Chart Toppers Authoring: RBN2 News, Releases, and Previews!

Comments

• ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    ShoTTySLanKiN;4441827 said:
    Seriously and also are you in a deal for just PTV or more Equal Vision artists?

I cannot confirm or deny anything at this time concerning that.

Couple quick updates to the OP, mainly noting that Battle of Egos Part I and its 2x Bass Pedal counterpart have moved to Peer Review. More songs will be joining it. I hope to have the following things to mention soon:

-New awesome artist announcements
    -New awesome preview videos for upcoming songs
    -A contest we're going to launch when a couple of our songs pass PR

Updates hit Twitter and Facebook first, so follow and like us! Remember, I'm doing trivia questions to give away MSP codes for every 50 followers we get on Twitter, starting at 100! So get following!
    edited July 2011
    New preview video! Catch a piece of "Battle of Egos Part II" by Winter Crescent, heading to playtest soon! The video doesn't show the super-fast double bass nor some of the sweet guitar riffs, but they're there and they're awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIApZtmhWFk

Part I is in Peer Review and will head out hopefully next week with its 2x Bass Pedal counterpart!

This should tide you guys over a bit; I believe I'll have some news next week to share. :)
    edited July 2011
    Happy Thursday guys! I wish I could say we have a new release for you, but unfortunately "Battle of Egos Part I" passed a little too late. It and the 2x Bass Pedal version should be in next week's store update, and most likely will be live today on the Marketplace! We don't expect there to be any reason to pull the tracks, but I still advise you to buy at your own risk as you never know what could happen between Marketplace and RB3 store.

Anyways, you want to hear new stuff, right? Yeah. I was gonna make more than one announcement this week, but there's a storm coming and it might take out my power...or my house (you never know)...so any more announcements will have to wait. But anyways, we will announce that the theme song to the amazing Wha-Chow podcast is coming to the Rock Band Network!

Created by Psyguy with lyrics from ShadyVox of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Abridged fame, this short theme song is brutal on guitar, fast on drums, and hilarious as hell on vocals. It captures the attitude of the podcast perfectly. If you aren't already a fan of the podcast, you will be! Check it out at http://www.whachow.com.

I'll have more news next week, including new artists and a giveaway we're gonna do related to one of our new releases. Keep on rocking!
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    That reminds me that I really really really really want the AVGN theme on here.
    edited July 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4453674 said:
    That reminds me that I really really really really want the AVGN theme on here.
    I'd imagine that one would have to go through some heavy censoring though, not sure if it'd be the same afterwards.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Arcanon;4454050 said:
    I'd imagine that one would have to go through some heavy censoring though, not sure if it'd be the same afterwards.

Assuming you can still have "*******" and "diarrhea", it wouldn't be bad at all.

Although, he's stated that he feels these games are very overrated. Not sure if he'd be up for it. But, he seems like a very cool guy so I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

EDIT: Haha. Guess we can't have ass.... hole.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited July 2011
    Hah. Ass is kind of a borderline word when it comes to censorship, but when you're that anatomically specific it's pretty much never allowed.
  • ShoTTySLanKiNShoTTySLanKiN Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Arcanon;4444834 said:
    I cannot confirm or deny anything at this time concerning that.

Couple quick updates to the OP, mainly noting that Battle of Egos Part I and its 2x Bass Pedal counterpart have moved to Peer Review. More songs will be joining it. I hope to have the following things to mention soon:

-New awesome artist announcements
    -New awesome preview videos for upcoming songs
    -A contest we're going to launch when a couple of our songs pass PR

Updates hit Twitter and Facebook first, so follow and like us! Remember, I'm doing trivia questions to give away MSP codes for every 50 followers we get on Twitter, starting at 100! So get following!
    Well if you were to have a agreement with EV Records if you could get some more Chiodos,Circa Survive and Especially some Isles & Glaciers, you sir would be my favorite authoring group!
  • Coltfan1223Coltfan1223 Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    ShoTTySLanKiN;4454976 said:
    Well if you were to have a agreement with EV Records if you could get some more Chiodos,Circa Survive and Especially some Isles & Glaciers, you sir would be my favorite authoring group!

This. Plus Pierce the Veil, Say Anything, and if possible from alum: Coheed and Cambria, Cinematic Sunrise, Saves the Day, Alexisonfire, and Armor for Sleep [:
    edited July 2011
    New release today! Winter Crescent's prog metal epic "Battle of Egos Part I" and its 2x Bass Pedal counterpart have been released today! Both versions are 80 points each and totally awesome, so you have no excuse to not check this song out! It's our first non-electronic metal song ever, and certainly not the last as we still have the rest of the album to release!

Let us know what you think of the song, and later today we're going to announce something cool tied in with this song once we've got the last few kinks worked out.

Oh, and before I forget, PON DE FIOR passed PR and will be in the store next Thursday, so prepare for some very trippy noise music in next week's update! We're gonna try to get another song or two released alongside it, so more on that as I get more info.

Thanks for supporting us! I'll be updating the OP with the statuses of all of our songs up to this point.

EDIT: OK, cool thing verified. We're having a contest!

Show off your Expert skills on either versions of Battle of Egos and win cool prizes! For full contest rules, click here: http://charttoppersauthoring.wordpress.com/2011/07/28/186/
    edited July 2011
    So it looks like the Wha-Chow theme has passed PR and will also be in next week's update! Thursday will be an exciting day for Chart Toppers and RBN!

It may even be possible that another song will join it. We'll see how things go. Also, we may have more news on Thursday to share concerning new artists coming to RBN.

There are now 10 total prizes left to claim for the Battle of Egos Epic Giveaway! They're first-come-first-serve prizes, so make those videos and claim your rewards! Remember, send your YouTube links to [email]contest@charttoppersauthoring.com[/email] to make your entries valid! See all the winners' videos here!
    edited August 2011
    Want free MSP? The cast of Wha-Chow has 10 codes worth 160 MSP each! Like and post a comment on their FB page and 10 people will be picked at random to win codes! It's not a CTA contest (we only provided the codes) but good luck to anyone who enters!

Also, Wha-Chow is live RIGHT NOW! Go listen, it's fun times.
    edited August 2011
    THREE new releases from Chart Toppers Authoring today!

First up is the first experimental noise song in all of Rock Band, SNMT's PON DE FIOR. This very unique and abrasive song boasts some difficult, intricate patterns hidden nicely in a cacophony of static and noise. Keys players will have the toughest times, as there are a couple of really fast parts that will test your finger speed. Extremely fun to play on any instrument. After a few plays, I'll bet you'll be able to pick out specific noises using the charts as a guide. I know I can...now.

Next, Psyguy, host of the hilarious Wha-Chow podcast, releases the theme song on RBN today! With vocals from ShadyVox (of Yu-Gi-Oh GX Abridged fame), the theme song perfectly captures the wackiness and randomness you can expect to find in every episode of Wha-Chow. Both the song and the podcast are a good listen, so make sure to check them out!

Finally (and I do mean finally), the long awaited update to Cluster #2 is here! What's different in this version, you ask? Keys! And lots of them! The guitar chart from the RB2 version has been converted into a keys/Pro Keys chart. And if you've played the RB2 version, you've seen how difficult that chart is...imagine it on Pro Keys! This version also features an updated mix with much more audible bass, and as an RBN2 song it will feature correct tiering in RB3!

I hope you enjoy what we have to offer this week. We're planning on more good stuff coming next week!
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited August 2011
    Hey whatever happened to Heavy Weather? It was in Playtesting months ago, and I haven't seen it since.
    edited August 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4470082 said:
    Hey whatever happened to Heavy Weather? It was in Playtesting months ago, and I haven't seen it since.

It's still coming, it's just been undergoing some heavy revision along with a few other tracks. It and the 2x Bass Pedal version should hopefully be back in the system by next week. I'm just making extra-extra-extra-extra sure that nothing broke while I was fixing it. :)

That and a couple Active Knowledge songs are coming to Peer Review soon, and RBN will get a new dose of chiptunes in the coming weeks.
    edited August 2011
    Any word on how close Pierce The Veil is to making it to the store?
    edited August 2011
    ShoTTySLanKiN;4470115 said:
    Any word on how close Pierce The Veil is to making it to the store?
    Latest revision was sent to the label, but it probably won't be up until Monday...I want to say it might be out in two weeks, if all goes well. It's Peer Review ready, it just needs to be uploaded and pass review.
    edited August 2011
    Cool really looking forward to that one! Thanks for the update!
    edited August 2011
    Good news, all you Pierce the Veil fans! The wait is over!

Caraphernelia has passed Peer Review, and will be in the in-game store on August 18th! It's been a long time coming, but now it's here, with full keys, harmonies and Pro Drums, as well as all the other classic stuff you love.

Since it's still early in the week, there's also a chance that it will be joined in the store by one of the Active Knowledge tracks, giving RBN yet another dose of tasty chiptune! I'll keep you posted. We have many more exciting things on the horizon, so make sure you're following us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest announcements!

Remember, if we get 100 Twitter followers, we'll put forward a trivia question with MSP codes as prizes! And we'll repeat for every 50 followers we get after that! So if you want MSP, get to following!
    edited August 2011
    I'm so stoked for Pierce the Veil! Thanks [:
    edited August 2011
    Coltfan1223;4474080 said:
    I'm so stoked for Pierce the Veil! Thanks [:

No prob! We're just as stoked to have this out as you are! :D

Anyways, we've got no announcements for this week. All that's going on is Caraphernelia's release next week and possibly Dance Battle Alpha if it can clear PR by the weekend.

We're working now to announce some more awesome stuff by next week. Until then, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the stuff we've put out so far. What's your favorite released CTA song? What announced song or artist are you most excited for? What do you think of the contests we've held so far? Sound off and let us know; we love to get feedback from the community. After all, we're doing all this for you! :)
  • MegaIronDragonDethMegaIronDragonDeth Post Ratio > 3 a Day
    edited August 2011
    I can't wait for the Rainbowdragoneyes song :)
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    Arcanon;4474168 said:

What's your favorite released CTA song?

caraphernelia, and thats not even a contest... not even close to a contest :P
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited August 2011
    My favorite is Creatures ov Deception. It sounds awesome, is fun to play, and has actually turned me on to the world of chiptunes. Thank you.
    edited August 2011
    Zemanator;4476611 said:
    caraphernelia, and thats not even a contest... not even close to a contest :P

I 110% agree! Hope this isn't the last of the Pierce The Veil or Equal Vision tracks. If it isn't you'll def have some money coming your way when I buy up all those tracks!
  • MegaIronDragonDethMegaIronDragonDeth Post Ratio > 3 a Day
    edited August 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4476641 said:
    My favorite is Creatures ov Deception. It sounds awesome, is fun to play, and has actually turned me on to the world of chiptunes. Thank you.

This.
    edited August 2011
    ShoTTySLanKiN;4476649 said:
    I 110% agree! Hope this isn't the last of the Pierce The Veil or Equal Vision tracks. If it isn't you'll def have some money coming your way when I buy up all those tracks!

This. Except 120%
    edited August 2011
    Happy Thursday everyone! We have two new releases for you today!

First off is the long-awaited release of Caraphernelia by Pierce the Veil, courtesy of Equal Vision Records! Insane drums, awesome guitar, and fully updated with Pro Drums, Pro Keys and 3-part vocal harmonies make the song an awesome experience. If you haven't yet picked it up early, go get it now and enjoy!

Second is Active Knowledge's RBN debut, Dance Battle Alpha! This is the first of the 9 tracks from the INFINITE album that is coming to RBN in its entirety. Extremely fun keys, interesting guitar chart, brutal disco drums and a sweet bassline make this a must-have for your Rock Band library. Chiptunes have made for amazing RBN tracks, and Dance Battle Alpha will not disappoint in that regard.

Pick up the above two songs for 160 MSP each!

We don't have a video or blog post for it yet, but since it's in testing right now I might as well mention it. We are bringing Paul and Storm's Fuzzy Man (Fuzzy Nation) to RBN! This song boasts the longest vocal tube in the game; since it's in the third harmony line, it spans three phrases! It also has some nice keys and two awesome guitar solos. We'll have a preview video up sometime next week, most likely.

Thanks for supporting us! More awesomeness next week!
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    Arcanon;4479769 said:

First off is the long-awaited release of Caraphernelia by Pierce the Veil, courtesy of Equal Vision Records! Insane drums, awesome guitar, and fully updated with Pro Drums, Pro Keys and 3-part vocal harmonies make the song an awesome experience. If you haven't yet picked it up early, go get it now and enjoy!

just wanted to say that caraphernelia's mix is much much better then I was expecting (it blows the original album's mix out of the water, because you can HEAR everything nicely and it's not focused on vox)

i didn't know what it was like cause the song went through PR at warp speed while i was at work, but, i love the mix job, a lot!
    edited August 2011
    Zemanator;4480065 said:
    just wanted to say that caraphernelia's mix is much much better then I was expecting (it blows the original album's mix out of the water, because you can HEAR everything nicely and it's not focused on vox)

i didn't know what it was like cause the song went through PR at warp speed while i was at work, but, i love the mix job, a lot!

Thanks! My main concern when doing a mix is making sure every part can be heard clearly without having it sound like crap. I'm glad that I was able to accomplish that.

Anyways, we have another contest! First person to FC "PON DE FIOR" on Expert Pro Keys and catch it on video will get 800 MSP! Simple as that. Think you're awesome enough to pull it off? Prove it then!

Good luck!