S37's Lego Rock Band 2 Setlist!

Scythemaster 37Scythemaster 37 Road Warrior
edited April 2011 in Your Ultimate Setlist
There are 41 songs on the list. I tried to make sure they were all family friendly, but I probably missed some things. Oh well, take it as it is, and comment if you wish. All songs feature all of the instrument parts except for "Frankenstein", which is missing vocals.

1950's (2 Songs)

Elvis Presley - "Jailhouse Rock"
Classic Rock - 1957

The Platters - "The Great Pretender"
Classic Rock - 1955

1960's (3 Songs)

Chubby Checker - "Limbo Rock"
R&B/Soul/Funk - 1962

The Beatles- "Hey Jude"
Classic Rock - 1968

The Kinks - "You Really Got Me"
Classic Rock - 1964

1970's (8 Songs)

Stevie Wonder - "Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours"
R&B/Soul/Funk - 1970

Harry Chapin - "Cat's in the Cradle"
Classic Rock - 1974

Elton John - "Rocket Man (I Think It's Going to Be a Long, Long Time)"
Classic Rock - 1972

Earth, Wind, & Fire - "September"
R&B/Soul/Funk - 1978

Billy Joel - "Just the Way You Are"
Classic Rock - 1977

Gloria Gaynor - "I Will Survive"
Disco - 1978

Cat Stevens - "Wild World"
Classic Rock - 1970

Edgar Winter Group - "Frankenstein"
Classic Rock - 1973

1980's (8 Songs)

The Cars - "Drive"
Classic Rock - 1984

Simple Minds - "Don't You (Forget About Me)"
Classic Rock - 1985

Michael Jackson - "Thriller"
Pop-Rock - 1982

Rick Springfield - "Jessie's Girl"
Pop-Rock - 1981

Madonna - "Borderline"
Pop-Rock - 1984

Cutting Crew - "I Just (Died In Your Arms Tonight)"
Classic Rock - 1986

Journey - "Seperate Ways (Worlds Apart)"
Classic Rock - 1983

Air Supply - "All Out of Love"
Pop-Rock - 1980

1990's (8 Songs)

Jason Paige - "Pokemon Theme Song (Gotta Catch 'Em All)"
Rock - 1999

Reel 2 Real - "I Like to Move It"
Urban - 1994

U2 - "One"
Rock - 1992

Will Smith - "Gettin Jiggy wit It"
Hip-Hop/Rap - 1998

Backstreet Boys - "Larger Than Life"
Pop/Dance/Electronic - 1999

Whitney Houston - "I Will Always Love You"
R&B/Soul/Funk - 1992

Duran Duran - "Come Undone"
Pop-Rock - 1993

Bryan Adams - "(Everything I Do) I Do It for You"
Rock - 1991

2000's (10 Songs)

'N Sync - "Bye Bye Bye"
Pop/Dance/Electronic - 2000

Mr. C The Slide Man - "Cha-Cha Slide"
Pop/Dance/Electronic - 2000

Avril Lavigne - "Complicated"
Pop-Rock - 2002

Plain White T's - "1, 2, 3, 4"
Pop-Rock - 2009

Rhianna - "Don't Stop the Music"
Pop/Dance/Electronic - 2007

Daniel Powter - "Bad Day"
Rock - 2005

Mat Kearney - "Nothing Left to Lose"
Rock - 2006

Foo Fighters - "Let It Die"
Rock - 2008

Lady Gaga - "Alejandro"
Pop/Dance/Electronic - 2009

Ke$ha - "Your Love Is My Drug"
Pop/Dance/Electronic - 2009

2010's (3 Songs)

Katy Perry - "Teenage Dream"
Pop-Rock - 2010

Bruno Mars - "Grenade"
Pop-Rock - 2010

The Strokes - "Under Cover of Darkness"
Rock - 2011

Comments

  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited April 2011
    Doesn't Teenage Dream involve one night stands and stuff?
  • thestickmasterthestickmaster Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    Eh.... I wouldn't buy this due to the overly-crappy pop songs from the 00's and 10's. Some songs on here are good picks though, and there are two songs that I love.

    Also, I don't think Alejandro is family-friendly. But then again, we had "So What" in LRB.
  • Scythemaster 37Scythemaster 37 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4376908 said:
    Doesn't Teenage Dream involve one night stands and stuff?

    I don't think so
    thestickmaster;4376911 said:
    Eh.... I wouldn't buy this due to the overly-crappy pop songs from the 00's and 10's. Some songs on here are good picks though, and there are two songs that I love.

    Also, I don't think Alejandro is family-friendly. But then again, we had "So What" in LRB.

    There aren't any bad words in it, haha.

    As far as the music choices, even assuming that every single song from the 00's and up are all "overly-crappy pop songs", that's only 13 songs. So, 13 of those 41 songs you don't like. That's not the entire list...
  • I_Love_YouI_Love_You Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    I could've sworn September was already DLC. It is not, apparently.

    A couple thoughts:

    Overall, there are quite a few tracks here I'd love to have, granted that there are a number of pop tracks here that I'd be mortified to see in my library but who cares. Heck, sometimes those songs are the most fun when you're screwing around on the game with friends.

    Don't count on getting Beatles outside of their game. It'd be cool but......... I'd have an alternative song lined up for that slot :). Same probably goes for U2 and Elvis, but I won't "rain" on your "parade".

    41 songs seems a bit low. I know the average for a spin off game is in the 40's but I feel if they were going to try to sell a game for near full price, it should have a number of tracks closer to what's offered on a full game. I'd say 55-60 would be a bit more reasonable.

    But yeah, a lot of popular songs here, stuff that would definitely sell well if it were real.
  • thestickmasterthestickmaster Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    Scythemaster 37;4376917 said:
    There aren't any bad words in it, haha.

    As far as the music choices, even assuming that every single song from the 00's and up are all "overly-crappy pop songs", that's only 13 songs. So, 13 of those 41 songs you don't like. That's not the entire list...


    1. Bad words aren't the only reason for being not Family Friendly. It's all of the lyrical content and subject matter. From Alejandro: "Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch. Just smoke one cigarette and hush". Might just be me, but there's a sexual reference and drug reference right there.

    2. I like a lot of modern music, and the 00's & 10's sections matter to me. I don't like any of them, so there... and as I said, I only like a few other songs in the entire setlist.
  • Scythemaster 37Scythemaster 37 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    thestickmaster;4377222 said:
    1. Bad words aren't the only reason for being not Family Friendly. It's all of the lyrical content and subject matter. From Alejandro: "Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch. Just smoke one cigarette and hush". Might just be me, but there's a sexual reference and drug reference right there.

    2. I like a lot of modern music, and the 00's & 10's sections matter to me. I don't like any of them, so there... and as I said, I only like a few other songs in the entire setlist.

    1. Okay, but like you said, "So What" was in the first Lego Rock Band. "I wanna get in trouble, I wanna start a fight"? Sounds like someone is promoting violence.

    2. I didn't think that the Foo Fighters, Mat Kearney, The Strokes, and Daniel Powter were considered artists who have ever produced "overly-crappy pop songs". Moreover, it's a game for children, they're not going to want to play a game with only alternative and metal in it. The only regret I have for the list is that I forgot to add a Coldplay song, but it's whatever now.
  • thestickmasterthestickmaster Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    Scythemaster 37;4377226 said:
    1. Okay, but like you said, "So What" was in the first Lego Rock Band. "I wanna get in trouble, I wanna start a fight"? Sounds like someone is promoting violence.

    2. I didn't think that the Foo Fighters, Mat Kearney, The Strokes, and Daniel Powter were considered artists who have ever produced "overly-crappy pop songs". Moreover, it's a game for children, they're not going to want to play a game with only alternative and metal in it. The only regret I have for the list is that I forgot to add a Coldplay song, but it's whatever now.


    1. I think we should just agree to disagree about Alejandro.

    2. I forgot about the Foo Fighters song when I typed that post, and I don't care about the other bands you mentioned. The majority of the modern decades is pop in your setlist. Also, look at the first LRB's setlist. Barely any pop crap from the modern era. Instead, Counting Crows, Foo Fighters, Sum 41, Korn, Blur, and more. I know it's a game for children, but does that mean children can't learn some good music?
  • Scythemaster 37Scythemaster 37 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    thestickmaster;4377238 said:
    1. I think we should just agree to disagree about Alejandro.

    2. I forgot about the Foo Fighters song when I typed that post, and I don't care about the other bands you mentioned. The majority of the modern decades is pop in your setlist. Also, look at the first LRB's setlist. Barely any pop crap from the modern era. Instead, Counting Crows, Foo Fighters, Sum 41, Korn, Blur, and more. I know it's a game for children, but does that mean children can't learn some good music?

    The definition of "good music" is quite opinionated. I actually like most of the songs I put on the list and consider them "good music", but I don't consider Relient K "good music", because they sound like Blink-182 wanna-be's. However, that is totally my opinion.
  • csymtyrcsymtyr Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, and on the subject of "family friendly songs" since when did Korn become family friendly? Haha. I really don't think there is a problem with Alejandro..The biggest foreseeable one would be the reference to smoking a cigarette. But P!nk's song "So What" is much worse. She talks about "drinking [her] money" (not paying his rent) and "the waiter just took my table, and gave it to Jessica Simp, Sh*t"

    But most of us already probably wondered why they included her song in LRB anyway, and Alejandro is definitely not that bad. As for the rest of the 2000's and 2010 songs, I really like the Matt Kearney, Avril Lavigne, Lady GaGa, Katy Perry, and the Plain White T's songs...Don't really understand what's so crappy about them.
  • GandWuserGandWuser Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Alejando's nothing compared to that Ke(dollar sign)ha song in terms of content. The wole song's about comparing a relationship to a drug addiction.

    Plus Hey Jude has a very faint and in the background F-bomb around 2:56.
  • thestickmasterthestickmaster Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    Scythemaster 37;4377619 said:
    but I don't consider Relient K "good music", because they sound like Blink-182 wanna-be's. However, that is totally my opinion.

    really, you're bringing that up again? -__-
    Also, you kinda ignored what I said. I was comparing this and the original setlist, and not even the original had so much mainstream pop.

    About Hey Jude, I can't even hear that. Does it really matter?
  • Scythemaster 37Scythemaster 37 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    thestickmaster;4377836 said:
    really, you're bringing that up again? -__-
    Also, you kinda ignored what I said. I was comparing this and the original setlist, and not even the original had so much mainstream pop.

    About Hey Jude, I can't even hear that. Does it really matter?
    Don't you think children are going to enjoy playing songs theyve heard before? I mean, most kids don't care about expanding their musical tastes. The best way to do it is to instill songs that they know with songs that their parents will love. It's pretty much the only way kids are gonna discover older music.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited April 2011
    thestickmaster;4377836 said:

    About Hey Jude, I can't even hear that. Does it really matter?

    I hear "Oh... yeah!" not "Oh... f***!"
  • Scythemaster 37Scythemaster 37 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    About Hey Jude: It could be edited out if it's actually audible. P!nk says "sh*t" in "So What", but it's just edited. It's not a big deal.
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited April 2011
    I'd rent and export that!

    I had Wild World mixed up with Walk on the Wild Side for a few seconds there.
  • thestickmasterthestickmaster Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    Scythemaster 37;4378823 said:
    About Hey Jude: It could be edited out if it's actually audible. P!nk says "sh*t" in "So What", but it's just edited. It's not a big deal.

    Yeah, it's barely audible.

    "Airplanes" is FF and it has an edited-out "sh*t" as well, so I think they'd let this one pass.
  • V4VendettaV4Vendetta Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Would not buy, at all. I like a few songs but hate most of the artists and songs. Literally hate them. Lego 1 craps all over this set list.
  • thatdrummerguythatdrummerguy Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    Too much modern pop for me. Wouldn't buy it.
  • thestickmasterthestickmaster Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    thatdrummerguy;4381323 said:
    Too much modern pop for me. Wouldn't buy it.

    That's what I meant earlier.
  • DanManRockerDanManRocker Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    1950's (2 Songs)

    Elvis Presley - "Jailhouse Rock"- yes
    Classic Rock - 1957

    1960's (3 Songs)

    The Beatles- "Hey Jude"
    Classic Rock - 1968- The whole "We already made a B:RB" argument

    The Kinks - "You Really Got Me"
    Classic Rock - 1964- yes

    1970's (8 Songs)

    Harry Chapin - "Cat's in the Cradle"
    Classic Rock - 1974- yes

    Elton John - "Rocket Man (I Think It's Going to Be a Long, Long Time)"
    Classic Rock - 1972- yes

    Earth, Wind, & Fire - "September"
    R&B/Soul/Funk - 1978- I only know two of their songs anyway.

    Gloria Gaynor - "I Will Survive"
    Disco - 1978- yes

    Edgar Winter Group - "Frankenstein"
    Classic Rock - 1973- No vocals, but okay

    1980's (8 Songs)

    The Cars - "Drive"
    Classic Rock - 1984- yes

    Simple Minds - "Don't You (Forget About Me)"
    Classic Rock - 1985- yes

    Michael Jackson - "Thriller"
    Pop-Rock - 1982- yes

    Rick Springfield - "Jessie's Girl"
    Pop-Rock - 1981- yes

    Cutting Crew - "I Just (Died In Your Arms Tonight)"
    Classic Rock - 1986- Sad?

    Journey - "Seperate Ways (Worlds Apart)"
    Classic Rock - 1983- yes

    1990's (8 Songs)

    Jason Paige - "Pokemon Theme Song (Gotta Catch 'Em All)"
    Rock - 1999- yes

    Reel 2 Real - "I Like to Move It"
    Urban - 1994- eh

    U2 - "One"
    Rock - 1992- yes

    Bryan Adams - "(Everything I Do) I Do It for You"
    Rock - 1991- YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES.

    2000's (10 Songs)

    Mr. C The Slide Man - "Cha-Cha Slide"
    Pop/Dance/Electronic - 2000- Eh...

    Avril Lavigne - "Complicated"
    Pop-Rock - 2002- Yes

    Plain White T's - "1, 2, 3, 4"
    Pop-Rock - 2009- This or Our Time Now

    Rhianna - "Don't Stop the Music"
    Pop/Dance/Electronic - 2007- yes

    Daniel Powter - "Bad Day"
    Rock - 2005- This is a rather depressing song, isn't it? And does it have a bass and guitar?
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited April 2011
    Wait, the title for "Your Love is My Drug" might offend the ESRB for a Lego game.
  • nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited April 2011
    "Naaaa, naa, naa, na, na, na, naaaa"...if only Beatles could be on any other game than their own

    A lot of other songs are good, too
Sign In or Register to comment.