Jukebox the Ghost

Odin ForceOdin Force Road Warrior
edited April 2012 in The Rock Band Network
I really hope we get as much of their music as possible. With 1 out and 4 more coming, I just wanted to express a desire to see them. I've thought about which ones would work well in RB and think the 5 selected were great, but I'd rank the others as follows:

These 6 from "Everything Under the Sun":
1) Nobody
2) The Sun
3) Mistletoe
4) Carrying
5) Summer Sun
6) The Popular Thing

These 5 from "Live and Let Ghosts":
1) Hold It In
2) Good Day
3) Victoria
4) Beady Eyes on the Horizon
5) Under My Skin

And then, also from "Live and Let Ghosts"... Well, these are songs that lead into each other much like some Green Day songs (Novacaine/She's a Rebel). Actually, there's a song like this on "Everything Under the Sun"... "The Sun (interlude)" leads into "The Stars" but I figure a decision has been made and it is too late to have that. I know it maybe makes it harder, but I think these songs shouldn't be split up because some of the coherency is lost. So these should be together:
1) Miss Templeton's 7000th Dream/Static
2) My Heart's the Same/Lighting Myself on Fire
3) Fire in the Sky/Where Are All the Scientists Now/A Matter of Time

The final would clock in at just under 10-minutes if the 15 second silence at the end of Matter of Time was cut.

And if you haven't listened to Jukebox the Ghost yet- Check them out! Coming soon to Rock Band:
1) Half-Crazy
2) Schizophrenia
3) The Stars
4) So Let Us Create
5) Empire

Comments

• mattgreigmattgreig Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    I really hope we can bring the rest of Everything Under the Sun to Rock Band and complete the album. I'm not yet sure if this will be possible, but if the first group of songs sell well, there's a good chance of it happening.
  • edited April 2011
    I'm watching Diary of a Wimpy Kid and in the scene where they're at the mother son dance (right before Rowly dances to Intergalactic with his mom) The Popular Thing is playing in the background.

I just got way to excited lol.
  • BadBiscuitBadBiscuit Unsigned
    edited May 2011
    I couldn't agree more; and certainly ready to buy any and all Jukebox the Ghost songs. My main reason for purchasing RB3 and the keyboard was to play "Half-Crazy". Any word on when the remaining songs will be released? Watching them on YouTube has me psyched to play them. :)

I'd love to see "Hold It In" and "Mistletoe" made available too.
  • mattgreigmattgreig Unsigned
    edited May 2011
    BadBiscuit;4389527 said:
    I couldn't agree more; and certainly ready to buy any and all Jukebox the Ghost songs. My main reason for purchasing RB3 and the keyboard was to play "Half-Crazy". Any word on when the remaining songs will be released? Watching them on YouTube has me psyched to play them. :)

I'd love to see "Hold It In" and "Mistletoe" made available too.
    Schizophrenia should be out on Friday. The rest will be out over the summer - not sure when exactly yet.
  • TylerFGTylerFG Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    I can't wait for the other songs by JBTG. I just heard their other songs and they're really good. I'd like to see the rest of the album make it in the RBN.
  • JohnnyRhythmJohnnyRhythm Opening Act
    edited May 2011
    darn, I made a new thread before checking this out, well I'd love to see some stuff from their first album
  • EndSYNTHEndSYNTH Unsigned
    edited May 2011
    I will have to take a listen to some of the other songs. I wasn't very fond of the song in RockBand. But, thats just one song.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited May 2011
    The songs they're bringing to RBN are the best off Everything Under the Sun IMO.

Much of the rest is pretty much filler.
  • edited May 2011
    FlyGuyLXI;4395019 said:
    The songs they're bringing to RBN are the best off Everything Under the Sun IMO.

Much of the rest is pretty much filler.

The Popular Thing, Summer Sun, Mistletoe, and The Sun are amazing.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited May 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4395085 said:
    The Popular Thing, Summer Sun, Mistletoe, and The Sun are amazing.

Well, "Summer Sun" is pretty good, again, don't care much for the rest, I'd say the songwriting got a bit lazy at the middle of the album.

I admit to not trying their Live and Let Ghosts yet however.
    edited May 2011
    Well, I bought Everything Under the Sun and I think it's a fantastic album. I'm actually thinking buying Let Live and Let Ghosts too, but I've only heard 5 songs off of that.
  • SteveStardustSteveStardust Unsigned
    edited May 2011
    I would love to have "Carrying" from EUTS and "Good Day", "Hold it in", and "Lighting Myself on Fire/Fire in the Sky" from LL&LG.

Ever since I first heard them on thesixtyone a few years ago, i totally fell in love with them.
    edited May 2011
    TylerFG;4395950 said:
    Well, I bought Everything Under the Sun and I think it's a fantastic album. I'm actually thinking buying Let Live and Let Ghosts too, but I've only heard 5 songs off of that.

The first album is fantastic, the best songs are good day, hold it in, static to the heart, victoria, my heart's the same, lighting myself on fire/fire in the sky, all songs are songs I'd love to have in rock band
  • MooTrainMooTrain Rising Star
    edited June 2011
    Buy the first album. You won't regret it. I've listened to it a good half dozen times now, and I agree fully with Johnny Rhythm.

Would love to get more JtG songs aside from the five we have coming. That might be greedy. ^_^ Love these guys.

I was totally excited last night when I found a drummer who had Schitzophrenia - so I picked it. Then he kicked me from the band. :( Never got to play it. Would love to with someone...
  • Odin ForceOdin Force Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    After listening to them for quite a while, here's what I have to request:

"Nobody" is screaming to be done. It has an interesting section with a horns solo, followed by a guitar solo, and then the two sort of have a duet. It's also a great song.

"The Popular Thing" has grown on me a lot. It used to be my least favorite, but now I really like it.
    edited June 2011
    I really hope we do end up getting songs from their first album, I like it better. Actually, I wouldn't mind having all of their songs, I literally like them all.
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    I've fallen in love with this band! After playing the 3 songs in RB, I got the whole album. I know we have 2 more coming, but I seriously hope we get the whole album, as every song is great.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Any particular reason why The Sun (Interlude) wasn't included in The Stars? Adds a lot to that intro. I'm a very sad panda over learning about this.

OT: I also really hope they bring more and more from this band.
  • DackAttacDackAttac Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    This band is the reason I check all the non-metal releases on RBN every week now just to make sure I don't let anything this amazing evade my attention for this long ever again.
  • Odin ForceOdin Force Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Anyone know if more Jukebox the Ghost is coming outside of the initial 5? I'd really like to see the rest of "Everything Under the Sun" and more.
    edited April 2012
    Sorry for the bump, but there were a few songs from Live and Let Ghosts announced a while back, and after that, we didn't hear anything else. Are they still coming out?
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    TylerFG;4714892 said:
    Sorry for the bump, but there were a few songs from Live and Let Ghosts announced a while back, and after that, we didn't hear anything else. Are they still coming out?

I heard that legal troubles were preventing or delaying them, and that they were announced prematurely. I do not know first hand, though, I'm just recalling a post that I may or may not be remembering correctly.
  • SentientSoldierSentientSoldier Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    I thought it was because pksage (the guy authoring the Live & Let Ghosts songs) was focusing on finishing up the Dance For The Dying EP (which is another great RBN band that you should check out if you haven't already!!) before working on the JTG songs. I could be wrong, though.
  • AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    There was some sort of issue, I don't know if it was legal or technical issues, but last I heard the songs are coming. Maybe it was after the Dance For The Dying songs are done, but I don't know.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    I would kill for more Jukebox the Ghost, but only if it comes before I leave in June.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited April 2012
    I want songs off the new album... see if it happens.
    edited April 2012
    Dangimarocker;4716279 said:

I was thinking the other day that Somebody would be fun for all the instruments. Oh, Emily would also be good too.
  • 3pic81ueUnicorn3pic81ueUnicorn Not Active Enough
    edited April 2012
  • edited April 2012
    Dangimarocker;4716279 said:

Lets hope someone will pick up after GamerBeats.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited April 2012
    TylerFG;4716287 said:
    I was thinking the other day that Somebody would be fun for all the instruments. Oh, Emily would also be good too.

Somebody would be really fun, I'm not a fan of the "Oh, Emily" track. It's kind of dull.
    Somebody is really catchy though.