I was just thinking... with the much lower output of RBN songs...

SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
edited April 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Perhaps this could mean much more attention to each track? Better sales?

Before now, each week I only ever took interest in maybe 1-3 (or 4 at the very most) songs. However, past couple weeks I've been looking up each song, previewing them, downloading the demos, etc.

Anybody else finding themselves much more interested in each song now?

With that said, I actually hope they keep it to about 4 or so songs each week :)

Comments

  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    When there were 10+ song weeks, I did end up skipping some songs I would have otherwise gotten, but I still gave every song at least a listen. But I have much less money to blow on RBN now, so the fewer songs a week is definitely nice.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2011
    About four of us authoring groups (TAG, Alt Strum, AGL, and musicgame studio) took matters into our own hands and decided to 'hire' in some playtesters.

    Harmonix, awesome that they heard what we were doing and pitched in with us so we've got about seven or eight new playtesters getting ready to hit RBN to help get the pipes moving again.

    So I'd say in a few weeks things should start picking back up ;)

    I'm not saying we'll be back up to twenty a week, but I think you'll see more than three or four :D
  • rab39rab39 Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4359026 said:
    About four of us authoring groups (TAG, Alt Strum, AGL, and musicgame studio) took matters into our own hands and decided to 'hire' in some playtesters.

    Harmonix, awesome that they heard what we were doing and pitched in with us so we've got about seven or eight new playtesters getting ready to hit RBN to help get the pipes moving again.

    So I'd say in a few weeks things should start picking back up ;)

    I'm not saying we'll be back up to twenty a week, but I think you'll see more than three or four :D

    Awesome news and glad to hear that everyone is working together again. Excuse me while I go play the three songs I downloaded today.
  • BruceDickinsonBruceDickinson Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Only if we get more Slightly Stoopid songs.. :)
  • johnnyboybladejohnnyboyblade Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    @ThatAuthoringGroup:

    Great to Hear!

    Are there still similar numbers as far as the songs that are being "inputted" to follow the phrasing of the OP?
  • ShoTTySLanKiNShoTTySLanKiN Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Is Tony still testing? Haven't seen him n the forums lately....
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2011
    johnnyboyblade;4359581 said:
    @ThatAuthoringGroup:

    Great to Hear!

    Are there still similar numbers as far as the songs that are being "inputted" to follow the phrasing of the OP?

    There's over 120 songs in testing and review right now, and more being added every day. So yeah the process was getting bogged down, so we decided as a group we needed to get more testers in there before it got beyond our control to handle (with all the songs).

    So it hopefully things will start popping a little faster in the next few weeks in regards to song releases.

    And I think Tony is moving and doesn't have access to a PC Shotty.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4359026 said:
    About four of us authoring groups (TAG, Alt Strum, AGL, and musicgame studio) took matters into our own hands and decided to 'hire' in some playtesters.

    Harmonix, awesome that they heard what we were doing and pitched in with us so we've got about seven or eight new playtesters getting ready to hit RBN to help get the pipes moving again.

    So I'd say in a few weeks things should start picking back up ;)

    I'm not saying we'll be back up to twenty a week, but I think you'll see more than three or four :D
    RockGamer did that in January with several testers as well.
  • AshtrayHeartAshtrayHeart Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    Thanks to the serious slowdown of songs being output and the release of RBN 2.0, I've been following just about all of these threads the authoring groups made, and have gained serious interest in a lot more songs and artists.
  • Jarr3tt88Jarr3tt88 Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    I used to play test.....but then I realized that it was silly to do all that hard work for free being unappreciated so I stopped. Paid testers is a good thing, and I have suggested it in the past. If a charting group wanted to snatch me up, I'd do it again :)
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2011
    Jarr3tt88;4360015 said:
    I used to play test.....but then I realized that it was silly to do all that hard work for free being unappreciated so I stopped. Paid testers is a good thing, and I have suggested it in the past. If a charting group wanted to snatch me up, I'd do it again :)

    I'd contact Alt Strum or Music Game. I know they're hosting playtesters and MIGHT be looking for another player ;)
Sign In or Register to comment.