5/19/11 DLC Discussion Thread - Pantera 4-pack and Peter Frampton!

Comments

• SongbladeSongblade Rising Star
    edited May 2011
    azzaman333;4393676 said:
    No desire for any of this.
    ^ THIS.

I listened to all the tracks... why were people clamoring for Pantera so badly? Meh.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    Songblade;4393719 said:
    ^ THIS.

I listened to all the tracks... why were people clamoring for Pantera so badly? Meh.

Because some people enjoy different kinds of music than you do, you know the obvious reason since musical taste is subjective.
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited May 2011
    Do not want.

Bring on GaGa.
  • dlchief58dlchief58 Opening Act
    edited May 2011
    dog037;4393683 said:
    God dammit! I was looking forward to buying Do You Feel Like We Do until I found out it was a live version. Now there’s now way I’m buying that POS. Burn in hell Harmonix.

The live version from Frampton Comes Alive IS the definitive version of the song and the one that gets all the radio playtime. In this case, it is the studio version that is inferior to the live one as it is with all the songs on Frampton Comes Alive.
  • KEWBKEWB Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    dlchief58;4393723 said:
    The live version from Frampton Comes Alive IS the definitive version of the song and the one that gets all the radio playtime. In this case, it is the studio version that is inferior to the live one as it is with all the songs on Frampton Comes Alive.

He was being sarcastic.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    dlchief58;4393723 said:

Again way to miss the sarcasm.
  • Heavens_SaintHeavens_Saint Rising Star
    edited May 2011
    Songblade;4393719 said:
    ^ THIS.

Oh stop being selfish for once, we've been getting nonstop normal mostly based Keyboard stuff, with a lack of Metal, this is the first Metal band to get their own trackpack in Rock Band 3. Get over it, it's one week.
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    Catch-22;4393727 said:
    Again way to miss the sarcasm.
    Given some of the things people say around here with total seriousness, I can't blame people for being unable to tell.
  • HaibaneHaibane Opening Act
    edited May 2011
    Nothing for me thanks - still, got the Foo Fighters pack last week so can't expect too much ^^
  • striderblackstriderblack Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    Woot, Frampton. Can't wait to say "Bob Mayo on the keyboards, Bob Mayo"
  • kanreikanrei Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    Just my luck....I had little interest in the RB3 DLC, but bought RB3 because it was $20. Since I bought it, it has been non-stop DLC I want to own and the PSN is down so I still can't. I admit it. It must be the fault of my cr*p luck that the PSN crashed.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    Lord_Mhoram;4393678 said:
    Just the Frampton for me. Never really liked Pantera.

Never liked Pantera really much either (Even If I love bands that were inspired by them, such as Machine Head, Trivium, etc.) but these tracks are great.

The Great Southern Trendkill wasn't that great, both to listen and to play (except Floods, one of the greatest guitar tracks ever) but these will be really cool.

Walk probably is gonna be the weakest among these, despite being the most famous.
  • MourganDespanaMourganDespana Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    dog037;4393683 said:
    God dammit! I was looking forward to buying Do You Feel Like We Do until I found out it was a live version. Now there’s now way I’m buying that POS. Burn in hell Harmonix.

it
    was
    recorded
    live.

Not
    in
    studio.

thanks.
  • Soror_YZBLSoror_YZBL Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    Dammit Pantera, this beer is warm!

Frampton is indeed coming alive. Hey HMX, why not the whole album? At least don't just tease us with feel like i do, gimme show me the way, all i wanna be, and because we need another hella opener - something's happening!
  • coolsnoopy97coolsnoopy97 Rising Star
    edited May 2011
    Finally! After over half a year, we finally got some actual decent metal DLC! And Frampton! I'm definitely buying all of this!
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
  • -CrAkD--CrAkD- Unsigned
    edited May 2011
    Yes pantera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • madillmamadillma Rising Star
    edited May 2011
    Soror_YZBL;4393751 said:
    Dammit Pantera, this beer is warm!
    Yes, best quote ever!!

I just can't take Pantera seriously with Cookie Monster on lead vocals though. Sorry, Metalheads.
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited May 2011
    Nothing for me. Not a fam of either.
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    I'll pick up that Loni Rose track from RBN, along with the Amberian Dawn track.

Nothing from the HMX release though. Enjoy Pantera and Frampton guys!
  • nineisminenineismine Opening Act
    edited May 2011
    Can't wait. Buying them all. If Sony can get its act together.
  • Happy29Happy29 Opening Act
    edited May 2011
    HMX <- WINNING! Whole week purchase.
  • GAThrawnGAThrawn Unsigned
    edited May 2011
    Heavens_Saint;4393731 said:
    Oh stop being selfish for once, we've been getting nonstop normal mostly based Keyboard stuff, with a lack of Metal, this is the first Metal band to get their own trackpack in Rock Band 3. Get over it, it's one week.

The thing is, they had 10 other Pantera songs added prior to this 4-pack. So the 14 Pantera songs (from a metal band that only HARDCORE music listeners know) are now tied with Guns n Roses and have a higher total than bands including: the Doors, Bon Jovi, CCR, Weezer, Bowie, Lennon, Rush, Police, Stevie Ray, REM, Cars, Roy Orbison, Benatar, Johnny Cash, Boston, Fleetwood Mac, Kiss, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Ozzy, Talking Heads, McCartney, Foreigner, Metallica (even if I don't really like them), Steve Miller Band, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Dio, Duran Duran, Evanescence, Kansas, REO Speedwagon, Steely Dan, Stevie Nicks, Styx, Allman Brothers, Doobie Brothers, Guess Who, Pretenders, Bad Company, Dream Theater, Elton John, Grand Funk Railroad, Jackson 5, Jefferson Airplane, Jethro Tull, Journey, J. Geils, Radiohead, Simon & Garfunkel, Zombies, Aerosmith, Chicago, Def Leppard, Dire Straits, INXS, Meat Loaf, Santana, Run-DMC, Snow Patrol, Tears for Fears, Beach Boys, Band, Cure, Rolling Stones, Whitesnake, and Yes...not to mention the bands they could have tried to secure songs from no matter how much money it'd take to convince them, such as Eagles, Clapton, Van Halen, and Led Zeppelin. As it is, Pantera is about to overtake the Who and Tom Petty. :(
  • dikettedikette Opening Act
    edited May 2011
    Great!! Frampton for sure! that's all this week.
    i'm not into Pantera, but maybe "Mouth for War" in the future. :)
  • Funk-n-steinFunk-n-stein Rising Star
    edited May 2011
    Kind of shocked only 2 songs with pro upgrades this week and neither of them are Frampton. I was looking forward to that on pro guitar. Oh well, I'll pass on the Pantera as well. Hopefully Harmonix is spending all their pro-charting bandwidth on the upcoming Ozzy pack.

Hopefully the PSN will be back by then....
  • nobunagaspectrenobunagaspectre Unsigned
    edited May 2011
    All this Pantera and still nothing from Cowboys from Hell. In all seriousness those tracks would be the most interesting and entertaining for the various instruments. Not complaining though, don't get me wrong. This is good stuff.

Now all my greatest desires in the world would be fulfilled if they brought out... wait for it...

Some f***ing YES!!! Seriously, the first band that I thought of when Harmonix said they were adding keyboards was Yes. Roundabout will not satiate me for much longer.

But enough of my complaining, you people do excellent work. Keep it up!
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited May 2011
    nobunagaspectre;4393778 said:
    All this Pantera and still nothing from Cowboys from Hell. In all seriousness those tracks would be the most interesting and entertaining for the various instruments. Not complaining though, don't get me wrong. This is good stuff.

Now all my greatest desires in the world would be fulfilled if they brought out... wait for it...

Some f***ing YES!!! Seriously, the first band that I thought of when Harmonix said they were adding keyboards was Yes. Roundabout will not satiate me for much longer.

But enough of my complaining, you people do excellent work. Keep it up!

They are trying to get Cowboy i'm sure. It's either bad masters (like they've said in the podcast) or licensing issues. So really getting anything by a band should make people happy. (Especially with how many masters turn out bad..)

Anyhow.

I'm getting all like usual.. but Frampton is the only thing i'm really EXCITED about... though that preview video was horrible for his song.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited May 2011
    GAThrawn;4393779 said:
    The thing is, they had 10 other Pantera songs added prior to this 4-pack. So the 14 Pantera songs (from a metal band that only HARDCORE music listeners know) are now tied with Guns n Roses and have a higher total than bands including: the Doors, Bon Jovi, CCR, Weezer, Bowie, Lennon, Rush, Police, Stevie Ray, REM, Cars, Roy Orbison, Benatar, Johnny Cash, Boston, Fleetwood Mac, Kiss, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Ozzy, Talking Heads, McCartney, Foreigner, Metallica (even if I don't really like them), Steve Miller Band, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Dio, Duran Duran, Evanescence, Kansas, REO Speedwagon, Steely Dan, Stevie Nicks, Styx, Allman Brothers, Doobie Brothers, Guess Who, Pretenders, Bad Company, Dream Theater, Elton John, Grand Funk Railroad, Jackson 5, Jefferson Airplane, Jethro Tull, Journey, J. Geils, Radiohead, Simon & Garfunkel, Zombies, Aerosmith, Chicago, Def Leppard, Dire Straits, INXS, Meat Loaf, Santana, Run-DMC, Snow Patrol, Tears for Fears, Beach Boys, Band, Cure, Rolling Stones, Whitesnake, and Yes...not to mention the bands they could have tried to secure songs from no matter how much money it'd take to convince them, such as Eagles, Clapton, Van Halen, and Led Zeppelin. As it is, Pantera is about to overtake the Who and Tom Petty. :(

Pantera does deserve that many songs as they are one of the most popular metal bands. And these are the songs that people were hoping for, not the Great Southern Trendkill. (Actually people were probably hoping for Cowboys from Hell material, but I always preferred Vulgar Display of Power, so it worked out for me.)
  • RM-225RM-225 Rising Star
    edited May 2011
    Congratulations to Peter Frampton for making it to Rock Band.

It's nice to get to say that properly.
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited May 2011
    "No, no, no, I want you to show me the way!"

"Is that a Frampton reference...IN MY STORE?!"

Getting the Pantera pack. Good week!