Cky

hellview666hellview666 Unsigned
edited April 2011 in The Rock Band Network
I think that some CKY should be put on the RBN. I've been submitting that band for years on the site where you suggest songs and still haven't seen anything!

Comments

• DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    I would be all for this, but I doubt it will happen because most of their albums are on major labels not interested in RBN.
  • hellview666hellview666 Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    DragoonXD;4367507 said:
    I would be all for this, but I doubt it will happen because most of their albums are on major labels not interested in RBN.
    This sucks man, I've been dying to play anything by them. Do you think we'll EVER see them on here?
  • AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    hellview666;4367510 said:
    This sucks man, I've been dying to play anything by them. Do you think we'll EVER see them on here?
    There first two albums are on lesser labels, so there's some possibility there, along with their B-Sides & Rarities album. It depends on who owns the rights, along with if the masters are available. If the labels owns the rights, then the chances are slim for the first two albums, with it being a very small label, plus the masters might be lost or damaged. Then it would involve attempting to establish communication with whoever has the rights and the masters. I could try sending an email to the band, but bands normally either take a while to reply or just don't reply at all.

EDIT: After a little research I found that their debut album was re-issued by Volcom Entertainment, who also has Valient Thorr signed, who has RBN content, so the chances are looking a little higher.
    edited April 2011
    AskariNari;4367518 said:
    There first two albums are on lesser labels, so there's some possibility there, along with their B-Sides & Rarities album. It depends on who owns the rights, along with if the masters are available. If the labels owns the rights, then the chances are slim for the first two albums, with it being a very small label, plus the masters might be lost or damaged. Then it would involve attempting to establish communication with whoever has the rights and the masters. I could try sending an email to the band, but bands normally either take a while to reply or just don't reply at all.

EDIT: After a little research I found that their debut album was re-issued by Volcom Entertainment, who also has Valient Thorr signed, who has RBN content, so the chances are looking a little higher.
    That's good to hear. Hopefully we'll be seeing something by them, I'd even settle for 96 Quite Bitter Beings at this point, even though it's their most played song.
    edited April 2011
    hellview666;4367531 said:
    That's good to hear. Hopefully we'll be seeing something by them, I'd even settle for 96 Quite Bitter Beings at this point, even though it's their most played song.

Just listened to it, an "Oh, THAT song" moment for me. I'm totally going to try to make this happen now.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Try talking to Gamerbeats. They were the ones working with Volcom to author Valient Thorr and Riverboat Gamblers.

Ugh, why does Carver City have to be on Roadrunner? I really want "...And She Never Returned".
    edited April 2011
    AskariNari;4367536 said:
    Just listened to it, an "Oh, THAT song" moment for me. I'm totally going to try to make this happen now.
    Yeah man, if we get a couple people to rally up and ask for this band hopefully we can make something happen.
    edited April 2011
    DragoonXD;4367540 said:
    Try talking to Gamerbeats. They were the ones working with Volcom to author Valient Thorr and Riverboat Gamblers.

Ugh, why does Carver City have to be on Roadrunner? I really want "...And She Never Returned".
    How would I go about talking to Gamerbeats? Sorry I'm a noob to these forums.
    edited April 2011
    Got a quick reply from Volcom, they said that Island/Def Jam owns the rights, so there goes that.
    edited April 2011
    AskariNari;4367548 said:
    Got a quick reply from Volcom, they said that Island/Def Jam owns the rights, so there goes that.
    Bummer... So I guess there's no chance we're gonna see any CKY on Rock Band. :(
    edited April 2011
    hellview666;4367549 said:
    Bummer... So I guess there's no chance we're gonna see any CKY on Rock Band. :(
    Unless HMX licences it. Oh well, time to hit up the song request form.
  • MrWestMrWest Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    Aw damn. "Escape From Hellview" is one of my favorite sing-along-songs :(
    edited April 2011
    AskariNari;4367552 said:
    Unless HMX licences it. Oh well, time to hit up the song request form.
    It's good to see there are a lot of CKY fans here on RB.com, we need so many people to put requests in for them!
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Chineese Rap might offend some people. Funny song though.
    edited April 2011
    bjyaritz;4368060 said:
    Chineese Rap might offend some people. Funny song though.
    Dico is my favorite lol
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited April 2011
    Question:
    Have you heard of this new game called "rock band" due out later this year? It's from the creators of guitar hero, and it is basically another guitar hero only much more. There is lead guitar, bass guitar, drums, and vocals and most of the songs so far are the original cuts. So basically you get a group of friends, all pick an instrument you would like to take part in, and then you can really get the taste of what it's like being in a band. The website for the game is taking requests on songs, so maybe if we get enough people to vote, we'll definatly get to see a song by you guys in the game. Here's the site - www.rockband.com/index.php?do=/public/

asked by zorrodude on 07/07/2007

Answer:
    cool. request CKY 96qbb for the game. I mean c'mon already..

answered by Chad I Ginsburg (CIG) on 07/07/2007
    I've been waiting 3.5 years already!

We need A#1 Roller Rager at least~ plus Frenetic Amnesic, Flesh into Gear, Lost in a Contraption, Disengage the Simulator, and Familiar Realm~ that would be awesome! (and obviously 96 Quite Bitter Beings~)
  • exploderexploder Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    holy crap! I just heard 'chiense rap" I want it in RB and 96QBB!
  • AshtrayHeartAshtrayHeart Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    Flesh Into Gear and anything from their Volume 1 album (especially "To All of You", "96 Quite Bitter Beings", and "Human Drive Hi-Fi".)

Hell, ANYTHING by them would make me very happy. It's just the ones I named would make me worship HMX and the authors of the songs like gods.