:
    That's a glissando, all you need to do nail it is hit the first note at the right time and then play anything for the rest of the notes. It's used when the player is just sliding their hand up or down the keyboard which should be really easy to do but is actually very difficult to if you have to hit each key at the exact same time as on the original recording.

I know i usually try to slide my hand with it but i always end up being one or two notes off at the start i end up losing my streak.
    edited May 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4386618 said:
    I know i usually try to slide my hand with it but i always end up being one or two notes off at the start i end up losing my streak.

You don't necessarily have to slide, as long as you hit the first note you can hit any notes for the duration of the glissando. I haven't had much time on pro keys due to not yet having my own keyboard controller, but I've read that doing a little trill works well.
  • edited May 2011
    Oscarvarium;4386626 said:
    You don't necessarily have to slide, as long as you hit the first note you can hit any notes for the duration of the glissando. I haven't had much time on pro keys due to not yet having my own keyboard controller, but I've read that doing a little trill works well.

Really? I didn't know that but it does explain a lot. Almost every time i play Whiter Shade of Pale i end up getting the one that goes down and then up (sorry for my lack of technical terms RB is the first time i ever played keys) but i don't hit it the right way so i just took it as the game giving me the benefit of the doubt lol.
    edited May 2011
    Looks about as awesome as I envisioned it in my brain :D
  • edited July 2011
    Any updates on the song?
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Coach Z;4385271 said:
    Bit of legal entanglement to overcome, so things will be delayed. I sure hope that clears up soon.

I'm guessing this is still holding things up.
  • edited December 2011
    Is this still being worked on? Or is it a lost cause?
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4566909 said:
    Is this still being worked on? Or is it a lost cause?

Coach mentioned on Twitter that there are sufficient publishing hang-ups with the track to consider the project dead. :(
  • edited December 2011
    Well that sucks. I was really looking forward to getting this song.
    edited December 2011
    FairwoodStudios;4566928 said:
    Coach mentioned on Twitter that there are sufficient publishing hang-ups with the track to consider the project dead. :(

Attention shoppers: I thought I'd give it one more try with the band. They now fully control the rights again and we are GO!
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited December 2011
    coach z;4567362 said:
    attention shoppers: I thought i'd give it one more try with the band. They now fully control the rights again and we are go!

yay!
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited December 2011
    Coach Z;4567362 said:
    Attention shoppers: I thought I'd give it one more try with the band. They now fully control the rights again and we are GO!

Great news Coach.
  • edited December 2011
    Coach Z;4567362 said:

What an amazing turn of events! I can't wait!
    edited December 2011
    Coach Z;4567362 said:
    I take full credit for this after asking you about it on Twitter. :3

Looking forward to playtesting! :D
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Oscarvarium;4567438 said:
    I take full credit for this after asking you about it on Twitter. :3

Looking forward to playtesting! :D

Well, you can do so now. Coach asked us to proxy it so we've got it up in playtest right now. :)
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited December 2011
    This'll be awesome! Thanks to everyone involved, and I can't wait to play this.