Abandoned Pools?

AshtrayHeartAshtrayHeart Rising Star
edited April 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Have they or the owners of their songs (which, though this is assuming, is probably Universal Records) been contacted about RBN by any authors?

Abandoned Pools is a pretty small time band, and I think they'd make great material for RBN, especially with 2.0 up and running. I'm honestly just curious, and really hope they would be interested in putting some of their tracks in RBN. I can't be the only person who would like to see their tracks, right?

Although, I will admit, there has been little activity in the band besides a single new track as of recently.

Comments

• BehonkissBehonkiss Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    It's actually a one-man band, if I remember correctly. Armed to the Teeth is a great album, and I would love to see his work in the game too.
  • AshtrayHeartAshtrayHeart Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    You're right. I thought there were members but they left or something. My bad.

I'd love anything from either album Humanistic or Armed to the Teeth. Seriously, ANY track from there and I'll be happy . . . except maybe Tighter Noose.
  • DarkEternal37DarkEternal37 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, the one guy is Tommy Walter. All the other members of the band were session musicians as far as I can remember. There might have been one other guy that had more than just a small hand in Abandoned Pools.

Either way, I'd definitely love to see anything from Humanistic or Armed to the Teeth.
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    AshtrayHeart;4369795 said:
    Have they or the owners of their songs (which, though this is assuming, is probably Universal Records) been contacted about RBN by any authors?
    That's your problem right there, of the big four record labels (UMG, Warner, EMI and Sony) only Warner and EMI have shown the slightest interest in RBN, and EMI pulled out early on and seem to be very much out of it now. Even Warner have only released three tracks by one band in what seemed like a pretty special case.

Which isn't to say give up hope completely, just don't expect a big four band to happen any time soon.
    edited April 2011
    ^Actually, things might have changed;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandoned_Pools

"Walter wrote in his online journal that Universal Records had stopped promoting the album. He subsequently quit the label, also noting that Abandoned Pools is once again a one-man project."

Does this mean they no longer hold rights to Abandoned Pools and their songs? I'm honestly not sure.
  • hek8981hek8981 Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    Man, I would love to see some Abandoned Pools in RB. If you guys sleuth out who we should be sending emails to ask to see if they're interested, count me in.
    edited April 2011
    The most I can find is two separate Twitter accounts. One for Abandoned Pools, and another for Tommy himself.

No legitimate e-mail address, though.
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    AshtrayHeart;4370472 said:
    ^Actually, things might have changed;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandoned_Pools

"Walter wrote in his online journal that Universal Records had stopped promoting the album. He subsequently quit the label, also noting that Abandoned Pools is once again a one-man project."

Does this mean they no longer hold rights to Abandoned Pools and their songs? I'm honestly not sure.

UMG would probably still hold the rights to any albums released with them. Assuming he doesn't sign on to another major label (or a large indie label that doesn't like RBN), any future stuff probably would be RBN-able.
  • BehonkissBehonkiss Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    Guess what? I found his official Facebook page and left a comment asking if he knew about and was interested in RBN, and just got this response:
    That's definitely something we'd be interested in.
    http://www.facebook.com/AbandonedPools is the address. Charting groups who read this should try and get in touch with him through it!
    edited April 2011
    Oh my God, thank you! Why didn't I do that myself? Anyway, awesome!

What authoring group should one of us talk to? One that'd be interested in an alternative band like Abandoned Pools?