Official Discussion - Ozzy Osbourne 8 Pack Coming 5/31 - 2 songs exclusive to pack

Comments

• KEWBKEWB Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    ClaptonsWig;4394323 said:
    As with catch 22, I will take that bet. There is no way in hell Ozzy is going to get a RB3 Version track over more deserving bands, such as Boston, The Cars, Grateful Dead, etc. We've only seen 2 artists with this treatment in regular DLC and sadly saw RBN get a couple. (Not going to lie, Africa was really pointless.)

Kind of off-topic, but I'm pretty sure the main draw for Africa's RB3 version was the proper pro drums charting.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    broncosfan06;4394252 said:
    While Im excited Im also slightly nervous, Im willing to bet at least 2 or 3 of this 8 pack will be "RB3 Versions" of Ozzy songs we already have

I'm pretty sure at least No More Tears doesn't have near enough keys or harmonies to justify an upgrade. Same goes for the other two even moreso.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited May 2011
    dog037;4394354 said:
    Actually it came out a week after Crazy Train was announced.
    The pack was definitely announced before, because everyone baaaw'd over no Crazy Train.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited May 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4394407 said:
    The pack was definitely announced before, because everyone baaaw'd over no Crazy Train.

Yep, the pack was announced a week before it came out, everyone wondered why there was no Crazy Train, then Rock Band 3 details were released, then the pack came out on Tuesday.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited May 2011
    I'm still wondering if this will be called the "Ozzy Osbourne Pack 02" or the long winded title "Ozzy Osbourne 30th Anniversary Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of A Madman Pack 01" to keep up with the trend of strange long titled pack names. (i.e. Celebrating Band on the Run, Roy Orbison: 75th Birthday Pack, The Doors Greatest Hits: Special Edition)
  • SnitskySnitsky Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    My 8 personal Ozzy picks would be :
    Flying high again
    Killer of giants
    Over the mountain
    Bark at the moon
    I don't know
    Mr. Crowley
    S.A.T.O.
    Shot in the dark
    edited May 2011
    Oh god, Shot in the Dark is right behind Hellraiser as the song I'd want the most.

Thankfully, I could easily see Shot in the Dark being in there. But, knowing my luck, it won't be :'(
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited May 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4394470 said:
    Oh god, Shot in the Dark is right behind Hellraiser as the song I'd want the most.

Thankfully, I could easily see Shot in the Dark being in there. But, knowing my luck, it won't be :'(

Marry me. LOL
    I love that song.. if it's in the game you will get a big virtual hug. ;)
    LMAO
    edited May 2011
    Witticus;4394454 said:
    The Doors Greatest Hits: Special Edition)
    Did this conflict with the nonexistent Doors 01?
    edited May 2011
    It just has one of the most hauntingly beautiful melodies out there.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited May 2011
    Witticus;4394454 said:
    I'm still wondering if this will be called the "Ozzy Osbourne Pack 02" or the long winded title "Ozzy Osbourne 30th Anniversary Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of A Madman Pack 01" to keep up with the trend of strange long titled pack names. (i.e. Celebrating Band on the Run, Roy Orbison: 75th Birthday Pack, The Doors Greatest Hits: Special Edition)
    Don't forget Queen Extravaganza, Nirvana Bleach Pack (yet the Nevermind packs were just called Nirvana), Paul McCartney New York City pack (so if they do a Paul McCartney pack 01 it would actually be his third pack), and Dragonforce Hootenanny 01.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited May 2011
    I'm not convinced it's all live, just because three of the tracks that make up the 11 are Black Sabbath songs. I mean, the point of covers back in the old days was to work around not receiving the masters to songs like Juke Box Hero or Tom Sawyer. Needing the original artist's approval on a cover of a song would defeat the purpose of getting a cover in the first place, wouldn't it?

Same thought process applies here, really. Saying the eight songs are live because 11 minus 3 Sabbath songs equals eight isn't a valid argument
    edited May 2011
    SirDavidTLynch;4394492 said:
    Don't forget Queen Extravaganza, Nirvana Bleach Pack (yet the Nevermind packs were just called Nirvana), and Dragonforce Hootenanny 01.
    I think since Sub Pop planned to push their whole library through RBN(which included Bleach), Harmonix called it as such because it would be definitively the Bleach content they would release.
  • PaperMario21PaperMario21 Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    It' can't be that we're getting live pack.
    Article mentioned tracks from both albums, so it should be alright.
  • edited May 2011
    8 Ozzy songs? Christmas coming early this year!
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited May 2011
    Unfortunately, I'll probably only bite if there are some Black Sabbath songs in there. I'm guessing there won't be, since this is so directly tied to the Ozzy solo albums.

Or if "Hellraiser" is in there, might get that if it shows up (Even though it's not on either of those albums).
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    HeyRiles;4394493 said:
    I'm not convinced it's all live, just because three of the tracks that make up the 11 are Black Sabbath songs. I mean, the point of covers back in the old days was to work around not receiving the masters to songs like Juke Box Hero or Tom Sawyer. Needing the original artist's approval on a cover of a song would defeat the purpose of getting a cover in the first place, wouldn't it?
    Sorry, man. Copyright 101 says that you still need the original artist's permission to recreate their words/melodies in a non-parody manner.

So, yes... there would still be copyright issues even if it were just a cover.
  • SnitskySnitsky Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    SirDavidTLynch;4394492 said:
    Dragonforce Hootenanny 01.

LMFAO dude!
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    PaperMario21;4394526 said:
    It' can't be that we're getting live pack.
    Article mentioned tracks from both albums, so it should be alright.

What article is that?
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    Santa Claustrophobia;4394687 said:
    What article is that?

Game Informer
  • meck77meck77 Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    One song I think I would like in this pack that no one has mentioned is Mr. Tinkertrain. I would think that the 8 songs will be off of Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman since the 30year re-release of those two albums seems to be the reason for the DLC.
  • meck77meck77 Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    If we get 8 from his entire career span I think this would be my wishlist

Mr. Tinkertrain
    Shot in the dark
    S.A.T.O.
    Flying high again
    Over the mountain
    Mr.Crowley
    The Ultimate Sin
    You cant kill rock and roll
  • QuaszarQuaszar Opening Act
    edited May 2011
    If ALL 8 Ozzy songs are live then Harmonix has made its biggest DLC blunder to date. Next weeks Peter Frampton song is the live version as it should be since that song and Frampton himself became a star due to his live album. I also get the live Kiss tracks as DLC for the same reason. But having Ozzy's best songs on his 2 best cds (IMO) live DLC instead of the studio versions that we are know and like would be huge mistake.
    edited May 2011
    Quaszar;4394955 said:
    If ALL 8 Ozzy songs are live then Harmonix has made its biggest DLC blunder to date.
    British Steel: 30th Anniversary
  • madillmamadillma Rising Star
    edited May 2011
    I'd love a RB3 version of "No More Tears". There's about a minute of keyboard solo in there, currently uncharted!
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited May 2011
    I never got the original "No More Tears", but I meant to, so it's beneficiary for me at least if there's a RB3 version.

I doubt it, and I can't blame the people though who have to pay the song again.
  • A New Pyro FoolA New Pyro Fool Forum Comedian
    edited May 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4394959 said:
    British Steel: 30th Anniversary
    Worst thing to happen to Rock Band since the Moving Pictures delay.
    edited May 2011
    A New Pyro Fool;4395126 said:
    Worst thing to happen to Rock Band since the Moving Pictures delay.
    Yeah, it was pretty awful.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited May 2011
    It was fun to see the reactions when the Naked Brothers Band was announced.
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    Would be nice if we got Bark at the Moon... That'd knock another GH1 song off that list.