Official Discussion: DLC Week of 4/19 - Mastodon, Tommy Tutone, Ohio Players & more!

edited April 2011 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4366572 said:

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (April 19):

• Anberlin –- Breaking”
• Mastodon – - Blood and Thunder” X
• Ohio Players –- “Fire”
• Ohio Players –“- Love Rollercoaster” X
• Relient K –- “Must Have Done Something Right”
• Tommy Tutone –- 867-5309/Jenny” X

(All tracks are original master recordings)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system April 20)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

Discuss!

***EDIT 4/19***

Just got word from Audio that the Nintendo Europe servers are down temporarily and they may not be able to push new DLC live on the Wii internationally today. They're hoping to have servers back up later today or early tomorrow to get content back as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience!

Comments

• ChertensteinChertenstein Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    Definitely a few in there to buy.

Well holy hell, I just realized the three songs I'm interested in are the ones with pro upgrades. Win!
  • dinomandinoman Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    HAHA!! buying it all Harmonix :) thank you
  • HairyManHairyMan Always Rock On The Bright Side Of Life
    edited April 2011
    Awesome. Some nice hard metal type songs (Mastodon), a bunch of "new" songs to hopefully make some of the whiney people knock it off for a bit, and JENNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll only be picking up Tommy Tutone, but that will be so awesomely awesome!

And no Foo Fighters to make all those who thought it was a certainty humble for the second week in a row. :D

Edit: Holy crap. How could i have forgotten the Ohio Players? Two more AWESOME Funk songs! I'm getting those two as well. :D
  • LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    Have to listen to that Amberlin tune, does it have keys? surely pick up B&T, even if it's not my favourite Mastodon tune at all. Wish it was a part of a pack, with some stuff from their latest album which is great. not picking up Jenny :p

Edit: yes it has. Ok, Amberlin/Mastodon, you're next :p
  • JohnnyRhythmJohnnyRhythm Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    YEAH! Relient K! Not the song I would have chosen, but still awesome!
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Just Tommy Tutone for me.
  • NOT_TravisNOT_Travis Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    Don't know the Anberlin tune or the other Ohio Players tune or Relient K, but I'm definitely getting 867-5309. Especially since Jennifer is my wife's first name and that song played at our wedding. :D In fact, all 3 pro upgrade songs will immediately be purchased. Thanks, HMX.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Never heard of anything besides the Mastodon song, but will check them out for sure. Couldn't stand the 1st Anberlin DLC though :S
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited April 2011
    Ohio Players!!!!! Never thought I would see that in this game! Instant buy. "Rollercoaster... of love". Yes! I still didn't get to play the Stevie Nicks because life got in the way... but I have got to play those Ohio Players songs ASAP!

Looking forward to Jenny too...

The rest are not for me, but I am very happy to see some variety.
  • CrazyIvanCrazyIvan Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    Nothing for me. Continues my streak of not buying anything to 15 weeks. Not that HMX has released bad stuff... just nothing that grabs me personally.

Still, like Sayburr, I'm glad to see such a variety of music. I prefer singles weeks over albums or one-artist weeks in general.
  • hek8981hek8981 Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    This is a great and varied week for Rock Band! Something for pretty much everyone

I'll have to check out the Anberlin song, because I've liked what they've done so far.
    Same with Relient K. Not familiar with that particular song, but glad to see them in RB.
    Definitely getting 867-5309. You just can't NOT get that one. It's so classic. Admit it, it's already stuck in your head. :-)
    No Ohio Players for me. Maybe the wife will want those. I don't know. I LIKE the songs, but I just have no desire to play funk.
    I'll check out the Mastodon song, but that stuff isn't usually for me.
  • toad3000toad3000 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Awesome week, buying everything except Mastodon. My inner teenager thanks you for more Anberlin and for Relient K!
  • jasonrosenbaumjasonrosenbaum Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    Probably just "Jenny," though the other songs sound somewhat intriguing. I may snatch them up at a later date.
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited April 2011
    Nothing for me yet again.... Man, haven't seen much DLC for RB3 that I like since launch... :(
  • SpidermaniacSpidermaniac Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    "Jenny" + Pro Upgrade for me.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Mastodon W/ upgrade is insta-buy, pass on Anberlin. Haven't even heard of the rest, will go listen to them.
  • dinomandinoman Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    when i hear Love Rollercoaster.. i always think about the scene from Final Destination 3 :P
  • Whizzer191Whizzer191 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Likely Mastodon for me, with upgrade. I'll have a listen to the rest and see what I like. Don't recognize anything else.
  • LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    Sayburr;4368412 said:
    Ohio Players!!!!! Never thought I would see that in this game! Instant buy. "Rollercoaster... of love". Yes! I still didn't get to play the Stevie Nicks because life got in the way... but I have got to play those Ohio Players songs ASAP!

Looking forward to Jenny too...

The rest are not for me, but I am very happy to see some variety.

Say whaaaat?!?? God, I remember RHCP did a cover of this. Wow, might grab it for the lulz! Glorious indeed :p
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited April 2011
    Blood and Thunder is one of the most fun songs on drums, and that was on Guitar Hero drums, so it will be even better on Rock Band.

More variety weeks like this one please.
  • HairyManHairyMan Always Rock On The Bright Side Of Life
    edited April 2011
    NOT_Travis;4368409 said:
    Don't know the Anberlin tune or the other Ohio Players tune or Relient K, but I'm definitely getting 867-5309. Especially since Jennifer is my wife's first name and that song played at our wedding. :D In fact, all 3 pro upgrade songs will immediately be purchased. Thanks, HMX.

Take a listen to them. I'm pretty confident you'll go "Oh, I know those songs!". "Fire" is a classic, and for the longest time I had no idea who sang it. lol. I then listened to the song on YouTube and instantly remembered it. :D

For "Love Rollercoaster", you've probably heard the RHCP cover of it.
  • NOT_TravisNOT_Travis Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    NOT_Travis;4368409 said:

I forgot to mention: extra, EXTRA thanks to HMX for a full 50% of next week's DLC having Pro upgrades. My Squier will be getting more use. :D
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Maybe Rollercoaster of Love, but I doubt it. Not my kind of week.
  • geo731geo731 Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    Just Jenny and both Ohio players songs for me.
  • jinx405jinx405 Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    Blood and Thunder! Nice! definite buy for me :)
  • Alvarado6411Alvarado6411 Dethbringer
    edited April 2011
    Hey, you guys do know Jenny-8765309 is a Re-Recorded version right?
    Finally, Tommy Tutone will also make their debut next week with the '80s classic “867-5309/Jenny.” The song was originally released on the 1981 album Tommy Tutone 2 and reached No. 4 on the Billboard Hot 100 and No. 1 on the Billboard Top Tracks chart. “867-5309/Jenny” was rerecorded and released on 2010’s Tutone-Ality, which is the version featured in Rock Band.
    Straight from the Blog
    http://www.rockband.com/blog/tutone-relient-mastodon-dlc

Sounds good though,

http://www.amazon.com/Tutone-Ality/dp/B002XSRY3S
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited April 2011
    Great week. Definitely picking up both Ohio Players songs and Tommy Tutone.
  • rab39rab39 Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    Eclectic mix, kind of expected Phish or The Band out of the leaked tracks. The one I'm most amped for is "Blood and Thunder", a 3-for: new, metal and challenging. Always happy with more soul and funk, so OP will be cool, and 867-5309 will be a hoot to sing.

Still,I have a feeling the most downloaded song next week will be Asking Alexandria's "The Next Episode (Rock Band 3 version)" if it hits RBN.

(i think this week killed my mixtape theory...unless i tenuously link 80s songs Stand Back to 867-5309...but unless Mastodon was switched last minute it will be the only week this year since David Bowie that there wasn't a similarity between each two weeks).
  • GAThrawnGAThrawn Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    Excellent, I love 867-5309. Never even heard of any of the other songs, or the artists. And I'm a big music listener from a music family. =\
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited April 2011
    Alvarado6411;4368434 said:
    Hey, you guys do know Jenny-8765309 is a Re-Recorded version right?

Straight from the Blog
    http://www.rockband.com/blog/tutone-relient-mastodon-dlc
    Hmmmm, have not read the blog post yet... still plan on getting it, unless it is a lot different.