Chart Toppers Authoring: RBN2 News, Releases, and Previews!

ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
edited November 2013 in The Rock Band Network
This is the official Chart Toppers Authoring News, Previews, and Releases thread. Here, I will maintain a list of all songs we have available, as well as all songs we can announce. I will do my best to keep this updated as often as possible, and of course there will be updates each time a song of ours is released.

If you've bought our songs, we thank you and hope you've enjoyed our offerings.

ALL SONGS RELEASED BY CHART TOPPERS AUTHORING CONTAIN PRO DRUMS.

[CENTER]Follow us online![/CENTER]

Official Website
Twitter
Facebook
YouTube

[CENTER]Contests:[/CENTER]

PON DE FIOR Pro Keys FC Contest (Type: Skill) (Prize: 800 MSP)
Twitter Follower Contest (Type: Trivia) (Prize: 320 MSP every 50 followers) (Milestone: 200 Followers)

[CENTER]Currently Available Xbox Songs:[/CENTER]

Tiering Structure:

RBN1: (Guitar/Drums/Bass/Vocals/Band)
RBN2: (Guitar/Drums/Bass/Vocals (Harmonies)/Keys/Pro Keys/Band)

Tiers will be ranked from 0 (no dots) to 6 (devil tier). If a song has no part, its tier will be N. If the song has vocal harmonies, then the number of vocalists will be listed next to the tier with wither 2P or 3P.

RBN1:

[COLOR=\"red\"][URL=\"youtube.com/watch?v=18XQlqyKuQE\"]Shylo Elliott – Light[/URL] (1/0/0/N/0)
[URL=\"youtube.com/watch?v=msHSZ62t4vk\"]Shylo Elliott – Bittersweet Melancholy[/URL] (3/3/0/N/2)
[URL=\"youtube.com/watch?v=nl_Cycx7Iak\"]Shylo Elliott – Far Wanderings[/URL] (4/N/N/N/4)
[URL=\"youtube.com/watch?v=mAwMPpa6qCk\"]Shylo Elliott – Drum Exercises for the Sufficiently Masochistic[/URL] (N/6/N/N/6)
[URL=\"youtube.com/watch?v=feq-vaUiPvU\"]Shylo Elliott – P.W.M.O.[/URL] (5/5/3/N/4)
[URL=\"youtube.com/watch?v=SWGfgDZrc0M\"]Broken Equilibrium – Epitome of Misery[/URL] (2/4/2/2/3)
[URL=\"youtube.com/watch?v=TZlAdjs7u2E\"]Broken Equilibrium – November[/URL] (1/3/2/1/1)
[URL=\"youtube.com/watch?v=zMFRikFT6hE\"]Shylo Elliott – Alpha Strike[/URL] (6/6/5/N//6)
[URL=\"youtube.com/watch?v=Z4RNnk-sifY\"]Rainbowdragoneyes – Creatures ov Deception[/URL] (6/6/5/2/6)
[URL=\"youtube.com/watch?v=zMFRikFT6hE\"]Shylo Elliott - Alpha Strike (2x Bass Pedal)[/URL] (6/6/5/N/6)
[URL=\"youtube.com/watch?v=SWGfgDZrc0M\"]Broken Equilibrium – Epitome of Misery (2x Bass Pedal)[/URL] (2/4/2/2/3)
[URL=\"youtube.com/watch?v=TZlAdjs7u2E\"]Broken Equilibrium - November (2x Bass Pedal)[/URL] (1/4/2/1/1)
[URL=\"youtube.com/watch?v=Z4RNnk-sifY\"]Rainbowdragoneyes - Creatures ov Deception (2x Bass Pedal)[/URL] (6/6/5/2/6)
[URL=\"youtube.com/watch?v=8gNLosEzJTo\"]Kylie D. Hart - Firehouse Bar[/URL] (4/3/1/3/3)
[URL=\"youtube.com/watch?v=0ppxN46GHbY\"]Jacob Chaney - Cluster #2 (RB2 Version)[/URL] (6/6/5/N/6)[/COLOR]

RBN2:

[CODE]Kurodust - Doll in the Dust (4/1/1/2 (3P)/N/N/3)
Askari Nari - Mercury Blooming (1/2/3/N/2/4/3)
LeetStreet Boys - Expert Mode (6/4/1/2 (3P)/6/6/4)
Shylo Elliott - Cool Concoction (6/6/1/N/6/6/6)
Winter Crescent - Battle of Egos Part I (6/6/5/3 (3P)/N/N/6)
Winter Crescent - Battle of Egos Part I (2x Bass Pedal) (6/6/5/3 (3P)/N/N/6)
SNMT - PON DE FIOR (4/3/5/N/6/6/5)
Psyguy - Wha-Chow Theme (Feat. ShadyVox) (6/6/N/3 (3P)/N/N/6)
Askari Nari - Cluster #2 (N/6/5/N/6/6/6)
Pierce the Veil - Caraphernelia (4/6/2/3 (3P)/1/2/4)
Active Knowledge - Dance Battle Alpha (3/4/4/N/5/6/5)
Paul and Storm - Fuzzy Man (Fuzzy Nation) (3/2/0/3 (3P)/1/3/3)
Daryle Stephen Ackerman - Run Away With Me (1/N/0/1/0/0/1)
Shylo Elliott - Dark Escape (5/6/4/N/4/5/5)
Active Knowledge - Reality Down (4/0/2/N/4/5/4)
Rainbowdragoneyes - Heavy Weather - The Storm ov The Undead (6/6/6/6 (3P)/6/6/6)
Rainbowdragoneyes - Heavy Weather - The Storm ov The Undead (2x Bass Pedal) (6/6/6/6 (3P)/6/6/6)
Active Knowledge - The Fractal Reason (6/6/4/N/5/6/6)
Askari Nari - A Tadg30 Song (5/5/6/N/6/6/6)
Nod 206 - Ocaso Escarlata (2/4/2/1 (3P)/0/0/3)
Broken Equilibrium - Culling the Weak (3/4/4/3 (3P)/N/N/4)
Broken Equilibrium - Culling the Weak (2x Bass Pedal) (3/5/4/3 (3P)/N/N/4)
Winter Crescent - Battle of Egos Intro (2/5/3/2 (3P)/N/N/3)
SIMPL3JACK - Song For Meg (3/3/1/3 (3P)/N/N/3)
Spassm - Ghost of Fallen Pluto (Instrumental) (5/2/2/N/2/3/3)
Rainbowdragoneyes - Creatures ov Deception (RB3 version) (6/6/5/4 (3P)/6/6/6)
Rainbowdragoneyes - Creatures ov Deception (RB3 2x Bass Pedal) (6/6/5/4 (3P)/6/6/6)
SNMT - SEX (3/N/N/0 (3P)/2/2/3)
Bikey ft. Dapper AJ - No Shaking (2/2/0/0 (3P)/1/1/1)
Bikey ft. Alyce - I'm Dancing! (0/2/0/1 (3P)/2/2/1)
Sifting - All the Hated (3/5/3/1 (2P)/N/N/3)
Skylliton - Crabplosion (2/5/3/1 (3P)/N/N/4)
[URL="rockband.com/songs/UGC_5009451"]Nod 206 - En Donde Duermen Los Sue

Comments

• ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    Loving the overall reactions to SNMT. It's a good balance of "WTF" and "awesome." Which pretty much describes the songs and charts.

Quick update to the OP: "Doll in the Dust" has passed Peer Review, and should be available in the store when it updates Thursday! It's our first RBN2 track and our first with harmonies!
  • alicethesisteralicethesister Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    Man that SNMT sounds like a bunch of raucous. What kind of sick person would make that sort of stuff? :p
    edited April 2011
    alicethesister;4377306 said:
    Man that SNMT sounds like a bunch of raucous. What kind of sick person would make that sort of stuff? :p

I know man, what kind of twisted individual could spawn such a creation? :p
    edited April 2011
    Kurodust's "Doll in the Dust" is now available for download! It's our first RBN2 song featuring 3-part harmonies and a pretty sweet guitar solo. Pick it up today, and also pick up Kurodust's full-length debut album "Containment Failure" absolutely free!

We're hoping to make some announcements very soon, so stay tuned and thanks for supporting us in our quest to bring RBN amazing new music!
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    edited April 2011
    Arcanon;4380998 said:
    ... and also pick up Kurodust's full-length debut album "Containment Failure" absolutely free!

I'll take that, thank you
    edited May 2011
    Hey guys, how is everyone doing today? I hope you’ve all been enjoying our latest release, “Mercury Blooming” by Askari Nari. If you haven’t picked it up yet, what are you waiting for? It has the 3rd ever bass solo in the Rock Band platform, and was picked as an RBN Highlight! Buy it now for only 80 MSP!

Now you guys probably want to hear about new songs and artists right? Of course you do…you didn’t come into this thread to hear about this one time I saw a bird eat a cicada! (Which totally happened.) Let’s see, what do I do first…oh yeah, how about some preview videos! We got two videos of previously announced and totally awesome Shylo Elliott songs right here!

Shylo Elliott – “Cool Concoction”
    Shylo Elliott – “Dark Escape”

Something messed up with the video of the new Rainbowdragoneyes track, so expect that to be up sometime next week. All three of these songs are making their way through Peer Review right now!

Now for the new stuff. We’re proud to announce that we’re going to bring the LeetStreet Boys to Rock Band! You may know them if you frequent anime conventions, as they are one of the most requested bands at those places! They sing about a lot of stuff gamers and otaku would love, including Rock Band itself! That’s right, we’re bringing you “Expert Mode” off of their Otaku Hearts album! Dawg, I herd you like Rock Band, so we’re putting Rock Band in your Rock Band so you can Rock Band while you Rock Band! (Did I mention the song is about Rock Band yet?) This track has two blistering guitar solos and unrelenting keyboard, as well as epic 3-part harmonies! Check out a preview video here, and look for it coming soon, as it’s headed to Peer Review!

The other announcement we’ll make today is that the Greek progressive metal band Winter Crescent is coming to Rock Band! Winter Crescent, hailing from Heraklion, Crete, will be bringing 6 out of 7 songs from their 2009 “Battle of Egos” demo CD, rewarded “Pick of the Month” by the Greek Metal Hammer in September 2009. They are our first non-electronic metal signing, and they will rock you. Hard. For you hardcore drummers out there, each song will also have a 2x Bass Pedal version! Check out a preview here of the first song, “Battle of Egos Part I,” which will be hitting playtesting soon!

That’s all for now, but we expect to have a few more exciting announcements sometime next week, including some new chiptune stuff! Seriously. If you somehow still aren’t excited about all this stuff, maybe the next things we announce will get you pumped. Stay in the know by subscribing to our Facebook, Twitter and YouTube accounts, and thanks for all your support so far as we continue to bring Rock Band more amazing music.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    Arcanon;4405034 said:
    The other announcement we’ll make today is that the Greek progressive metal band Winter Crescent is coming to Rock Band!
    Wow, excited to see them coming to Rock Band!
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    Will Battle of Egos include the "intro" found in this video? Hopefully.

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say the inclusion of Children of Nova, Andromeda and now this Winter Crescent totally makes up for the extreme lack of Dream Theater ;)
    edited May 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4405151 said:

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say the inclusion of Children of Nova, Andromeda and now this Winter Crescent totally makes up for the extreme lack of Dream Theater ;)

Unfortunately not. The intro is the one song off the album the band doesn't want us to do. I'm hoping they'll change their minds once their songs start selling, I'd love to have it in to complete the album.

Maybe if people ask them nicely, they may give us the song as well. They love their fans so maybe they'll consider it. I'd love to work on that intro.
    edited June 2011
    Happy Thursday guys! Thursdays are an exciting day for RBN, since all the new stuff comes out today! I think we’ll make our announcements on Thursdays from now on. We have no new releases this week, but we anticipate one very soon. We’re hoping to see “Expert Mode” by LeetStreet Boys out sometime next week! It’s still in review, but we’re optimistic about its passing.

Anyways, announcements. Last time, we gave you a few preview vids, but we left out Rainbowdragoneyes due to a problem with the video. We fixed it, and here is a preview of Heavy Weather – The Storm ov The Undead! Shown is the 2x Bass Pedal version of the song. Both versions will be making their way to Peer Review soon!

Rainbowdragoneyes has also released a promo video for his Primordial Booze album, now available in limited-edition hard copy complete with Certificate ov Authenticity numbered 1 through 50! That’s right, only 50 copies were made and a few are already gone, so act fast! If you order this hard copy, and write something about yourself in the Note to Seller at checkout, you will receive a personalized limerick from Rainbowdragoneyes himself! There’s also options for adding in...other things…go check it out for yourself.

Those of you who keep up with RBN news will no doubt have seen “One-Night-Stand Man” by Daryle Stephen Ackerman come out during RBN1. We are proud to announce that we are bringing an additional SIX of Daryle’s songs to RBN, with the possibility of more to come after that! These tracks for the most part are pretty piano-heavy, so Pro Keys enthusiasts will want to check these out! One song even has rhythm guitar authored to keys! That’s right, we went there. Check out our blog post for more info on all these songs.

This next one is rather big, and will come as a surprise to some of you. Courtesy of Equal Vision Records, we are bringing “Caraphernelia” by Pierce the Veil to the Rock Band Network! We have taken over this project, and have fully updated the song with 3-part vocal harmonies and keyboard charts! The keys are rather sparse, admittedly, but there is a solo! Featuring Jeremy McKinnon of A Day To Remember as a guest vocalist, this track is a must-have for any Rock Band player. We’re putting it through a round of testing, and soon after it should be on its way to the store at last! Check out the preview here! (Note: This song does have proper practice sections. This video just isn’t showing them.)

Finally, we’d like to announce that we’re hiring! Yes, our small team has been doing good on its own so far, but we’re starting to get a lot more songs to work on. Like, a LOT more songs. Full albums and stuff. So we need some more hands on deck. If you’d like to apply to be an author, fill out our application form! We’ve got lots of cool songs to work on, and we’d love your help getting them ready to go!

That’s all for now. We still have a lot more unannounced stuff coming, including two awesome chiptune artists (one of which is bringing a full album’s worth of goodness) and a partnership with an awesome local record label that’s bringing some really intense stuff. My only hint: it’s not metal. Begin the speculation. :)

Thank you for your support so far, and have an awesome day!
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Pierce the Veil are excellent news!
    edited June 2011
    siee;4417721 said:
    Pierce the Veil are excellent news!

I couldn't agree more. I'm glad to help it finally come out.

One more piece of last-minute news...Expert Mode has passed Peer Review and will be in next week's store update! Guitarists and keyboard players should warm up their hands for this one, you'll need endurance to pass these songs on Expert Mode. :)
  • ShoTTySLanKiNShoTTySLanKiN Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Arcanon;4417958 said:
    I couldn't agree more. I'm glad to help it finally come out.

One more piece of last-minute news...Expert Mode has passed Peer Review and will be in next week's store update! Guitarists and keyboard players should warm up their hands for this one, you'll need endurance to pass these songs on Expert Mode. :)
    So let me start by saying Thank You! Ever since this song was announced and it was made clear that it would have harmonies & keyboard I was even more excited than before. I'm also very excited to see that Jeremy'svocals are charted seperately per the preview video.

So other than that your post above if I'm reading correct means I'll playing this song next week?
    edited June 2011
    ShoTTySLanKiN;4418017 said:
    So let me start by saying Thank You! Ever since this song was announced and it was made clear that it would have harmonies & keyboard I was even more excited than before. I'm also very excited to see that Jeremy'svocals are charted seperately per the preview video.

So other than that your post above if I'm reading correct means I'll playing this song next week?

If you mean the Pierce the Veil song, not yet. We are going to upload that song for one quick round of testing this week to make sure all is good before we pass it to the label for Peer Review. We'll do everything we can to make sure it passes quick.

The LeetStreet Boys song, "Expert Mode" is currently our only offering in the next update. We may be able to squeeze at least one more song in to join it, but it won't be Caraphernelia.
  • ShoTTySLanKiNShoTTySLanKiN Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Thanks for the quick response! I figured it wasn't "Caraphernelia" but that's why I asked.
  • Winter_CrescentWinter_Crescent Unsigned
    edited June 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4405151 said:

Thank you so much for your kind words!!! We are going to put battle intro also cause you asked for it my friend !!! :-)
  • Winter_CrescentWinter_Crescent Unsigned
    edited June 2011
    Arcanon;4375349 said:
    New thread for RBN2 releases!

This is the official Chart Toppers Authoring News, Previews, and Releases thread. Here, I will maintain a list of all songs we have available, as well as all songs we can announce. I will do my best to keep this updated as often as possible, and of course there will be updates each time a song of ours is released.

We hope to bring some really amazing stuff to the table, and we hope you enjoy them. If you've bought our songs, the staff at CTA thanks you and hopes that you've enjoyed our offerings.

ALL SONGS RELEASED BY CHART TOPPERS AUTHORING CONTAIN PRO DRUMS. If no toms are charted, the song has no toms.

Since RB3's new tiering option doesn't fully represent the difficulty of RBN songs, I will be putting tiers next to all our released songs on this list so you know what you're in for.

[CENTER]About Us:[/CENTER]

Chart Toppers Authoring, LLC is a Rock Band Network authoring company based in Tennessee. We pride ourselves in bringing amazing artists to the Rock Band Network platform and increasing the exposure of lesser-known artists as well as more established acts.

Please visit the following links to know more about us and keep track of our songs.

http://www.charttoppersauthoring.com
    http://www.twitter.com/charttoppers
    http://www.facebook.com/charttoppersauthoring
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CTAuthoring

[CENTER]Our Announced Artists:[/CENTER]

Shylo Elliott
    Broken Equilibrium
    Rainbowdragoneyes
    Kylie D. Hart
    Jacob Chaney/Askari Nari
    Kurodust
    SNMT
    LeetStreet Boys
    Winter Crescent
    Daryle Stephen Ackerman
    Pierce the Veil

[CENTER]Record Labels/Publishers We've Worked With:[/CENTER]

Rage Not Rave
    Pink Dragonfly Publishing/Rebel Rose Music
    Black Flower Music
    Equal Vision Records

[CENTER]Currently Available Songs: [/CENTER]

Tiering Structure:

(Guitar/Drums/Bass/Vocals (Harmonies)/Keys/Pro Keys/Band)

Tiers will be ranked from 0 (no dots) to 6 (devil tier). If a song has no part, its tier will be listed as N. If the song contains vocal harmonies, then the number of vocalists will be listed next to the vocal tier with a P next to it, like 2P and 3P. Songs are listed in order of release. RBN2 songs begin with "Doll in the Dust."

Shylo Elliott – Light (1/0/0/N/N/N/0)
    Shylo Elliott – Bittersweet Melancholy (3/3/0/N/N/N/2)
    Shylo Elliott – Far Wanderings (4/N/N/N/N/N/4)
    Shylo Elliott – Drum Exercises for the Sufficiently Masochistic (N/6/N/N/N/N/6)
    Shylo Elliott – P.W.M.O. (5/5/3/N/N/N/4)
    Broken Equilibrium – Epitome of Misery (2/4/2/2/N/N/3)
    Broken Equilibrium – November (1/3/2/1/N/N/1)
    Shylo Elliott – Alpha Strike (6/6/5/N/N/N/6)
    Rainbowdragoneyes – Creatures ov Deception (6/6/5/2/N/N/6)
    Shylo Elliott - Alpha Strike (2x Bass Pedal) (6/6/5/N/N/N/6)
    Broken Equilibrium – Epitome of Misery (2x Bass Pedal) (2/4/2/2/N/N/3)
    Broken Equilibrium - November (2x Bass Pedal) (1/4/2/1/N/N/1)
    Rainbowdragoneyes - Creatures ov Deception (2x Bass Pedal) (6/6/5/2/N/N/6)
    Kylie D. Hart - Firehouse Bar (4/3/1/3/N/N/3)
    Jacob Chaney - Cluster #2 (RB2 Version) (6/6/5/N/N/N/6)
    Kurodust - Doll in the Dust (4/1/1/2 (3P)/N/N/3)
    Askari Nari - Mercury Blooming (1/2/3/N/2/4/3)

[CENTER]Songs in Quarantine:[/CENTER]

LeetStreet Boys - Expert Mode

[CENTER]Songs in Peer Review:[/CENTER]

Shylo Elliott - Cool Concoction
    Shylo Elliott - Dark Escape

[CENTER]Songs in Playtesting:[/CENTER]

Askari Nari - Cluster #2
    Rainbowdragoneyes - Heavy Weather - The Storm ov The Undead
    SNMT - PON DE FIOR

[CENTER]Songs Announced: (Songs marked with * will have a 2x Bass Pedal Version)[/CENTER]

Broken Equilibrium - Culling the Weak *
    Broken Equilibrium - Devour *
    Broken Equilibrium - Etchings
    Broken Equilibrium - Separation
    Daryle Stephen Ackerman - Run Away With Me
    Daryle Stephen Ackerman - Half a Chance
    Daryle Stephen Ackerman - Sarah
    Daryle Stephen Ackerman - Gave It My All
    Daryle Stephen Ackerman - Tear My Heart in Two
    Daryle Stephen Ackerman - The Mississippi Flows
    Pierce the Veil - Caraphernelia
    SNMT - !!!!zzz
    SNMT - SEX
    Winter Crescent - Battle of Egos Part I *
    Winter Crescent - Battle of Egos Part II *
    Winter Crescent - Furrow *
    Winter Crescent - My Last Will *
    Winter Crescent - Winter Crescent *
    Winter Crescent - Lost in Dreams *

We cant wait to see our songs in action !!!
  • SideshowJackSideshowJack Unsigned
    edited June 2011
    I didn't know who you guys were 10 mins ago but after listening to a song, I've concluded that Winter Crescent is great.
    edited June 2011
    Winter_Crescent;4418914 said:
    Thank you so much for your kind words!!! We are going to put battle intro also cause you asked for it my friend !!! :-)

Updated the OP to reflect the addition of Battle of Egos Intro. There will be no 2x Bass Pedal version due to insufficient kicks.

With this addition, we can now say we are bringing the "Battle of Egos" demo to RBN in its entirety. That would be our second ever announced full album! (The first being Shylo Elliott's "Proof of Concept," which is four song releases away from completion!)
    edited June 2011
    Winter_Crescent;4418914 said:

Awesome. Many thanks!

Arcanon, is the intro going to be fused with Part 1? Would be kind of odd to play this "intro" separately.
    edited June 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4420225 said:
    Arcanon, is the intro going to be fused with Part 1? Would be kind of odd to play this "intro" separately.

For the moment at least, it will not be. We still have yet to receive stems for the intro, and Part I has already been completed and put into playtesting. We'll explore all our options, but chances are high that the intro will be a separate song and the ending of the intro made so it doesn't stop suddenly. I'll know more once stems are in our hands.
    edited June 2011
    Alrighty then.

Hopefully it can all work out with putting it with Part 1. Not to mention it'd also been sort of dumb paying 80-160msp just for an "intro". Even if it is a 3 or so minutes long.
    edited June 2011
    Two new things to talk about today:

-"Battle of Egos Intro" by Winter Crescent will be a separate song on its own, and will not have a 2x Bass Pedal version. It, as well as all Winter Crescent tracks from "Battle of Egos," will be 80 points. The Intro is a full song in its own right, spanning almost 4 minutes and featuring some great instrument work and some awesome harmonies. I can assure you the song is definitely worth the price on its own.
    -"Expert Mode" by LeetStreet Boys is out today! For only 80 points, grab this awesome song featuring blistering keys, two face-melting guitar solos, and epic vocal harmonies! The band is running a promotional campaign which includes a story arc for their webcomic based on the song! Go check that out, it's pretty cool.

Hope to have more announcements for you guys soon!
    edited June 2011
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    So glad to see you got LeetStreet Boys. I hope you guys can get Yuri The Only One For Me or Guitar Hero Hero :D
    edited June 2011
    GameMaster439;4423885 said:
    So glad to see you got LeetStreet Boys. I hope you guys can get Yuri The Only One For Me or Guitar Hero Hero :D

The copyright issues for those songs might be a bit hard to work through, but we'll see what we can do. I can't confirm or deny anything at this point though.
  • MegaIronDragonDethMegaIronDragonDeth Post Ratio > 3 a Day
    edited June 2011
    I got the song "Expert Mode" and I think it's an ok song, but I only got it because I thought it'd be difficult on expert guitar because it's devil tiered on guitar but I was dissapointed and I'm just saying this because I don't like it when people over tier songs on guitar IMO (maybe it's not overtiered to some people) but if this is devil tiered - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK-Npth4o7g then shouldn't it look something like this in guitar difficulty - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8NOW6-ccfE
  • turnitup321turnitup321 Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    MegaIronDragonDeth;4432124 said:
    I got the song "Expert Mode" and I think it's an ok song, but I only got it because I thought it'd be difficult on expert guitar because it's devil tiered on guitar but I was dissapointed and I'm just saying this because I don't like it when people over tier songs on guitar IMO (maybe it's not overtiered to some people) but if this is devil tiered - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK-Npth4o7g then shouldn't it look something like this in guitar difficulty - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8NOW6-ccfE
    So now all devil-tiered songs have to be Diachylon (aka instant fail)?

If it had been on disc, I could see Expert Mode being the start of the Impossible tier.
  • MegaIronDragonDethMegaIronDragonDeth Post Ratio > 3 a Day
    edited June 2011
    turnitup321;4432272 said:
    So now all devil-tiered songs have to be Diachylon (aka instant fail)?

If it had been on disc, I could see Expert Mode being the start of the Impossible tier.

I was just saying that I was dissapointed because I though that a devil-tiered song meant it'd be difficult, which is fun for myself, but the chart wasn't fun and it is no where near the difficulty of some devil tiered songs (like Diachylon). So I just hope that songs of this (expert mode's) difficulty on guitar don't get over tiered again, because I thought devil tiered meant some of the hardest songs in the game and "expert mode" is no where near the difficulty of some songs that are 5 on guitar and not even devil tiered like - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUmZ7Qor7Ys
    and for myself who plays quite a bit for difficulty which the tiers are for (and can confuse you if over/under tiered into buying a song you don't want) mostly people who are looking for a specific difficulty, Diachylon is no insta fail.

But I do agree that if "expert mode" was on the RB3 game disc that it should be on Impossible difficulty. Because the whole RB3 game on guitar was quite easy, so this song would be a challenge in the on disc game.

Also, I'm not really wanting or trying to argue, but just saying that I think "Expert Mode" is over-tiered but not trying to start an argument and I sortof like the song but it wasn't what I expected when looking at the difficulty tier.

I guess what I should do (and will do) in the future is instead of basing if I might get a track basede on it's difficulty tier I'll look at the chart on youtube.com before purchasing and before I thought I could rely on the tier but I guess I just live and learn, no hard feelings? I'm sorry if I came off as a person who just complains and wants to argue, but I was just a little frusterated that I expected a bit too much out of a track because of it's tier, sorry if I bothered you.
  • TheAnimeCowTheAnimeCow Unsigned
    edited June 2011
    Not all devil tier songs are dumb difficulty. Devil tier is reserved for any song that's difficult to a point where people would fail it easily, witch is why EM has the guitar tiering it does. (The solos are killer to the point of failing for the average player)