Alter Bridge for Rock Band

MGSolidSnakeMGSolidSnake Opening Act
edited November 2012 in Your Ultimate Setlist
Basically, I've decided to make sort of an official Alter Bridge for Rock Band thread, seeing that my thread is one of the only AB threads that are still active. In it, I have listed links to all Alter Bridge songs. Not only will this hopefully help bring AB to Rock Band, but possibly spread the word about them. They are, indeed, a great band, and too many people dismiss them as Creed with a new singer. Granted, I liked Creed. But trust me, Alter Bridge has a much more different feeling than Creed.

To all the Alter Bridge fans on the Rock Band forums, I invite you to insert a link to this post in your profile, and help spread the word. If you find anyone discussing Alter Bridge, refer them to this thread. Got it? Alright.

Like I said before, I posted Alter Bridge's songs. Here they are.
(NOTE: Since posting YouTube videos actually posts the video on these boards and not just a link, I used links that have the YouTube videos on them, so they don't take up an obnoxious amount of space here.)

2004 - One Day Remains
[list=1]
[*]Find the Real
[*]One Day Remains
[*]Open Your Eyes
[*]Burn It Down
[*]Metalingus
[*]Broken Wings
[*]In Loving Memory
[*]Down to My Last
[*]Watch Your Words
[*]Shed My Skin
[*]The End Is Here
[/list]
2007 - Blackbird
[list=1]
[*]Ties That Bind
[*]Come to Life
[*]Brand New Start
[*]Buried Alive
[*]Coming Home
[*]Before Tomorrow Comes
[*]Rise Today
[*]Blackbird
[*]One by One
[*]Watch Over You
[*]Break Me Down
[*]White Knuckles
[*]Wayward One
[/list]

Comments

• MGSolidSnakeMGSolidSnake Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    Hmm. Kinda hopin' I'd have some more support.
  • S1ashRevS1ashRev Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    Any Alter Bridge in Rock Band would be awesome. Most people don't realize who they are.
  • GlassPrisonerGlassPrisoner Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    How about One Day Remains or Metalingus? Those two are better than anything off the second album...

One Day Remains would actually have a pretty hard guitar part... (the riff would be just about the fastest in the game)
    edited January 2008
    GlassPrisoner;249588 said:
    How about One Day Remains or Metalingus? Those two are better than anything off the second album...

One Day Remains would actually have a pretty hard guitar part... (the riff would be just about the fastest in the game)
    Those would be great songs, too.
  • TMac93TMac93 Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    Metalingus
    In Loving Memory
    Open Your Eyes
    edited January 2008
    Added a poll for what song you'd like to see the most. Vote now! If you the song you want isn't in the poll, write it in a reply!
  • deediaredeediare Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    Ahh yes! Another Alter Bridge supporter! Good job compiling all those videos. I feel anything off the new album would work, but "Buried Alive" sticks out like a sore thumb when I think about Rock Band for some reason. Ties that Bind would also be pretty cool. I also agree with the person that stated that "One Day Remains" would be a pretty sick guitar riff.
  • theChipstertheChipster Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Couldn't agree more! Rock Band is definitely missing some AB. A Tremonti solo on expert would be insane! I personally love the songs Before Tomorrow Comes and One by One. But anything from either album would be awesome.
  • Tender-SurrenderTender-Surrender Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    I normally do not say no to people suggestiong for DLC, I mean if this happened I wouldn't have to DL it. That being said. I wouldn't want them to waste DLC on a group like Alter Bridge, to me they aren't very interesting. Not in the least to be added to this game.

I am not sure how popular they are, but I am sure they do not have a big of a following as say All-American Rejects, another band I am not fond of. But was a smart move for HMX, because stuff like that will sell really well.

AB to me sounds too much like Creed, and I have listened to several songs, they just don't sound interesting at all. That being said, I would probably DL them if they were released, but I would rather get DLC on more interesting music.

That is just me though, I am sure there is a decent amount of people who will want AB, maybe enough to warrant DLC? Who knows.
  • TransbrakTransbrak Headliner
    edited January 2008
    None of the above?? i didnt see the option??
  • johnny_blingjohnny_bling Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    I'm with tender surrender on this one. When I suggest STP or The Ramones my friends say "yeah!". If I suggested alter bridge they'd say "Who?" then I'd say "Ya know, Creed minus the alcoholic spouse abuser." Then they'd laugh at me and say "You paid 2 bucks for this?!"
    edited February 2008
    Tender-Surrender;281374 said:
    I normally do not say no to people suggestiong for DLC, I mean if this happened I wouldn't have to DL it. That being said. I wouldn't want them to waste DLC on a group like Alter Bridge, to me they aren't very interesting. Not in the least to be added to this game.

I am not sure how popular they are, but I am sure they do not have a big of a following as say All-American Rejects, another band I am not fond of. But was a smart move for HMX, because stuff like that will sell really well.

AB to me sounds too much like Creed, and I have listened to several songs, they just don't sound interesting at all. That being said, I would probably DL them if they were released, but I would rather get DLC on more interesting music.

That is just me though, I am sure there is a decent amount of people who will want AB, maybe enough to warrant DLC? Who knows.
    Well, you know, you can't make everyone happy. Personally, I don't care much for most of the DLC content they have out there right now. The only songs I've DLed are "Fortunate Son" and "All the Small Things." Nor do I have an interest in DLing the Nirvana and The Who albums. Don't get me wrong. I like both albums. But that's just me, and I'm most likely in the minority.

When you say that they sound too much like Creed, you've probably only listened to "One Day Remains." Check out some of the songs in the main post from the album "Blackbird." They've basically moved away from that. I honestly don't hear Creed in that album.

I figure that it's possible for them to throw in one or two songs sometime in the future should enough people request it.
    edited February 2008
    johnny_bling;281650 said:
    I'm with tender surrender on this one. When I suggest STP or The Ramones my friends say "yeah!". If I suggested alter bridge they'd say "Who?" then I'd say "Ya know, Creed minus the alcoholic spouse abuser." Then they'd laugh at me and say "You paid 2 bucks for this?!"
    Ah yes. The person who is easily influenced by what their friends think. Good job.
    edited February 2008
    Transbrak;281378 said:
    None of the above?? i didnt see the option??
    Looking at the bands you listen to, you might actually like AB's new album.
  • ChevelleFan44ChevelleFan44 Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    I voted for 'Open Your Eyes' but I like 'Rise Today' also.
  • TRIPLE_MTRIPLE_M Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    Metalingus needs to be in this game
  • mando86mando86 Banned
    edited February 2008
    No Alter Bridge or Creed plz kthxbai.
  • phoenix_fire2005phoenix_fire2005 Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    A lot of the focus with Guitar Hero and Rock Band has been on bands with musical talent that's above average. I know certainty not every song in the game is like that, but look at some of the upper-tier bands in rock band, bands such as Boston and Iron Maiden that are definetly at least "above average" in terms of musical talent. But I believe Alter Bridge is very much a band in this category. There's a reason Tremonti (their guitarist) just made the cover of Total Guitar magazine, and has been on guitar magazine covers many times before... he's an amazing riff-writer and becoming a very good lead guitarist as well. Myles is an amazing singer with incredible range and comes up with awesome vocal lines. The drummer Scott Phillips is typically not very flashy, but also quite good, and the same goes for their bassist Brian Marshall. Both are definetly above average, especially when compared with most other modern rock bands.

Now, given all of that, I know there is this Creed stigma associated with the band, especially in the states. But Alter Bridge is currently playing to sold out venues (of good sizes too) in the UK and overall is getting quite popular in Europe. And despite their Creed stigma in the US, they managed to get to #3 on Billboard's Mainstream Rock Charts and stay around there for a number of weeks.

So, yeah, I'll agree that Alter Bridge is not one of the top selling artists right now or anything like that, but they're still fairly popular and they fit the criteria for a good "Rock Band" band (no pun intended) very well. Perhaps a song on Rock Band would help them overcome their Creed stigma. Really, the vast majority of songs on their new CD sound pretty much nothing like Creed, and the few that sound kind-of like Creed are still quite good and still wouldn't be mistaken for Creed with Myles' singing (he sounds completely different from Stapp) and his influence on the music/songwriting.

As for what song... well, the poll said what song you'd like to have in Rock Band, so I chose Blackbird. For those of you that haven't heard it, it's an amazing rock epic that I think could be considered Modern Rock blended with a bit of Metal and some Zeppelin-like Classic Rock (bold statement, I know). It is a both haunting and beautiful tribute to a man who died. It has this incredible emotion and passion in it, not to mention amazing singing and moving guitar solos. However, don't take my word for it... you can decide for yourself by listening to it. However, I think Rise Today would be a better choice, not because its a better song, but because it was released as a single and is more well-known, and thus would probably sell better. Really, I'd love to see all of them available for download, but at this point, to have one song would be a huge improvement from having none.

So, I don't know who I really need to be talking to in order to get real interest from the people in charge. Certainly I think getting Harmonix or EA's attention, as well as Alter Bridge's label Universal-Republic (a major label) would be good. But first I guess the people that would be buying the downloads (that means all owners of Rock Band, and thus I'm probably talking to you if you're on this forum). Anyway, make what you will of this post. I realized this may be brushed off as a fan boy ranting for his favorite band or something, but I included some facts for objective info, and clips of the band so you could hear them yourselves, and decide for yourselves. In the end, I ask that you listen not to me, but to the band. I believe they make the stronger argument.
  • bobertoqbobertoq Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    I signed up just to say that Blackbird needs to be on Rock Band. Then Metalingus then One Day Remains
    edited February 2008
    Well said, Phoenix. And yes, "Blackbird" needs to be in this. Would it be wrong to say that it is the "Stairway to Heaven" of current rock? Rock Band does need more epic songs like "Blackbird" if you ask me. But I'm also thinking that "Rise Today" would probably be a more sensible choice at the moment. Anyway, Phoenix, I enjoyed reading your post, and I'm glad to know that there are people somewhere that enjoy this band as much as I do.
  • DPruett2333DPruett2333 Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    Alter Bridge! My favorite band! I'd be happy with any song off either album being on Rockband. Blackbird is my top choice, though...

ROCK ON AB!
  • altair1121altair1121 Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    I think Alter Bridge would be perfect for RB. I'd like to see the entire first album(especially Shed My Skin, Down to My Last, Metalingus, and Open Your Eyes), and Watch Over You and Before Tomorrow Comes off of Blackbird.(I personally think One Day Remains is much, much better than Blackbird)
  • Mikey35Mikey35 Rising Star
    edited March 2008
    Ill take any Alter Bridge myself, I am not as familiar with the 2nd album, but i twould be nice Im sure to have a mix from both. Mark tremonti sp?? Is one hell of a guitarist.
  • FlatLikePancakeFlatLikePancake Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    Find the Real
    Metalingus
    One Day Remains
    Buried Alive
    Ties That Bind
    Rise Today
    Blackbird
    edited March 2008
    Wow. "Open Your Eyes" just kinda jumped out in front of "Blackbird."
  • superbleedersuperbleeder Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    Down to my Last, Metalingus, and Blackbird. Actually anything from Alter Bridge would be awesome. Best band evar.
  • superbleedersuperbleeder Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    Alter Bridge. Weeeeeeee
  • jtrousdjtrousd Road Warrior
    edited March 2008
    I'd LOVE to see Blackbird in Rock Band. That song would be incredible to play over and over and over again.

I <3 Alter Bridge.
  • StiffKleenexStiffKleenex Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    Ya Blackbird would be sweet. Also Metalingus. I mean it has the word "Metal" right in the title.
    edited March 2008
    StiffKleenex;374335 said:
    Ya Blackbird would be sweet. Also Metalingus. I mean it has the word "Metal" right in the title.
    Lol, this is true.