Chart Toppers Authoring: RBN2 News, Releases, and Previews!

Comments

• MegaIronDragonDethMegaIronDragonDeth Post Ratio > 3 a Day
    edited June 2011
    turnitup321;4432429 said:
    Reaper, like every other RBN1 track in the Impossible tier, got bumped down to 5 in RB3 due to a change in the tiering system. So, not a good comparison.

Yeah I learned that yesterday, and yeah I now agree that "expert mode" should be in the devil tier, but my problem was that in the past and when I was looking for a challenge. I'd look at devil tiered songs and saw this and got it. I was dissapointed because I thought it would be more difficult (my mistake). But now I have learned to look up the chart on youtube first, and yes that's sortof a no brainer, but I thought that devil tiered songs would be the difficulty level I was looking for, but I was wrong. So I hope I didn't bother anyone and was just saying I was disapointed and not trying to start any arguments though now when I think about it. It was sortof bound to happen though I didn't do it intentionally. So everything's ok?
  • MegaIronDragonDethMegaIronDragonDeth Post Ratio > 3 a Day
    edited June 2011
    AskariNari;4432436 said:
    This, this, this. If you sort by difficulty, then go to about the middle of the 5th tier and see all the RBN tracks lumped together with some Chaotrope songs, those are RBN1 tracks that are supposed to be devil tiered. Also, tiering is always subjective. Just because a song isn't Chaotrope or DragonForce insane doesn't mean it shouldn't be devil tiered. I personally haven't seen the chart, so I can't specifically comment on it.

I can hope you enjoy the song regardless of the difficulty or lack thereof. If you want to be safe from now on you should get the preview first or look up a YouTube video of the chart, if a video has been uploaded, that is.

I actually enjoy expert mode a bit, but I mainly bought it for a challenge. I enjoy many songs that aren't difficult but only got "expert mode", in the first place for a challenge. Though it is a bit challenging, it is still a bit fun to play like other songs that aren't so difficult. Yes, I don't know why, sometimes I do look songs up on youtube to see charts, but this time I hadn't, my mistake. Though the song's not bad at all, so it's not a really bad mistake. Just a bit of a dissapointment, and I was wrong to say it shouldn't be devil tiered, but I was just a bit dissapointed and not thinking things through, sorry.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited June 2011
    Happy Thursday to all! Lots of cool stuff coming out today. Unfortunately, nothing from us, though we hope to change that soon!

Anyways, we have four new things to announce. Only one is a new artist announcement though, so we’ll save that one for last.

First off, we have affiliated ourselves with Killer Hype, a service that connects artists to a large amount of opportunities in the music industry, such as film/TV licensing and record label deals! As part of our partnership, any artist that signs up to have songs on the RBN with Chart Toppers Authoring and publishes at least one song to the Rock Band Network will have the option to receive a free month of Killer Hype’s services! This applies to all of our current artists with music on the RBN as well! I am confident that our partnership will lead to new opportunities for our two companies and the artists we represent.

This one will interest you guys looking for some music to buy. Winter Crescent’s demo CD, “Battle of Egos,” is now only $1 at CDBaby for an MP3 download!

Next up, I’d like to announce a little contest on Twitter I came up with. You see, on Twitter we only have 58 followers. That’s practically nothing! So, here’s what I’m gonna do. Every 50 followers (starting at 100), I’m going to put out a trivia question about our artists, in order of release. So the first question will be about Shylo Elliott. The questions won’t be easy giveaways, but they won’t be difficult either; a simple Google search can find answers. First person to tweet @ChartToppers with the correct answer will get 2 codes for 160 MSP. That’s 4 Chart Toppers songs! (2 if you’re waiting for our 160 MSP stuff.) So follow us on Twitter, get your friends to follow us, and get our count up! Why do I care so much about follower count, you ask? The more people that follow us, the more people find out about all of these awesome artists we’re putting out!

This leads us to our announcement of the day! We are going to bring a full album from Massachusetts chiptune artist Active Knowledge! The 9-track album, titled INFINITE, is his latest creation and features some really cool instrumental chipmusic that combines mellow and party to create some really spacey tunes that are a blast to play on Rock Band! Active Knowledge is the founder of the Boston8Bit chiptune collective, and you can expect at least one more Boston8Bit artist to come to RBN really soon! Read more about it and check out the THREE preview videos we have ready for you!

That’s all the news for this week. Get hyped, get following, and get rocking!
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Fantastic. I can't open .zip folders :(
    edited June 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4435624 said:
    Fantastic. I can't open .zip folders :(

Can you run WinRAR? That'll open the zip file right up.
    edited July 2011
    "Cool Concoction" by Shylo Elliott is out now! The guitar has two relentless solos, the keys has a very nice solo, there is an INSANE drum solo in the middle, and near the end is a keys/guitar duel with both parts trading off the same riffs! Whoever has the highest percentage of the two wins the duel!

Go and get it now for 160 MSP!

Hoping to have some awesome announcements next Thursday!
  • Coltfan1223Coltfan1223 Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    I can't wait for Pierce the Veil! [: Please try to get more songs by them if you can. :)
  • AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    Arcanon;4441415 said:
    "Cool Concoction" by Shylo Elliott is out now! The guitar has two relentless solos, the keys has a very nice solo, there is an INSANE drum solo in the middle, and near the end is a keys/guitar duel with both parts trading off the same riffs! Whoever has the highest percentage of the two wins the duel!

Go and get it now for 160 MSP!

Hoping to have some awesome announcements next Thursday!

Is Cool Concoction the first song to have two solos marked at the same time (keys and guitar)?
    edited July 2011
    AskariNari;4441438 said:
    Is Cool Concoction the first song to have two solos marked at the same time (keys and guitar)?

Nope. "No One Knows" on disc had a drum and guitar solo at the same time. One of the Andromeda songs also features a duel that has both parts marked as a solo.

I'm sure there are others, but those are the two I remember offhand.
  • turnitup321turnitup321 Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Arcanon;4441463 said:
    Nope. "No One Knows" on disc had a drum and guitar solo at the same time. One of the Andromeda songs also features a duel that has both parts marked as a solo.

I'm sure there are others, but those are the two I remember offhand.

"One Vision" by Queen (guitar/drum)

Also, the Andromeda song you're thinking of is "Another Step".
  • edited July 2011
    Also Riders on the Storm by The Doors and Zombies (Are Coming Out Tonight) by Ultra Saturday both have key and guitar solos at the same time.
  • ShoTTySLanKiNShoTTySLanKiN Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Coltfan1223;4441423 said:
    I can't wait for Pierce the Veil! [: Please try to get more songs by them if you can. :)

Seriously and also are you in a deal for just PTV or more Equal Vision artists?
    edited July 2011
    ShoTTySLanKiN;4441827 said:
    Seriously and also are you in a deal for just PTV or more Equal Vision artists?

I cannot confirm or deny anything at this time concerning that.

Couple quick updates to the OP, mainly noting that Battle of Egos Part I and its 2x Bass Pedal counterpart have moved to Peer Review. More songs will be joining it. I hope to have the following things to mention soon:

-New awesome artist announcements
    -New awesome preview videos for upcoming songs
    -A contest we're going to launch when a couple of our songs pass PR

Updates hit Twitter and Facebook first, so follow and like us! Remember, I'm doing trivia questions to give away MSP codes for every 50 followers we get on Twitter, starting at 100! So get following!
    edited July 2011
    New preview video! Catch a piece of "Battle of Egos Part II" by Winter Crescent, heading to playtest soon! The video doesn't show the super-fast double bass nor some of the sweet guitar riffs, but they're there and they're awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIApZtmhWFk

Part I is in Peer Review and will head out hopefully next week with its 2x Bass Pedal counterpart!

This should tide you guys over a bit; I believe I'll have some news next week to share. :)
    edited July 2011
    Happy Thursday guys! I wish I could say we have a new release for you, but unfortunately "Battle of Egos Part I" passed a little too late. It and the 2x Bass Pedal version should be in next week's store update, and most likely will be live today on the Marketplace! We don't expect there to be any reason to pull the tracks, but I still advise you to buy at your own risk as you never know what could happen between Marketplace and RB3 store.

Anyways, you want to hear new stuff, right? Yeah. I was gonna make more than one announcement this week, but there's a storm coming and it might take out my power...or my house (you never know)...so any more announcements will have to wait. But anyways, we will announce that the theme song to the amazing Wha-Chow podcast is coming to the Rock Band Network!

Created by Psyguy with lyrics from ShadyVox of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Abridged fame, this short theme song is brutal on guitar, fast on drums, and hilarious as hell on vocals. It captures the attitude of the podcast perfectly. If you aren't already a fan of the podcast, you will be! Check it out at http://www.whachow.com.

I'll have more news next week, including new artists and a giveaway we're gonna do related to one of our new releases. Keep on rocking!
    edited July 2011
    That reminds me that I really really really really want the AVGN theme on here.
    edited July 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4453674 said:
    That reminds me that I really really really really want the AVGN theme on here.
    I'd imagine that one would have to go through some heavy censoring though, not sure if it'd be the same afterwards.
    edited July 2011
    Arcanon;4454050 said:
    I'd imagine that one would have to go through some heavy censoring though, not sure if it'd be the same afterwards.

Assuming you can still have "*******" and "diarrhea", it wouldn't be bad at all.

Although, he's stated that he feels these games are very overrated. Not sure if he'd be up for it. But, he seems like a very cool guy so I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

EDIT: Haha. Guess we can't have ass.... hole.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited July 2011
    Hah. Ass is kind of a borderline word when it comes to censorship, but when you're that anatomically specific it's pretty much never allowed.
    edited July 2011
    Arcanon;4444834 said:
    I cannot confirm or deny anything at this time concerning that.

Couple quick updates to the OP, mainly noting that Battle of Egos Part I and its 2x Bass Pedal counterpart have moved to Peer Review. More songs will be joining it. I hope to have the following things to mention soon:

-New awesome artist announcements
    -New awesome preview videos for upcoming songs
    -A contest we're going to launch when a couple of our songs pass PR

Updates hit Twitter and Facebook first, so follow and like us! Remember, I'm doing trivia questions to give away MSP codes for every 50 followers we get on Twitter, starting at 100! So get following!
    Well if you were to have a agreement with EV Records if you could get some more Chiodos,Circa Survive and Especially some Isles & Glaciers, you sir would be my favorite authoring group!
  • Coltfan1223Coltfan1223 Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    ShoTTySLanKiN;4454976 said:
    Well if you were to have a agreement with EV Records if you could get some more Chiodos,Circa Survive and Especially some Isles & Glaciers, you sir would be my favorite authoring group!

This. Plus Pierce the Veil, Say Anything, and if possible from alum: Coheed and Cambria, Cinematic Sunrise, Saves the Day, Alexisonfire, and Armor for Sleep [:
    edited July 2011
    New release today! Winter Crescent's prog metal epic "Battle of Egos Part I" and its 2x Bass Pedal counterpart have been released today! Both versions are 80 points each and totally awesome, so you have no excuse to not check this song out! It's our first non-electronic metal song ever, and certainly not the last as we still have the rest of the album to release!

Let us know what you think of the song, and later today we're going to announce something cool tied in with this song once we've got the last few kinks worked out.

Oh, and before I forget, PON DE FIOR passed PR and will be in the store next Thursday, so prepare for some very trippy noise music in next week's update! We're gonna try to get another song or two released alongside it, so more on that as I get more info.

Thanks for supporting us! I'll be updating the OP with the statuses of all of our songs up to this point.

EDIT: OK, cool thing verified. We're having a contest!

Show off your Expert skills on either versions of Battle of Egos and win cool prizes! For full contest rules, click here: http://charttoppersauthoring.wordpress.com/2011/07/28/186/
    edited July 2011
    So it looks like the Wha-Chow theme has passed PR and will also be in next week's update! Thursday will be an exciting day for Chart Toppers and RBN!

It may even be possible that another song will join it. We'll see how things go. Also, we may have more news on Thursday to share concerning new artists coming to RBN.

There are now 10 total prizes left to claim for the Battle of Egos Epic Giveaway! They're first-come-first-serve prizes, so make those videos and claim your rewards! Remember, send your YouTube links to [email]contest@charttoppersauthoring.com[/email] to make your entries valid! See all the winners' videos here!
    edited August 2011
    Want free MSP? The cast of Wha-Chow has 10 codes worth 160 MSP each! Like and post a comment on their FB page and 10 people will be picked at random to win codes! It's not a CTA contest (we only provided the codes) but good luck to anyone who enters!

Also, Wha-Chow is live RIGHT NOW! Go listen, it's fun times.
    edited August 2011
    THREE new releases from Chart Toppers Authoring today!

First up is the first experimental noise song in all of Rock Band, SNMT's PON DE FIOR. This very unique and abrasive song boasts some difficult, intricate patterns hidden nicely in a cacophony of static and noise. Keys players will have the toughest times, as there are a couple of really fast parts that will test your finger speed. Extremely fun to play on any instrument. After a few plays, I'll bet you'll be able to pick out specific noises using the charts as a guide. I know I can...now.

Next, Psyguy, host of the hilarious Wha-Chow podcast, releases the theme song on RBN today! With vocals from ShadyVox (of Yu-Gi-Oh GX Abridged fame), the theme song perfectly captures the wackiness and randomness you can expect to find in every episode of Wha-Chow. Both the song and the podcast are a good listen, so make sure to check them out!

Finally (and I do mean finally), the long awaited update to Cluster #2 is here! What's different in this version, you ask? Keys! And lots of them! The guitar chart from the RB2 version has been converted into a keys/Pro Keys chart. And if you've played the RB2 version, you've seen how difficult that chart is...imagine it on Pro Keys! This version also features an updated mix with much more audible bass, and as an RBN2 song it will feature correct tiering in RB3!

I hope you enjoy what we have to offer this week. We're planning on more good stuff coming next week!
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited August 2011
    Hey whatever happened to Heavy Weather? It was in Playtesting months ago, and I haven't seen it since.
    edited August 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4470082 said:
    Hey whatever happened to Heavy Weather? It was in Playtesting months ago, and I haven't seen it since.

It's still coming, it's just been undergoing some heavy revision along with a few other tracks. It and the 2x Bass Pedal version should hopefully be back in the system by next week. I'm just making extra-extra-extra-extra sure that nothing broke while I was fixing it. :)

That and a couple Active Knowledge songs are coming to Peer Review soon, and RBN will get a new dose of chiptunes in the coming weeks.
    edited August 2011
    Any word on how close Pierce The Veil is to making it to the store?
    edited August 2011
    ShoTTySLanKiN;4470115 said:
    Any word on how close Pierce The Veil is to making it to the store?
    Latest revision was sent to the label, but it probably won't be up until Monday...I want to say it might be out in two weeks, if all goes well. It's Peer Review ready, it just needs to be uploaded and pass review.
    edited August 2011
    Cool really looking forward to that one! Thanks for the update!