5/19/11 DLC Discussion Thread - Pantera 4-pack and Peter Frampton!

edited June 2011 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4390338 said:
Hey gang,

If you've been keeping up with the Harmonix Podcast you already knew that next week we're getting some kick ass Pantera DLC! Here's a link to the podcast page so you can catch up on past episodes and subscribe on iTunes so you don't miss out on future scoops!

Joining the classic Pantera tracks is Peter Frampton's legendary "Do You Feel Like We Do" from Frampton Comes Alive. Here's what renowned rock critic Wayne Campbell had to say about the album: "Everybody in the world has Frampton Comes Alive. If you lived in the suburbs you were issued it. It came in the mail with samples of "Tide".

Pay close attention to the release date for this DLC, as content is scheduled to release on Thursday May 19th, rather than the traditional Tuesday launch date. We have some server migration scheduled next week, so you should expect to see this batch of DLC on the 19th.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (May 19):

• Pantera – “5 Minutes Alone” X
• Pantera – “I’m Broken”
• Pantera – “Mouth for War”
• Pantera – “Walk” X
• Peter Frampton – “Do You Feel Like We Do (Live)”

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system May 18)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Pantera Pack 01” and as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade
$6.99, £3.49 UK, €5.29 EU (560 Microsoft Points, 700 Wii Points) for Pantera Pack 01

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official discussion thread in the Rock Band forum.

For all DLC song credits, including album and genre info as well as difficulty ratings, you can check out the Songs page.

And for awesome background information on this content, including recording details, album of origin, and release details you can head on over to the Rock Band 'Zine for brand new articles!

Rock Band Network releases will be listed below shortly. Check back soon!

Do you feel like we do, and can't you wait to pick up that awesome Frampton track? Or would you rather take a walk with Pantera? or maybe you'd like 5 minutes alone with both?

Comments

• dethklokdethklok Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    I was so excited to have Pantera for my birthday (5/17), but turns out i have to wait 2 extra days to get it :( And also i have to wait another 6 years for my birthday to fall on DLC day AGAIN.

Oh well :) still very happy with this DLC. Going to get most all the Pantera
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited May 2011
    God dammit! I was looking forward to buying Do You Feel Like We Do until I found out it was a live version. Now there’s now way I’m buying that POS. Burn in hell Harmonix.
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    I'm buying it all. Must buy. Been waiting for Walk for a long time. Thanks, HMX!

Every decade there's one album that everybody owns. Frampton Comes Alive, Meatloaf's Bat Out of Hell, and Metallica's self-titled 'black album'. Hopefully we'll get more Frampton in the future, as well as more Meatloaf and Metallica.
  • zemanator1zemanator1 Unsigned
    edited May 2011
    solidsnakejt said:
    what???

no pro upgrade for Frampton? why?
    Ultrace;4393679 said:
    No surprise it doesn't have pro guitar charted since the return on investment there would probably never come above the red line.
    ^^
  • Pointblank41Pointblank41 Rising Star
    edited May 2011
    Epic Peter Frampton track but without Pro Guitar??? I've been buying only songs with Pro Guitar but I'll have to make an exception due to the shear awesomeness that is Do You Feel Like I Do
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    dog037;4393683 said:
    God dammit! I was looking forward to buying Do You Feel Like We Do until I found out it was a live version. Now there’s now way I’m buying that POS. Burn in hell Harmonix.

Yeah, I hate live tracks.
    Actually, I hate live concerts.
    Playback is the only way I can stand music.

Anyway, getting everything... when PSN will be alive.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    Ugh...definitely not a Pantera fan. I already played "Do You Feel Like We Do?" in GH5 and got bored with it during my first play through (not a huge fan of long songs). Nothing for me this week.
    edited May 2011
    their choices for Pro Guitar are rather hit or miss.... No pro guitar for Frampton, Band on the Run, Through Glass, let's hope they decide to go back to some of these tracks and offer pro guitar/bass in the future
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited May 2011
    Lord_Mhoram;4393678 said:
    Just the Frampton for me. Never really liked Pantera.
    Ditto.
  • ChertensteinChertenstein Opening Act
    edited May 2011
    Just the Frampton. I am disappoint at no pro upgrade, but will live. Pantera is a maybe down the line; just never could get into them, but didn't hate them either.
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    I forgot how ridiculously macho "Walk" is. That song should come with a warning about testosterone poisoning. Shame that there's still nothing from the Cowboys album...but there must be something wrong with the masters given that GH had to use a live version of "Cowboys From Hell." I hope we get some version of "Cemetery Gates" someday, that's far and away my favorite Pantera song. Kudos to HMX for doing what they can, though.
  • dmbdawdmbdaw Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    Just Frampton for me.
  • Dadasaurus RexDadasaurus Rex Rawwwwwwr!
    edited May 2011
    dog037;4393683 said:
    Agree with you on most live tracks. But, Do you realize that the live version of DYFLWD is the one that was a monster hit and is a very tidy recording? This is one live track that you should not be afraid of.
  • Alvarado6411Alvarado6411 Dethbringer
    edited May 2011
    In the blog it mentions:
    Four tracks featured on the 2010 compilation Pantera 1990-2000: A Decade of Dominance
    Will the album art be from this compilation or from the individual albums?
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited May 2011
    Pointblank41;4393690 said:
    their choices for Pro Guitar are rather hit or miss.... No pro guitar for Frampton, Band on the Run, Through Glass, let's hope they decide to go back to some of these tracks and offer pro guitar/bass in the future

Yeah, this has been questioned before:

HMXHenry said, I had an awesome talk with our Audio QA guys yesterday and learned that they are very particular about which masters they use for Pro Guitar charts. In addition to needing functioning master tracks to chart songs for 5 button game play, they need especially clear guitar masters to reproduce accurate Pro Guitar charts.
  • murphmurph Rising Star
    edited May 2011
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    Dadasaurus Rex;4393700 said:
    Agree with you on most live tracks. But, Do you realize that the live version of DYFLWD is the one that was a monster hit and is a very tidy recording? This is one live track that you should not be afraid of.

He wasn't being serious.
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited May 2011
    Definitely grabbing Frampton but I'll pass on the rest. I've never liked Pantera.
  • KEWBKEWB Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    Was kinda hoping for some surprise singles this week as well, but I'll take it. Love every song released this week. Two weeks in a row that I'll have bought everything. It's a damn shame DYFLWD doesn't have pro guitar though. :(
    edited May 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4393710 said:
    Hey, HMX, can you confirm or deny the charting of the vocals during those epic talkbox guitar solos in Do You Feel Like We Do?

And since we already knew this was coming.... CAN WE PLEASE HEAR OF JUST ONE SONG FROM THE UPCOMING GAGA PACK (assuming it's a pack)?!?! OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE?

Talkbox is charted to vocals, which you would know if you watched the preview video.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    Hey, HMX, can you confirm or deny the charting of the vocals during those epic talkbox guitar solos in Do You Feel Like We Do?

And since we already knew this was coming.... CAN WE PLEASE HEAR OF JUST ONE SONG FROM THE UPCOMING GAGA PACK (assuming it's a pack)?!?! OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE?
    edited May 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4393710 said:

Talkbox is charted to vocals, which you would know if you watched the preview video.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    Catch-22;4393714 said:

..... I know.

However, I was talking about the solos. Which isn't in the preview. I could easily see them not being charted for whatever reason.
    edited May 2011
    Sayburr;4393703 said:
    Yeah, this has been questioned before:

HMXHenry said, I had an awesome talk with our Audio QA guys yesterday and learned that they are very particular about which masters they use for Pro Guitar charts. In addition to needing functioning master tracks to chart songs for 5 button game play, they need especially clear guitar masters to reproduce accurate Pro Guitar charts.

makes sense, but that's a shame. I can understand live tracks where sounds might be muffled but some of the more recent songs that don't have Pro guitar should still have very clear masters. I guess there's a lot of questions that go into authoring a pro guitar track, what tracks can we do quicker, what tracks have the clearest masters, what songs do we suspect will be the best ROI. Maybe Band On the Run didn't have clear stems as it would have most definitely would have sold better then Let Me Roll It and is still a pretty easy song
  • SongbladeSongblade Rising Star
    edited May 2011
    azzaman333;4393676 said:
    No desire for any of this.
    ^ THIS.

I listened to all the tracks... why were people clamoring for Pantera so badly? Meh.
    edited May 2011
    Songblade;4393719 said:
    ^ THIS.

I listened to all the tracks... why were people clamoring for Pantera so badly? Meh.

Because some people enjoy different kinds of music than you do, you know the obvious reason since musical taste is subjective.
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited May 2011
    Do not want.

Bring on GaGa.
  • dlchief58dlchief58 Opening Act
    edited May 2011
    dog037;4393683 said:

The live version from Frampton Comes Alive IS the definitive version of the song and the one that gets all the radio playtime. In this case, it is the studio version that is inferior to the live one as it is with all the songs on Frampton Comes Alive.
  • KEWBKEWB Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    dlchief58;4393723 said:
    The live version from Frampton Comes Alive IS the definitive version of the song and the one that gets all the radio playtime. In this case, it is the studio version that is inferior to the live one as it is with all the songs on Frampton Comes Alive.

He was being sarcastic.
    edited May 2011
    dlchief58;4393723 said:

Again way to miss the sarcasm.