TuleRune's Lego Rock Band 2 Setlist

TuleRuneTuleRune Rising Star
edited May 2011 in Your Ultimate Setlist
Hello, and welcome to my Lego Rock Band 2 setlist. It feature 62 awesome family friendly songs. It will also eventually be tiered!
There are 6 special guests and 6 power challenges!

60s: 4 Songs 70s: 8 Songs
[LIST]
[*]Aerosmith - "Remember (Walking in the Sand)" (Night in the Ruts, 1979)
[*]Bryan Ferry - "Let's Stick Together" (Let's Stick Together, 1976)
[*][I]Elton John - "Rocket Man" (Honky Ch

Comments

• TylerFGTylerFG Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Pretty good so far. Can't wait to see the rest.
  • CanuckGamerCanuckGamer Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    She Bop probably wouldn't make it because of the subject matter of it. How about replacing it with Time After Time?
  • TuleRuneTuleRune Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    Completed the setlist, changed the Cyndi song to True Colors, added all the special guest and added all the power challenges.

Next is the tiering, yay.

Also, if anyone of you refuse to want to see a lego Lemmy, you are lying.
    edited April 2011
    I love the setlist. And yes, I think Lego Lemmy is a good idea, too.
  • WestLakeDragonWestLakeDragon Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    Walk this Way by Aerosmith is a bit suggestive for subject matter, though off the top of my head I can't think of something really good to replace.
    edited April 2011
    Wonderwall is DLC. I'd probably go for something like Some Might Say.
  • DanManRockerDanManRocker Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    I Don't To Miss A Thing?
    Dream On?
    Crying?
    Jaded?
    edited April 2011
    Changed Wonderwall to Some Might Say and Walk This Way to Remember (Walking in the Sand).
  • ThunderHawxThunderHawx Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    Nice list, I'd have to say I keep thinking of the Sharky lego guy in the first lego rockband when you guys mention Lemmy hahah
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    I'm not sure if Welcome To The Jungle is family friendly, I wouldn't put it on.
    edited April 2011
    Changed the GNR song to Sweet Child 'o Mine.

Added a new Modern Expansion pack near the bottom, featuring a new guest band.
    edited April 2011
    The Modern Expansion Pack look good. I'd go for Bloc Party, Foo Fighters and The Last Shadow Puppets.
    edited April 2011
    I may add a Classic Expansion if anyone is interested.
    edited April 2011
    TuleRune;4380548 said:
    I may add a Classic Expansion if anyone is interested.

Sure. Go ahead if you want.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Really not so sure this would make the greatest Lego Setlist. A lot of these bands (especially the 2000s-2010s stuff) really aren't all that popular. Lego Rock Band 1 was full of popular, radio-rock bands. Your 90s tracks definitely need some work, especially Celine Dion, Dido, and Shania Twain. Yes, they were popular songs back then, but would kids today even like those songs? I remember thinking "My Heart Will Go On" was the most annoying thing ever recorded when I was a kid and I still hate it today at 23.

Also, as much as I love Elliott Smith, "Rose Parade" isn't exactly family friendly. "The trumpet has obviously been drinking/'Cos he's ****ing up even the simplest lines" definitely wouldn't fly in a Lego game. Maybe replace it with "Angeles"?

I'm not so sure your picks for Special Guest bands are that great either. Lego 1 had really, really popular historic acts. Bowie and Queen are obviously rock icons, Iggy Pop is hugely important in punk, Blur's still pretty huge in the UK, and Spinal Tap has a decent cult following.

Elvis is obviously important, but is his backing band? LRB just gave Bowie and Iggy random stands in for back up. Motorhead kinda works, but they're more on the Spinal Tap/Blur level than Queen. Sorta recognizable, but probably not to kids. Steppenwolf had a lot of great hits, but I don't think the band needs to be in the game. Supergrass was never that big, and I've honestly never heard of Billy Clyro or Jamiroquai. I'd move Gorillaz onto the disc rather than DLC. Maybe make Sting, Weezer, Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, Guns N' Roses, or Oasis the playable bands.
    edited April 2011
    tdc002;4380561 said:
    Really not so sure this would make the greatest Lego Setlist. A lot of these bands (especially the 2000s-2010s stuff) really aren't all that popular. Lego Rock Band 1 was full of popular, radio-rock bands.
    My setlist features alot of kids movie tracks and songs famously covered by popular artists. Like the 1990s track, which was in Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Run, covered by Leona Lewis. Sure, some aren't very well-known choices (ala The Cat Empire) but whats wrong with a bit of diversity?

Your 90s tracks definitely need some work, especially Celine Dion, Dido, and Shania Twain. Yes, they were popular songs back then, but would kids today even like those songs? I remember thinking "My Heart Will Go On" was the most annoying thing ever recorded when I was a kid and I still hate it today at 23.
    The Shania Twain one is one I remember being played at Butlins when I was a kid, I don't know if you are British but it was played in nearly every holiday park. My Heart Will Go On was a bit of a risk choice, but a lot of small girls etc. watch Titanic and love that song. I was gonna use White Flag as the Dido song but I felt Thank You was more appropriate.

Also, as much as I love Elliott Smith, "Rose Parade" isn't exactly family friendly. "The trumpet has obviously been drinking/'Cos he's ****ing up even the simplest lines" definitely wouldn't fly in a Lego game. Maybe replace it with "Angeles"?
    Ah, that's a very good point. I'll have a look at some other tracks including your suggestion.

I'm not so sure your picks for Special Guest bands are that great either. Lego 1 had really, really popular historic acts. Bowie and Queen are obviously rock icons, Iggy Pop is hugely important in punk, Blur's still pretty huge in the UK, and Spinal Tap has a decent cult following.
    Yeah, but Spinal Tap? A kids band? Nuh Uh. Iggy Pop, recognizable by kids? Nuh Uh.

Elvis is obviously important, but is his backing band? LRB just gave Bowie and Iggy random stands in for back up.
    I'd rather see all of 'em. It doesn't really affect people if the band is there. Seriously, what kid knows the Queen members beside Freddie and possibly Brian.

Motorhead kinda works, but they're more on the Spinal Tap/Blur level than Queen. Sorta recognizable, but probably not to kids.
    *cough*Ace of Spades*cough*

Steppenwolf had a lot of great hits, but I don't think the band needs to be in the game.
    I wanted to try to get a band per era. It was either them or The Turtles, and I think Steppenwolf would be more entertaining. I still don't even think my Rolling Stones pick is appropriate, but hey, Honky Tonk Women was in Band Hero/

Supergrass was never that big, and I've honestly never heard of Billy Clyro or Jamiroquai.
    The song was recently made famous by chart annoyance Travie McCoy, so I think a few kids would like it. Also, seeing them in their name shirts from the video would be great. Biffy have been made famous by X Factor and Jamiroquai have had numorous chart hits and quite a few Number 1s on the US Club chart.

I'd move Gorillaz onto the disc rather than DLC. Maybe make Sting, Weezer, Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, Guns N' Roses, or Oasis the playable bands.
    I've ruled out Guitar Hero guests, except Lemmy (he didn't have his band). Oasis would refuse (Noel and Liam aren't exactly close), Weezer... hmm... I don't think my song choice is known as much to give them characters and The Rolling Stones, again, don't have a massive hit that 'kiddies' know.
    Replies inside.
  • V4VendettaV4Vendetta Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    The Boys Are Back in Town is DLC, plus the line the drinks flow and blood will spill is not LEGO friendly.
    edited April 2011
    Replaced Rose Parade with 2:45 AM (Angeles sounded like some sort of... evil/satan vibe. Call me crazy)
    Replaced BABIT with Jailbreak (yes, it's appropriate. There isn't really any violent refrences or anything. Also, I can see the lego animation now)
  • SupaThugPimpinSupaThugPimpin Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    Jailbreak is dlc also. It came in a pack along with Cowboy Song (that barely anyone bought). And according to HMX, it's also Supervision Recommended. Try Still in Love With You
    edited April 2011
    Added the Classic Expansion Pack.
    (The David Bowie track was released on CD in 2008, however it was from a 1972 concert)

Next is tiering!
  • SupaThugPimpinSupaThugPimpin Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    Awwww, no Dolly Parton Lego? That would be hilarious. I'd picture it'd be like this, except in lego form.
  • thatdrummerguythatdrummerguy Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    Decent setlist. But Bad by Michael Jackson has no guitar in it.
    edited April 2011
    thatdrummerguy;4382010 said:
    Decent setlist. But Bad by Michael Jackson has no guitar in it.

Neither does Imagine. What's your point?
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Great setlist, but A Whiter Shade of Pale is already DLC.
  • WestLakeDragonWestLakeDragon Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    DanManRocker;4378689 said:
    I Don't To Miss A Thing?
    Dream On?
    Crying?
    Jaded?

I meant one that was as 'upbeat', something that kids would like to play(although I would enjoy every one of those).
  • nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited April 2011
    I like this setlist, but I like the expansions even more :D
  • prodrummer1prodrummer1 Rising Star
    edited May 2011
    We really need helicopter as dlc wow