5/3/11 DLC Discussion Thread - Culture Club, Loverboy, Phish, Faith No More & STP!

Comments

• BissrokBissrok Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    ...Loverboy, Faith No More, and Stone Temple Pilots? Sweet Jesus, that's some terrible music right there. We're a couple Train songs away from a real disaster.
  • edited April 2011
    Big Bang Baby?!?! Hell yeah! That was sorely missing from the big STP pack we got a while back. I was hoping that they were saving it for RB3 (at the time, since RB3 wasn't out yet), but hey, better late than never!

Working for the Weekend is also an instant buy. I can't help but think of Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn working in a coal mine when I hear that song.

I have Culture Club on Guitar Hero (or was it Band Hero) and when playing that song, my wife gave me the worst "you aren't getting any for a while" look so.. PASS!
  • jarodtoiletboyjarodtoiletboy Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    Everything but Phish for me.
    Never really dug them, but they have tons of fans.
  • ManLovesRobotManLovesRobot Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    In for:
    •Loverboy – “Working for the Weekend” X
    •Stone Temple Pilots – “Big Bang Baby” X
    •Culture Club – “Do You Really Want to Hurt Me”
    •Faith No More – “From Out of Nowhere"

Not a fan of Phish so this will be a pass for me.

I like these weeks with random stuff. It makes for good library fillers.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited April 2011
    Definitely getting STP and CC. Seems that songs from the GH setlists keep coming as weekly DLC for RB. Last week was GH3 and GH2, now Band Hero. Keep it up and hopefully release Foo Fighters soon.
  • Out_of_Time_ManOut_of_Time_Man Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    Really cool!

Those Phish tracks comingare long! Stash is 7:11, Tweezer is 8:42.

I hope, people buy these like crazy, so we'll get some huge Phish 12-pack next time! :D
  • FuzzbapFuzzbap Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    Yes! More Faith No More at last. I'll be having that, plus Big Bang Baby. And also Working for the Weekend so I can pretend to be The Todd out of Scrubs.

Of course, all this is dependant on the PSN being back up. Harumph.
  • Dadasaurus RexDadasaurus Rex Rawwwwwwr!
    edited April 2011
    Skode;4381521 said:
    Boy George haha... i hate that song so much i might end up buying it - How is that even possible

I hear ya! Back in the day I was a definite CC hater. I realize now that they were one of the many bands that got sunk with me because of their, let's just say "silly" videos being overplayed on MTV (MTV was my radio) because the tunes are rather infectious.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited April 2011
    Bissrok;4381543 said:
    We're a couple Train songs away from a real disaster.

I bet that is going to be released next week. "Drops of Jupiter" and "Calling All Angels" both with pro-upgrades, of course.
  • 72_tomahawk_7272_tomahawk_72 Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    I'll be getting the Loverboy and STP pro charts. Really wish the FNM had a pro chart. What a shame.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited April 2011
    Been waiting for "Working for the Weekend" since the leak! Thank god my exams are almost over so I can enjoy Rock Band again. Also picking up STP and FNM!
  • donfelipedonfelipe Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    More Faith No More is always awesome !
  • rab39rab39 Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    Darn, saw Culture Club and thought we had a pack...Another kind of meh week in my opinion...since I prefer 3 packs or more instead of single cuts...and while Do You Really Want To Hurt Me is my favorite Culture Club song...I think other hits would probably be more fun to play. Maybe if any other bands in that list but Phish got two songs I might be a little more excited (heh was there trouble finding "stash" in time for 4/20 or are they just running on weed time?).

I'm sure Loverboy will be really, really popular...and I'm glad their lawsuit against 80s Guiter Hero which was made by Harmonix didn't stop them from making Rock Band.

RBN is knocking it out of the park lately, though, so I'm cool.
  • FuzzbapFuzzbap Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    Spidermaniac;4381522 said:

Maybes:

Don't know the Faith No More song (will check out the preview) ...
    It was their first single with Mike Patton...and it's fantastic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n16hgOn1lVI
  • dikettedikette Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    Only Faith No More for me this week. Loverboy later on maybe.
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    rab39;4381557 said:

I'm sure Loverboy will be really, really popular...and I'm glad their lawsuit against 80s Guiter Hero which was made by Harmonix didn't stop them from making Rock Band.

No... That was the Romantics. I don't think Loverboy had a song in GH80s
  • gham77gham77 Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    Yay!! More Faith No More. Thanks HMX.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited April 2011
    Best week all year. Getting all of it.
  • JasonofindyJasonofindy Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    While not as good as last week, it looks like the streak of wanting at least one track each week will continue.

Everything but Phish for me this week is now being added to the "purchase whenever PSN actually returns list" that already includes Tommy Tutone, all of last week's Kiss/Roy, and the Sister Sin RBN track from last week. I wonder how many impulse sales to casual players Harmonix and other developers are going to lose due to Sony's weak network security and those that breached it causing the PSN shutdown?
  • rab39rab39 Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    I might change my mind about this week, though, after playing the Phish songs. I feel like I can't really listen to bands like Phish or the Dead unless I play them in Rock Band. Both songs could be epic...
  • AeonFrodoAeonFrodo Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    I need to take a listen to some of these songs, but I'm definitely interested in getting the STP song.
    And I might get 'Do You Want to Hurt Me' just to have fun singing it.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Out_of_Time_Man;4381550 said:
    Really cool!

Those Phish tracks comingare long! Stash is 7:11, Tweezer is 8:42.

I hope, people buy these like crazy, so we'll get some huge Phish 12-pack next time! :D

That's a good news, isn't it? I like really long songs in Rock Band.

Anyway, I guess that a Phish 12 songs pack won't happen. My bet is they had signed with HMX for 3 songs, one of them is Llama. Wilson is another thing.
  • rab39rab39 Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    kitlerc;4381560 said:
    No... That was the Romantics. I don't think Loverboy had a song in GH80s
    oops! Thanks for the correction. Mixed up my 80s rock songs that pump up the dance floor. (Would really love Talking In My Sleep though...and I hope Bow Wow Wow who testified aren't Bl'ed, either.
  • Odin ForceOdin Force Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Getting everything except (maybe) Big Band Baby.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited April 2011
    Maybe the Faith No More track, but once again, an uninteresting week with no interest in booting up the Rock Band 3 disc again.
  • Out_of_Time_ManOut_of_Time_Man Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, really good news! And what would hold them back from signing another contract after these tracks sell well? I want "You Enjoy Myself" , even if it frustrates every single vocalist out there...
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    Awesome week! Great STP pick!

Now all we need is Wicked Garden, Down, Unglued, Sour Girl, and All in the Suit That You Wear!!!
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited April 2011
    According to the blog, every song has a keys part this week.
  • CycoMiko138CycoMiko138 Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    I'm definitely picking up the Faith No More track! (We need more from them, guys!) The Phish songs sound like a lot of fun, too. Big Bang Baby is a maybe.
  • CHampDudeCHampDude Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    Definitely getting Working for the Weekend and Do You Really Want to Hurt Me. Yeay for 80's music :D