Complaint about "Half Crazy" chart. (Jukebox the Ghost)

atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
edited April 2011 in The Rock Band Network
I was super excited to see a tier 6 keys song coming from the RBN2.
Unfortunately, I was very disappointed to see that the keys were charted horribly throughout each verse.

In short, for those who haven't seen the chart or cannot find it anywhere, it has a YB Y YB succession that is very quick. It requires you to hit the yellow button 3 times, but the tempo is so fast, it's very hard to do it quick enough to fulfill the requirements for the hitbox, and impossible to hit it on beat.

Comments

• GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited April 2011
    I thought it was actually going to be a charting error, not speed whining.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    As far as the charting rules go, it IS a charting error.
    edited April 2011
    If it actually is(I can't find a video of it on regular keys, so can't tell), then it's a little too late regardless.
    edited April 2011
    Hence the "complaint"
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    Left hand on the octave below?
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited April 2011
    Evidently it wasn't a charting error, since it made it through several playtests and peer reviews without anybody declaring it a charting error
    edited April 2011
    HeyRiles;4373176 said:
    Evidently it wasn't a charting error, since it made it through several playtests and peer reviews without anybody declaring it a charting error

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3lN5fVACfw
    It happens.

I can guarantee that it is impossible to play this song without using the octave below (which goes against how HMX charts keys and how I hold the keys)
    edited April 2011
    atalkingfish;4373233 said:
    I can guarantee that it is impossible to play this song without using the octave below (which goes against how HMX charts keys and how I hold the keys)
    Impossible to play, even though the 'problem' area is three whole notes, at least two of which you could easily hit?
    edited April 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4373236 said:
    Impossible to play, even though the 'problem' area is three whole notes, at least two of which you could easily hit?

Yeah, well missing a note every 2 measures isn't something I really like the idea of.

When HMX releases a song with more than 2 notes that close together (time-wise), then I'll be convinced it's okay.

Also, I'm sure you didn't mean or know this, but a "whole note" is a musical term that completely do not represent the duration of those notes.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Considering Operation Ground and Pound's guitar chart, Young Man Blues' drum chart (seriously, only a handful of people have hit some of the rolls on 90% speed), etc., I don't think Harmonix cares about stuff being "impossible" to hit.
    edited April 2011
    DragoonXD;4373971 said:
    Considering Operation Ground and Pound's guitar chart, Young Man Blues' drum chart (seriously, only a handful of people have hit some of the rolls on 90% speed), etc., I don't think Harmonix cares about stuff being "impossible" to hit.
    Yeah, but those are charts that are actually being played by people (as far as notes per second) this is a note bend or something and could much more accurately be charted as
    o - o
    - o -
    o - o

or

o - o
    o - o
    - o -

Rather than

o - o
    o o o
  • Odin ForceOdin Force Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Okay, I drove 20 miles to a buddy's house last night to check it out.

While I see what you're saying about it being difficult, it isn't an error. It's a choice and it isn't IMPOSSIBLE.
    edited April 2011
    Odin Force;4374599 said:
    Okay, I drove 20 miles to a buddy's house last night to check it out.

While I see what you're saying about it being difficult, it isn't an error. It's a choice and it isn't IMPOSSIBLE.

You drove 20 miles just to check it out?

It's not impossible to play (as I said earlier) but it is impossible to hit those three notes on beat (which I also said earlier). Also, it's not fun, nor does it make sense. If you wanted to make a sound like that on a real keyboard, the last thing you'd have to do is hit frequently with one finger.
  • Odin ForceOdin Force Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    atalkingfish;4374613 said:
    You drove 20 miles just to check it out?

It's not impossible to play (as I said earlier) but it is impossible to hit those three notes on beat (which I also said earlier). Also, it's not fun, nor does it make sense. If you wanted to make a sound like that on a real keyboard, the last thing you'd have to do is hit frequently with one finger.
    Yeah, I have a buddy out in the boondockies who buys every song on XBOX. I have PS3 (and want this song).

It's incredibly hard to hold the beat and do it correclty, I agree. However, there are some drum songs like this (especially on Hard, moreso than Expert, strangely) and a lot of other occasions I just can't think of. I'll keep my eyes peeled, but there's most likely (IMO) been a time HMX did something like this.

Could it have been charted a different way- yes. Should have been? Maybe. I think they were trying to keep it the NIGHTMARE on keys that it really is.

PS: I want Mika in RB, too. Life in Cartoon Motion all the way!
    edited April 2011
    Odin Force;4374643 said:
    Yeah, I have a buddy out in the boondockies who buys every song on XBOX. I have PS3 (and want this song).

It's incredibly hard to hold the beat and do it correclty, I agree. However, there are some drum songs like this (especially on Hard, moreso than Expert, strangely) and a lot of other occasions I just can't think of. I'll keep my eyes peeled, but there's most likely (IMO) been a time HMX did something like this.

Could it have been charted a different way- yes. Should have been? Maybe. I think they were trying to keep it the NIGHTMARE on keys that it really is.

PS: I want Mika in RB, too. Life in Cartoon Motion all the way!

Yeah, it's not bad enough to go "ZOMG DON'T BUY THIS" cus it's still totally a fun song, I just don't think that the style of charting they chose for that part reflex how HMX would have wanted it to be.

PS: I know, really? I would actually prefer some songs from The Boy Who Knew Too Much