Any more Jonathan Coulton songs been announced/ on the way?

lotr rocks 0lotr rocks 0 Road Warrior
edited April 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Hey everyone;

I'm a big fan of Jonathan Coulton and I'm just wondering if any more songs have been announced by any of the authoring groups? I won't be completely satisfied with the Joco we have until we get at least I feel fantastic, Better, and Blue Sunny Day ( Blue sunny day would be awesome for RBN 2.0 since it has harmonies and keys). So I'm just wondering if any more songs have been announced yet that I'm not aware of?

Thanks

Comments

• lotr rocks 0lotr rocks 0 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4364480 said:
    None have been announced, but JoCo mentioned recently he would love to have more put out.
    Hopefully that means we get some more :)

I heard he's also doing a remake of Still Alive, that might be neat to have on the RBN too someday.
  • Coach ZCoach Z Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    I'll chart the vocals for "Curl" on the house.
  • edited April 2011
    Coach Z;4364592 said:
    I'll chart the vocals for "Curl" on the house.

YES i want Curl!!

and we need I Crush Everything to finish off Where Tradition Meets Tomorrow.

and maybe JoCo can redue the vocals for First of May and say "Uck" instead of "****", like the Flight of the Conchords, so we can have a reasonable version of it.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited April 2011
    He mentioned at PAX that he once did a radio edit for the First of May using the word "hugging"
  • edited April 2011
    We hugged the lady who sells icecream
    We hugged a man with a tan shar pai
    Every one who needed hugging well they
    They got hugged today

That could work
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    He could also be a bit more creative and use a squirrel chirp or something in place of "f***".

But, eh. That's actually one of my least favorites of his. Give me Dance Soterios Johnson Dance, My Monkey, SkyMall, I Crush Everything, I'm Your Moon and I Feel Fantastic. After that, I should be content with my RB JoCo collection.

Of course, they could just release his entire discography. That would be nice too.

EDIT: Oh and Not About You too. Totally forgot about that song until just now. Probably my favorite next to DSJD and Big Bad World One.
  • edited April 2011
    Oooh yeah i forgot about I'm Your Moon. thats definitely one of my favorites. You Ruined Everything would be great too.

and all of Smoking Monkey. Bozo's Lament, I'm Having A Party, Kennesaw Mountain Landis, Over There, De-Evolving, I Hate California, and Millionaire Girlfriend would all be great.
    edited April 2011
    No love for Better or Blue sunny Day? Those are two of my favourites.

Blue Sunny Day in particular would be good because it has keyboards and really good harmonies, plus it's awesome!

I don't have some of the lesser known joco songs because I dont have the budget yet to buy all of his songs, but I would certainly buy any RBN joco the minute I find out about it. My biggest wishlist atm though is

Better
    Im your Moon
    Blue Sunny Day
    You Ruined Everything
    I Feel Fantastic
    Dance, Soterios Johnson, Dance
    Curl
    Madelaine ( my girlfriend's name, but spelled differently :D)
    Mr Fancy Pants (live).... I would kill to get this, seriously... Any live version at all.

Make it happen somebody, pretty please :)
  • Odin ForceOdin Force Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    The MAIN one I want is I'm Your Moon. It has keys, so it'd be a good one for RBN 2.0...
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    All of your favorite JoCo songs are wrong.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4364480 said:
    None have been announced, but JoCo mentioned recently he would love to have more put out.

I think it'd be amusing if he saw all the complaints about the amount of output he had and decided to wait a bit before releasing more.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited April 2011
    Santa Claustrophobia;4365436 said:
    I think it'd be amusing if he saw all the complaints about the amount of output he had and decided to wait a bit before releasing more.

I actually like him.. just no one that comes over and plays knows him so he never gets played that much :(
    I think his stuffs funny and entertaining and you can actually understand his lyrics.. unlike death metal.
  • MourganDespanaMourganDespana Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    If I get Tom Cruise Crazy, I'll die a happy man.
    edited April 2011
    Odin Force;4365372 said:
    The MAIN one I want is I'm Your Moon. It has keys...

So does Dance Soterios Johnson Dance ;)

Better keys, even. Just listen. Sounds a good deal more fun.
  • Odin ForceOdin Force Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4365717 said:
    So does Dance Soterios Johnson Dance ;)

Better keys, even. Just listen. Sounds a good deal more fun.
    I know, I just like I'm Your Moon better. To be honest, I'd probably buy anything.
    edited April 2011
    Odin Force;4365723 said:
    I know, I just like I'm Your Moon better. To be honest, I'd probably buy anything.

I'd literally buy anything but Rock and Roll Boy. That's the ONLY song of his that's below being good. Actually, I find it really annoying/obnoxious.
    edited April 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4365765 said:
    I'd literally buy anything but Rock and Roll Boy. That's the ONLY song of his that's below being good. Actually, I find it really annoying/obnoxious.
    even big dick farts a polka?
    edited April 2011
    Just look at that song title! I'd totally buy it just for that.
  • AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    You guys could send him an email and show your support for more JoCo in the RBN. His email is on his website. Maybe ask him if he has any plans or suggest a couple (Keyword: couple; if you list off fifteen different random songs he might not even scan over it) and maybe we'll see a couple pop up.
    edited April 2011
    AskariNari;4365838 said:
    You guys could send him an email and show your support for more JoCo in the RBN. His email is on his website. Maybe ask him if he has any plans or suggest a couple (Keyword: couple; if you list off fifteen different random songs he might not even scan over it) and maybe we'll see a couple pop up.

I actually shot him an email after reading this. Thanks for the suggestion!

Of course, I did more than just say "Hey! I want this and this song kthxbye." Hopefully I get some sort of reply.
  • ShoTTySLanKiNShoTTySLanKiN Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Wasn't "I Feel Fantastic" in playtesting at some point with "Big Bad World One"?
  • maximz76maximz76 Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    I think I'll e-mail him and tell him "thanks for the songs you put out on Rock Band but that's all we really ever need...EVER...REALLY."

He must have a couple buddies in Harmonix that got his stuff in there because I don't see how it would have made it in the game, otherwise...
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    maximz76;4366123 said:
    I think I'll e-mail him and tell him "thanks for the songs you put out on Rock Band but that's all we really ever need...EVER...REALLY."

He must have a couple buddies in Harmonix that got his stuff in there because I don't see how it would have made it in the game, otherwise...

I'm pretty sure he does it himself. If I remember correctly, he was demonstrating the software at PAX a few years back
    edited April 2011
    maximz76;4366123 said:

Get out.
  • edited April 2011
    maximz76;4366123 said:

Do you not get what the Rock Band Network is? It allows any band to put their music in Rock Band themselves. That means that if he wanted his entire discography in the game he could do it. It has nothing to do with "knowing someone at Harmonix".

And he made the game before RBN because JoCo is a nerd icon. Have you ever heard anything by him? or are you just basing your ignorance on the fact that he has a few songs in the game and you think hes taking up space that could be better used for Avenged Sevenfold and Disturbed..
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4366185 said:
    Do you not get what the Rock Band Network is? It allows any band to put their music in Rock Band themselves. That means that if he wanted his entire discography in the game he could do it. It has nothing to do with "knowing someone at Harmonix".

And he made the game before RBN because JoCo is a nerd icon. Have you ever heard anything by him? or are you just basing your ignorance on the fact that he has a few songs in the game and you think hes taking up space that could be better used for Avenged Sevenfold and Disturbed..
    To be fair, JoCo does have three songs out as official DLC and at least two of his songs on the RBN were charted by Harmonix employees. That being said, it's apparent to me from this and other threads that maximz76 is just a forum troll.
    edited April 2011
    I e-mailed joco. Hopefully he replies and/or gives the masters to someone for more RBN tracks :)
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    I would happily author "Dance, Soterios Johnson, Dance," "That Spells DNA," and...well, pretty much anything, really! I've never heard a song of his I didn't like. Even if we don't author it, I would buy the hell out of more JoCo songs.
    edited April 2011
    I already got an email reply back from "Scarface, Joco's disfigured henchman" :P that said this:
    Hi,

Scarface, Joco's disfigured henchman here. I'm really glad that you like the music and thanks for your suggestions. I'll mention the songs that you listed and make sure he knows about RBN 2.0.
    the songs I mentioned to him were: I Feel Fantastic, Curl, Blue Sunny Day, Dance Soterios Johnson Dance, I'm Your Moon, and When You Go for anyone whose interested

@Arcanon

You should send him an email asking if you would be able to get permission to chart that!
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Quick question to the authoring groups: who *hasn't* authored a JoCo song? I think everyone should get turn. He's like a town bicycle that way. ;)