My Rock Band 4 Dream Setlist

thebobmasterthebobmaster Unsigned
edited April 2011 in Your Ultimate Setlist
I know some of these songs are on other lists, or popular. But these are just the songs I think would be the most fun. If you have other suggestions, let me know. But don't post stuff like "this setlist sucks". That doesn't help at all.

Edit: After multiple requests, reorganized by decade. Also, replacing "Teenage Lobotomy" and "Scream".

60's:
1. Dick Dale-Miserlou
2. Cream-Sunshine of your Love
3. Iron Butterfly-In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida
4. King Crimson-21st Century Schizoid Man
5. The Turtles-Happy Together
6. The Kinks-You Really Got Me

70's:
1. Journey-Wheel in the Sky
2. ZZ Top-La Grange
3.Thin Lizzy-Whiskey in the Jar
4. AC/DC-It's A Long Way to the Top (If you Wanna Rock and Roll)
5. Aerosmith-Toys in the Attic
6. Lynyrd Skynyrd-Call Me The Breeze
7. Heart-Crazy on You
8. David Bowie-Changes
9. Bad Company-Bad Company
10. Paul McCartney & The Wings-Live and Let Die
11. Bob Dylan-Knockin' on Heaven's Door
12. Peter Frampton-Baby, I Love your Way
13. Cheap Trick-I Want You to Want Me
14. Elton John-Crocodile Rock
15. Santana-Oye Como Va
16. Queen-Don't Stop me Now (much better choice than my last one)
17. Derek and the Dominos-Layla
18. Alice Cooper-Black Widow
19. Sex Pistols-Anarchy in the U.K.
20. Pink Floyd-Welcome to the Machine
21. Led Zeppelin-Kashmir
22. Charlie Daniels Band-The Devil Went Down to Georgia
23. The Ramones-Sheena is a Punk Rocker
24. Kiss-Cold Gin
25. Foghat-I Just Want to Make Love to You
26. Edgar Winter Group-Free Ride
27. Toto-Hold the Line
28. Fleetwood Mac-The Chain
29. Dire Straits-Sultans of Swing
30. The Eagles-Hotel California

80's:

1.Metallica-Master of Puppets
2. Judas Priest-Breaking the Law
3. Guns n' Roses-Paradise City
4. Whitesnake-Still of the Night
5. Golden Earring-Twilight Zone
6. Midnight Oil-Beds are Burning
7. The Who-You Better You Bet
8. Poison-Every Rose Has its Thorn
9. Great White-Once Bitten, Twice Shy
10. Ozzy Osbourne-Mr. Crowley
11. Asia-Only Time Will Tell
12. Genesis-Invisible Touch
13. Phil Collins-In the Air Tonight
14. The Clash-Rock the Casbah
15. Van Halen-Panama
16. Prince-When Doves Cry
17. Black Sabbath-Heaven and Hell
18. Dio-Last in Line
19. Triumph-Magic Power
20. Boston-Amanda
21. Def Leppard-Rock of Ages
22. Sammy Hagar-I Can't Drive 55
23. Quiet Riot-Metal Health (Bang your Head)
24. Rush-Freewill

90's:
1. Megadeth-Symphony of Destruction
2. Reverend Horton Heat-Psychobilly Freakout
3. Harvey Danger-Flagpole Sitta
4. Soundgarden-Rusty Cage
5. Jeff Buckley-Hallelujah
6. Live-Selling the Drama
7. Eric Clapton-Tears in Heaven
8. Red Hot Chili Peppers-Californication
9. Damn Yankees-High Enough

00's:

1. Rise Against-Under the Knife
2. Stabbing Westward-The Thing I Hate
3. Avenged Sevenfold-Unholy Confessions
4. Iron Maiden-Paschendale
5. Johnny Cash-Hurt
6. Gary Jules-Mad World
7. Dream Theater-The Root of all Evil
8. Muse-Stockholm Syndrome
9. Evanescence-My Immortal
10. John 5-Black Widow of La Porte
11. Disturbed-Land of Confusion
12. Slipknot-Snuff
13. Rammstein-Amerika
14. The Black Mages-One Winged Angel
15. Dropkick Murphys-Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ya
16. Flogging Molly-If I Ever Leave This World Alive
17. Marilyn Manson-Tainted Love

Comments

• I_Love_YouI_Love_You Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    I suggest dividing it up in some way, many people do it by difficulty or by decade (50's, 60's, etc.). That makes it easier to read.

Don't have much to say other than that, I see a lot of good stuff there, a few questionable choices, but every game has some of those XD (Sometimes those are the best songs).
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited April 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOfrnKqk3zw

Look me in the eyes and tell me this isn't a better Charlie Daniels Band song than The Devil Went Down to Georgia.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited April 2011
    One of the most unoriginal setlists I've seen. Would you kindly find a way to sort your list too?
  • WestLakeDragonWestLakeDragon Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    There are several instances of same person in multiple bands, like Ozzy and Black Sabbath. I'm not saying I'm against this but it happened a few times and off the top of my head that hasn't happened in other rock band games, which I'd imagine they do to keep every song more varied.

Only other major complaint is the one shared amongst the rest of us in that it's too hard to read without being sorted.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited April 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4361870 said:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOfrnKqk3zw

Look me in the eyes and tell me this isn't a better Charlie Daniels Band song than The Devil Went Down to Georgia.

Why are you always so offended by people choosing Charlie Daniels' most popular song?
    edited April 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4362478 said:
    Why are you always so offended by people choosing Charlie Daniels' most popular song?

Offended?
  • thatdrummerguythatdrummerguy Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    Teenage Lobotomy is DLC. But, an okay setlist.
  • thebobmasterthebobmaster Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    All right, rearranged the setlist, and replaced a few songs.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    I just skimmed it, but there's a LOT of metal. Too much for a RB4 setlist. Here's a few stray observations:

-There's no way we're getting Anarchy in the UK. The masters are unusable and the only re-records were done by Activision for Guitar Hero (they recorded Anarchy for GH3, Pretty Vacant was in World Tour, and they recorded one more that never appeared in a game)

-Off the top of my head, how many instruments are in Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley? Just vocals and guitar? Not happening.

-Same problem with "Mad World" by Gary Jules. Isn't that just piano and vocals? The original Tears for Fears song though? Much more likely.

-Marilyn Manson's cover of Tainted Love sucks. It's as unoriginal as his cover of Personal Jesus. Original by Soft Cell would be better. Plus Soft Cell and Tears for Fears would balance out your metal heavy 80s section.

-9 songs from the 90s? 9?! If RB3 DLC continues to favor 70s and 80s as much as they are, I hope RB4 has WAAAY more than 9 songs from the 90s.

-I think "I Want You to Want Me" by Cheap Trick would have to be a live version. There's issues with their studio masters, I think.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited April 2011
    tdc002;4362826 said:

-There's no way we're getting Anarchy in the UK. The masters are unusable and the only re-records were done by Activision for Guitar Hero (they recorded Anarchy for GH3, Pretty Vacant was in World Tour, and they recorded one more that never appeared in a game)

I think that would be "Problems", which was GH3 DLC.
    edited April 2011
    tdc002;4362826 said:
    -I think "I Want You to Want Me" by Cheap Trick would have to be a live version. There's issues with their studio masters, I think.
    Yeah, the issue with the studio I Want You to Want Me is that it's not live.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    FlyGuyLXI;4362839 said:
    I think that would be "Problems", which was GH3 DLC.
    For some reason I assumed it was "God Save the Queen". I never realized there was Sex Pistols DLC for GH3.
    GNFfhqwhgads;4362888 said:
    Yeah, the issue with the studio I Want You to Want Me is that it's not live.
    I don't follow...is there no studio version of I Want You to Want Me, or are you saying the live version is the better version? The only version I've heard is Live in Budokan. I'm far from a Cheap Trick expert haha.
    edited April 2011
    tdc002;4362942 said:
    I don't follow...is there no studio version of I Want You to Want Me, or are you saying the live version is the better version? The only version I've heard is Live in Budokan. I'm far from a Cheap Trick expert haha.
    The live version that you mentioned is the one that everyone knows. It's Cheap Trick's Ridin' the Storm Out.
  • AnacondaAnaconda Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    Judas Priest - Breaking the Law? Really? We already got live version, take something new and with keys maybe? Out in The Cold with synth charted as keys or A Touch of Evil that really got key parts would be much better I think.

Otherwise I really like the setlist. But I'm afraid it's for people like me who love metal/hard rock and play guitar in RB, it's done a bit in GH style. Still I would like this a lot more than what we got with RB3.
  • Skynyrd45Skynyrd45 Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    tdc002;4362942 said:

The studio version of I Want You to Want Me is awful. When I heard it, I wish I hadn't. It loses all the energy the live version has.