Adele Possibly?

NecromancersLoveNecromancersLove Unsigned
edited October 2012 in Your Ultimate Setlist
Ok, before you start shouting "Heck no! That girls music is trash!" lets take a look at some of her music. Most of it features heavy keys, acoustic guitars, and beastly vocals, and I would be the first one to say that Rock Band lacks a large amount of music that is more towards soulful music. I can recomend other artists too whose music is more soulful like The Temptations. I personally think Harmonix could make Adele's music possible and they would sell killer amounts she has become famous in a matter of a few months. A couple songs I recomend:

Rolling In The Deep
Chasing Pavements

theres other great songs by her though.

Comments

• NegimafanNegimafan Opening Act
    edited May 2011
    I'd love for Adele to be on RB. I love her voice and her piano playing is impressive.
  • NecromancersLoveNecromancersLove Unsigned
    edited May 2011
    Thats one thing that would casue complications most of her songs are only her singing with keys dont get me wrong shes an excellent pianist but nearly all of her songs are that way.
  • NegimafanNegimafan Opening Act
    edited May 2011
    Rolling In The Deep has guitar, bass and drumming though, and it's her most popular song. I was hoping it could be on-disc for the next title. It's that good.
  • SnitskySnitsky Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    NecromancersLove;4385538 said:
    Ok, before you start shouting "Heck no! That girls music is trash!"

If anyone really said that they are a 100% un-respectable fool who knows nothing about music.

When I 1st heard Adele I thought "HOT DAMN THIS WOMAN CAN SING!" , that paired with the fact that she uses real instruments as her music , its all around excellent & soulful musicianship going on.

I say absolutley yes to Adele for RB , "Rolling in the deep" at least is a MUST. Like the other guy said , it really is SO good that it could be a well deserved RB4 main disc song.
  • SoratarSoratar Scapegoat
    edited May 2011
    Oh, man, I really hope so. I've been playing Rolling in the Deep on real drums and it is an absolute blast to play. Adele makes really good music and she would be great for RB.
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited May 2011
    We've got Amy Winehouse in the game so I don't see any reason not to have Adele. I'd buy some of her music if it were released. I'd also love some Duffy.
  • TuleRuneTuleRune Rising Star
    edited May 2011
    Anyone who says Rolling in the Deep is her most famous song hasn't been to the UK. Someone Like You is the most over-played song that I've heard. I wouldn't groan if she made it onto RB but I wouldn't buy it
  • CharlitoDoritoCharlitoDorito Unsigned
    edited May 2011
    God, no.
    Who would do this to humanity? She should have been shot a LOOONG time ago.
  • SoratarSoratar Scapegoat
    edited May 2011
    CharlitoDorito;4395280 said:
    God, no.

I don't understand what is so bad about her. She has a great voice and makes music that attracts a wide audience.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Opening Act
    edited May 2011
    Soratar;4396640 said:
    I don't understand what is so bad about her. She has a great voice and makes music that attracts a wide audience.

It's is probably because she doesn't make music that sounds just like Avenged Sevenfold, the people who would complain about this are likely the same people who complained about Amy Winehouse.
  • SnitskySnitsky Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    Soratar;4396640 said:

Don't pay any attention to that idiot , hes just hopelessly stupid/ignorant.

Probably doesn't like her because shes either

A.Not from the 60's and has some stupid notion that only old = good
    B.Doesn't Play 28/4 , 17/9 , 99/1 timesignature progressive black metal and that simply cannot be tolerated now can it? How dare she..
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited May 2011
    lol 99/1 time signature O_O
  • MadamKMadamK Unsigned
    edited September 2011
    PLEASE put Adele's song "Someone Like You" up. I would love to sing that song with my "band" and it has some mad piano (makes good use of the keyboard). There aren't enough songs on RB with impressive keyboard parts. Most of them are easy and super short.
  • Alfon1995Alfon1995 Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    CharlitoDorito;4395280 said:
    God, no.

I wouldn't say that way, but well, she's not a good artist. Her music is extremely commercial and pretentious. Her voice doesn't have any feeling, it's just a good voice, but not a powerful and natural one.

And I'm not a "metal man" at all.
  • Lameboy19Lameboy19 Headliner
    edited September 2011
    I wanna make a fat joke

but instead I'll just politely say no.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited September 2011
    Lameboy19;4489249 said:
    I wanna make a fat joke

but instead I'll just politely say no.

Let's not be that way, Lameboy19.

And I'd buy some Ad
  • ToaNidhiki05ToaNidhiki05 Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    I'd love to see an Adele song, particularly Rolling in the Deep. RB has used piano-led songs, most notable "Imagine" by John Lennon, so I wouldn't be surprised to see "Someone Like You" or "Turning Tables" in an Adele pack.\

Her biggest problem with getting on is she only has two albums and a couple hit singles at this point, but a three-song pack of "Chasing Pavements", "Rolling in the Deep", and "Someone Like You" wouldn't be bad.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    I'd make room for her. "Rollin IN The Deep" would be fun to play. I like the drums...haha...I wanna pound on my kick pedal.Yeah.
  • edited October 2011
    I think the RB song catalog is deep enough that we can indeed add some more songs that dont involve he whole band.

She writes some amazing stuff.
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited October 2011
    I honestly can't tell the difference between her voice and the dude from Maroon 5's voice. Perhaps both of them can get their songs released as part of the "These Singers Sound Alike even though they're polar opposites in regards to everything else" track pack. ;)
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited October 2011
    Razor_Shark;4396669 said:
    It's is probably because she doesn't make music that sounds just like Avenged Sevenfold, the people who would complain about this are likely the same people who complained about Amy Winehouse.

I actually complained more about Avenged Sevenfold being in Rock Band 3 than Amy Winehouse.
  • Android24Android24 Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    I'm all for an Adele pack. Rolling in the Deep, Someone Like You, and Rumor Has It would be great songs from the new album to have, while a few of her earlier hits could make for a respectably sized DLC pack. i'll admit i didn't know about her until Someone Like You, but I think that she deserves a pack on Rock Band. :D
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    I leave my answer as a simple and kind No thanks
  • Scythemaster 37Scythemaster 37 Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    I think she'd do well to have a single or a 3 pack. If it's a single it will be "Rolling in the Deep", which I'm honestly surprised we haven't gotten yet. A 3 pack would add "Someone Like You" and "Chasing Pavements". I'd buy the single and I'd buy the 3 pack.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited December 2011
    Adele wouldn't be bad...
    but i could imagine how boring Rumor Has It would be on vocals.
    Most of her music has pretty cool drums/keys though.
  • djchuckydjchucky Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    Alfon1995;4489232 said:
    I wouldn't say that way, but well, she's not a good artist. Her music is extremely commercial and pretentious. Her voice doesn't have any feeling, it's just a good voice, but not a powerful and natural one.

And I'm not a "metal man" at all.

Extremely commercial ? I don't know if you have realized but there are a lot of commercial tracks on Rock Band and to say her voice doesn't have any feeling is stupid cause she sings about experiences in her life if that isn't feeling then what is
  • csandiegocsandiego Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    Sign me in - Adele is awesome!
  • tati81tati81 Opening Act
    edited December 2011
  • nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited December 2011
    Adele's "Rolling In The Deep" is a pretty good song. I could see it on Rock Band.

I need to listen to more of her to know if she deserves more than one song, but it sounds like she does.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited December 2011
    Adele is one of those artists that really deserves to be in Rock Band, but I don't really see it happening. Still, I'd love if it did.