An Absolute must! (Contact Valve/Mike Morasky/Jonathan C.)

SystemSCSnakeSystemSCSnake Road Warrior
edited May 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Because of how awesome it would be to have songs from the Portal 2 OST(s). I listened to different mixes and recordings, and I have concluded that it would be freaking amazing to have! We are in need of more electronic chip tune stuff, and it would be just so perfect.

"Science Is Fun"
"The Friendly Faith Plate"
"I Saw A Deer Today"
"Four Part Plan"
"Robots FTW"
"Want You Gone" (Jonathan Coulton)

...and possibly medleys of the other songs!

Make this happen RBN!!!!

Comments

• TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Already working on the last one, but haven't heard back from Valve as of yet
  • SheyvanSheyvan Opening Act
    edited April 2011
    TubaDude49;4379852 said:
    Already working on the last one, but haven't heard back from Valve as of yet
    If you really do.. please ask valve / coulton for a Still alive Rb3 version.. i think people would buy it,.. even though the RB2 one is Free
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited April 2011
    I think it was RockGamer who put out the Midnight Riders tracks, they might have some contacts in place with Valve
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    edited April 2011
    I work down the street from Valve.

I'll see if they'll let me in to get a meeting.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited April 2011
    Sheyvan;4380468 said:
    If you really do.. please ask valve / coulton for a Still alive Rb3 version.. i think people would buy it,.. even though the RB2 one is Free
    I would buy it if it were 80msp. Keys would be nice, but that's about it. It already has Pro Drums and the (at least what sound like) harmonies just aren't really there enough to justify.

Personally, I don't think there is a dire need for a RB3 Version.
  • edited April 2011
    Midnight Riders could use a RB3 version though, One Bad Man especially.

and what ever happened to getting the other 2 Midnight Riders songs? and while on the subject of video game songs what about 'Splode Beneath Your 'Splosion and the Super Meat Boy songs?
  • SystemSCSnakeSystemSCSnake Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    Valve released the official soundtrack for Portal 2!....THIS REALLY NEEDS TO HAPPEN!
  • AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
    edited May 2011
    Sheyvan;4380468 said:
    That's is a lot more complicated than you might think. No one really knows whether the original licensing agreement or any HMX/artist licensing agreement would allow for a RBN author to come along and then rerelease a song with a RB3 version.
  • SheyvanSheyvan Opening Act
    edited May 2011
    Yeah,.. i was thinking about that more than once... especially since this is a special case with a free song. I would contact HMX and ask them about that.

BTW: in a L4D2 Survey they asked if we played one of the midnight rider songs on RB.. and as many people replied "yes!".. they were like "we need to get back to get the rest of their catalogue to RB, expect to hear from us about that!" ...that was nearly half a year ago i guess^^
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4380495 said:
    I would buy it if it were 80msp. Keys would be nice, but that's about it. It already has Pro Drums and the (at least what sound like) harmonies just aren't really there enough to justify.

Personally, I don't think there is a dire need for a RB3 Version.
    Turn in your Coulton fancard!

I've been hoping for the Jonathan Coulton version of the song to come to the RBN so I don't need to sing in my girl voice!
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited May 2011
    NoThru22;4404305 said:
    Turn in your Coulton fancard!

I've been hoping for the Jonathan Coulton version of the song to come to the RBN so I don't need to sing in my girl voice!

I've always sung Still Alive in my Jonathan Coulton voice and it's never been a problem thanks to the octave-shift thing
  • JupiahJupiah Unsigned
    edited May 2011
    The rest of the Portal 2 soundtrack would probably have to be picked up by a RBN authoring group, but I would bet good money that Harmonix is probably already working on or planning to officially release "Want you Gone". They did make "Still Alive" after all.
  • edited May 2011
    I didn't want to make a new thread and this seems to fit here so:
    Has anyone tried to contact PopCap about getting the song at the end of Plants vs Zombies? It would have great harmonies lol.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    LuigiHann;4404347 said:
    I've always sung Still Alive in my Jonathan Coulton voice and it's never been a problem thanks to the octave-shift thing
    I sing all Coulton songs in my voice and it always fine but it doesn't work in Still Alive (for me.) I have to sing in my girly voice.
  • AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
    edited May 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4405602 said:
    I didn't want to make a new thread and this seems to fit here so:
    Has anyone tried to contact PopCap about getting the song at the end of Plants vs Zombies? It would have great harmonies lol.

http://laurashigihara.bandcamp.com/album/plants-vs-zombies-soundtrack

Contacting whoever has the rights shouldn't be too hard, as the OST was released on Bandcamp. You'd just have to hit that "For all inquiries" button, fill out the form, and ask about who you'd have to contact. Then it should be easy from there (to contact them, that is, not necessarily to get an agreement).
  • edited May 2011
    AskariNari;4407386 said:
    http://laurashigihara.bandcamp.com/album/plants-vs-zombies-soundtrack

Contacting whoever has the rights shouldn't be too hard, as the OST was released on Bandcamp. You'd just have to hit that "For all inquiries" button, fill out the form, and ask about who you'd have to contact. Then it should be easy from there (to contact them, that is, not necessarily to get an agreement).
    I sent a message. If i do hear back what authoring group should i refer her to?