5/3/11 DLC Discussion Thread - Culture Club, Loverboy, Phish, Faith No More & STP!

MagnetMagnet Moderator
edited May 2011 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4377570 said:
Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (May 3):

• Culture Club – “Do You Really Want to Hurt Me”
• Faith No More – “From Out of Nowhere”
• Loverboy – “Working for the Weekend” X
• Phish – “Stash” X
• Phish – “Tweezer”
• Stone Temple Pilots – “Big Bang Baby” X

(All tracks are original master recordings)
(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system May 4)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

What catches your eye in this mix of singles from the 80s and 90s?

Comments

• jasonrosenbaumjasonrosenbaum Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    BIG BANG BABY! I just did a self-high five!
  • dansolodansolo Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    Oh **** Yeah, that is insane, seriously considering eventually buying all available dlc when psn comes back
    ps. first time I've ever waited to see the announcement right when it's available and obviously I am not disappointed since FNM is my favorite band of all time by far and everything else is pretty great too, My hats off to Dog037, RIP Chris Farley, and I love you Harmonix
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited April 2011
    Nice one for fans of variety.

I really hope that "Working For The Weekend" is the original recording from the '80's and not a recent re-record. That song is one of my favorites.
  • zachman3001zachman3001 Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    Assuming the PSN is up and these and last weeks songs get put up in a timely manner....

I am ALL over "Working for the Weekend". I may have to join HMXHenry in singing it constantly at all events until I am dragged off stage.

"Do You Really Want To Hurt Me" would be great for the lulz. Might jump on that too. Not familiar with the rest of the songs.
  • BruceDickinsonBruceDickinson Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Awesome week, getting it all! Big Bang Baby is a great surprise...
  • MPPMikeMPPMike Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    "From Out of Nowhere" applies to the first song on that list! Culture Club, really? That Faith No More song is simply amazing. It's always been my favorite of theirs. I'll definitely get the STP and Loverboy too. I'll even consider the Boy George. Not a Phish phan though.
  • CrazyIvanCrazyIvan Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    Now that's what I'm talking about! I love the diversity of these kind of weeks. Personally, I'm not going to buy any of them because they're just not my cup of tea. But I still love to see weeks that have not only multiple artists, but such different musicians and genres.

Great job.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, I called Boy George! :D

I have to say to Der_Lex that his hints are really fun. ;)

Big week imo. Phish, FNM... I just hope that we'll get PSN working for the next week.
  • UltraceUltrace Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Hm, I'll have to give this week a listen. I'm a big fan of the 80s, but Culture Club here might be a little too laid-back for me. Working for the Weekend is almost certainly a buy. I don't know the Stone Temple Pilots or Phish songs, but I like Stone Temple Pilots in general and loathe Llama, so there's some possibilities there.
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Let's all endeavor to make "Working for the Weekend" a top 10 all-time download.

The Rock Band platform and game was created expressly for this song.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    More STP? Damn cool.

Workin' for the Weekend? Awesome!

Phish? *guitar-gasm*

Faith No More? AMAZING!

Do You Really Wanna Hurt Me?!?!?!? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Best week in forever!!!!!!
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited April 2011
    Boy George haha... i hate that song so much i might end up buying it - How is that even possible
  • SpidermaniacSpidermaniac Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    Awesome mix of genres. Lovin' it. Here's my haul:

Definites:
    Some solid rock songs with PRO upgrades, and Loverboy will be a definate crowd pleaser -- break out the headbands!

Maybes:
    • Faith No More – “From Out of Nowhere”
    Don't know the Faith No More song (will check out the preview) and while I know the Culture Club song, I played it in Band Hero and it wasn't all that exciting. I'll probably pass on both but we'll see how the mood strikes me next week.
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Wow, so much better than last week :)

I'm buying all of it!

Culture Club – “Do You Really Want to Hurt Me” = Classic karaoke song!
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Havent heard of any of them except Do You Really Want to Hurt Me and Working for the Weekend, in which i let out a cry of excitement. I love Llama by Phish, so I'll be sure to check out those other songs!
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited April 2011
    Nothing really spectacular. The following I will place on the maybe list:

What is weird, is "Big Band Baby" was playing on my iPod when I pulled up the announcment.
  • c-murphc-murph Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    I like variety single weeks.
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Definitely getting Loverboy, not getting Culture Club, everything else is a maybe, depends on how much money I want to spend I guess.
  • Tom ImpTom Imp Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Sony better get their heads out of their asses and fix this crap soon because this will be 3 weeks now that I'm gonna miss out on some great stuff.
  • EpidehlEpidehl Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    Hmm, may end up getting everything but the Phish. Was unsure about the STP and FNM but the songs sound like they'll be pretty fun to play.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Awesome week, getting everything.
  • chuponchupon Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    Yay Phish!
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Just the Culture Club and Loverboy for me. Never been a big fan of Phish, can't stand Faith no More, and the STP song isn't one I really get into.
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Love the DeLeo brothers so STP with pro upgrade 4sho. Prob get the CC and Loverboy songs too.
  • hakko504hakko504 Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    Culture Club for sure. Will check out the rest, though it doesn't look too interesting. However I don't dismiss anything with Pro guitar without listening to it first. The Faith No More track would have been a much more likely purchase if it had Pro Guitar - without it, probably not. And I can't say I liked 'Llama' from Rb3 that much so I'll probably pass the Phish.
  • ASC2175ASC2175 Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    Loverboy, that's it. Had that song on my iPod for years now.
  • hek8981hek8981 Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    I'll have to check out the Faith No More song to decide if I am getting it or not. Definitely not getting Culture Club or Phish. But STP and Loverboy? Absolutely!

I love variety weeks! Thanks Harmonix!
  • zepplinmikezepplinmike Rising Star
    edited April 2011
    Nice! "Big Bang Baby" was probably my most wanted STP song, including the ones we already have.

I'll probably get everything, although I'm gonna have to check out the Phish songs first, cuz I don't know them.
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Loverboy, Faith No More and STP for me next week!
  • BissrokBissrok Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    ...Loverboy, Faith No More, and Stone Temple Pilots? Sweet Jesus, that's some terrible music right there. We're a couple Train songs away from a real disaster.