Bad Lip Sync in "Fight For Greatness" D;

XzalorXzalor Rising Star
edited May 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Just found this song and got the demo and I'm IN LOVE with the song its actually really good in my opinion but there's a problem that's stopping me from buying the song... The Lip sync is horrible. The mouth is not in time with the words and its very awkward. Soo.. Authors, please make sure the Lip syncing is on time before releasing the song. :/

I might buy just cause I like the songs but that mouth movement is going to bother me for a while now..

Comments

• LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited April 2011
    These kind of things never bother me. I'm too busy looking at those notes flying my way.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Xzalor;4360738 said:
    Just found this song and got the demo and I'm IN LOVE with the song its actually really good in my opinion but there's a problem that's stopping me from buying the song... The Lip sync is horrible. The mouth is not in time with the words and its very awkward. Soo.. Authors, please make sure the Lip syncing is on time before releasing the song. :/

I might buy just cause I like the songs but that mouth movement is going to bother me for a while now..
    Lip sync is done automatically by the game and is not controlled by the authors like other animations.
  • XzalorXzalor Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    NoThru22;4360767 said:
    Lip sync is done automatically by the game and is not controlled by the authors like other animations.

Oh ok I did not know that. Thanks! Stupid game! D:< jk

But really that does suck.. D:
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2011
    Yeah we don't have the advanced facial animation tools that HMX has to fix any lip sync issues.

We just use a 'dry vox' stem and the game bases it's lip sync animation from that.

On songs with long held notes or growly type vocals it can get pretty sketchy (the lip sync).
  • MarklefordMarkleford Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    I hate to say it, but allowing poor lip sync is still a cop-out. You can still doctor the animation by punching in your own vocals during problem sections. I've done it myself plenty of times.

And yes, you can hire me to do such work! ;)

- m
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited April 2011
    Another reason I cringe when a song I know and love comes to RBN instead of regular channels. The terrible lip sync (it bugs the heck out of me when it's REALLY bad, yeah there's quite a few. Slightly off is okay, but that's rare). I know it is not the author's fault and all, so not blaming anybody. But it's noticeable and will bother some.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2011
    Markleford;4361832 said:
    I hate to say it, but allowing poor lip sync is still a cop-out. You can still doctor the animation by punching in your own vocals during problem sections. I've done it myself plenty of times.

And yes, you can hire me to do such work! ;)

- m

We've really started doing this too since harmonies and RBN2.0.

It's really the only way to not make the entire lip sync charting look like hot garbage IMO.

It really does help make everything look that much better, so if you authoring groups out there don't have a way to do it yourself, then you should most definitely hit up Markleford for it.

Extremely worth the effort to give your song that extra bit of polish and shine :D
  • BeebBeeb Banned
    edited April 2011
    Lexington still upsets me.

As well as the cut intro/outro lack of harmonies or keys.

Really, why did I buy it?

Because I love Chiodos.
  • mikeytsmikeyts Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    Beeb;4363073 said:
    Lexington still upsets me.

As well as the cut intro/outro lack of harmonies or keys.

Really, why did I buy it?

Because I love Chiodos.
    The lack of keys in this song is a crime; the piano part is so very pretty it hugely deserved to be charted. Oh well.