Favorite Radiohead Album?

hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
edited May 2011 in History of Rock
Okay yeah, I'm bored and decided they're diverse enough that we can get some pretty different answers so I'm interested in what people's favorite Radiohead albums are.

Mine's Kid A.

Comments

• exploderexploder Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    Ok Computer
  • killer_roachkiller_roach Washed Up
    edited May 2011
    Kid A, followed by The King of Limbs, OK Computer, and Amnesiac.
  • CubecubedCubecubed Washed Up
    edited May 2011
    The Bends,for sure.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited May 2011
    I'm old school...between PH and the Bends, I picked the Bends as well.
  • swet07swet07 Rising Star
    edited May 2011
    lol Radiohead, but no seriously i need to start with a good album from deez guys
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited May 2011
    The Bends.

I will always, always, ALWAYS believe Radiohead are much better as a straightforward rock band than anything else. Leave the experimentation to musicians who are actually good at it, please.
  • neckermanncjneckermanncj Washed Up
    edited May 2011
    lol Radiohead are so boring to me now...
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited May 2011
    Honestly, for a band that has extreme praise, I can't find a Radiohead album I can really get into. People say it's about deep emotion and lyrics, but when it comes to music that not what I'm really after, unless it's done so effectively it vibrates through the musical structure, but... I don't see that in Radiohead.

Long story short: I don't like them, but I don't hate them either.
  • Lameboy19Lameboy19 Headliner
    edited May 2011
    amnesiac is clearly the best album.

actually if I had to choose it'd be OKC, they just don't do it for me like they used to
  • soup567soup567 Headliner
    edited May 2011
    lol radiohead

And lol at what Snitsky posted. That was hilarious.
  • clashcityrocker10clashcityrocker10 Headliner
    edited May 2011
    Tough call, and I kinda rotate amongst the four albums from The Bends to Amnesiac, but for now I'll say Kid A.
  • SnitskySnitsky Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    soup567;4395340 said:
    lol radiohead

And lol at what Snitsky posted. That was hilarious.

And they had the nerve to remove my elaborate wikipedia article from the future in an alternate universe....... bastards......
  • seriousbussonseriousbusson Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    neckermanncj;4395163 said:
    lol Radiohead are so boring to me now...

This.
  • soup567soup567 Headliner
    edited May 2011
    Snitsky;4396526 said:
    And they had the nerve to remove my elaborate wikipedia article from the future in an alternate universe....... bastards......

You should enact you vengeance on them!

=P
  • 291j291j291j291j Unsigned
    edited May 2011
    My top 3 in order
    In Rainbows
    The Bends
    OK Computer
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    For me, the top 3 is:

1-Hail To The Thief: this is stunning beautiful. Dark atmosphere with amazing sound. This album is perfect.

2- Ok Computer: Closer to HTTT but there are some songs that aren't that great to me (no surprises above all), so I can't consider it a "perfect" album, but Paranoid Android almost makes up to it.
    Fitter-Happier is one of my favourite tracks. So sad, so cynical, and that "speakonia" voice is so unnatural that almost makes me cry. I know it's not a song, but it's very emotional to me.

3 - The Bends: their most "rock" album, still one of their best imo. Raw guitar and sounds in general, I enjoy listening to it even if it's really simple, technically speaking.

Never loved their electro influence. I haven't heard KoL already, but I didn't like the single, so I'm not craving to hear it.
  • Soror_YZBLSoror_YZBL Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    Why was Snitsky's post deleted?
  • SnitskySnitsky Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    hiimSMAP;4396942 said:
    Why was Snitsky's post deleted?
    It exceeded the LOL-limit :(
    edited May 2011
    TheDescent;4396630 said:
    Never loved their electro influence. I haven't heard KoL already, but I didn't like the single, so I'm not craving to hear it.

And yet you rated Hail To The Thief #1... *shakes head*

Then again, if you're not a fan of Krautrock, it might be the only album they've done this century that would have any appeal to you.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited May 2011
    In The Aeroplane Over The Sea.
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited May 2011
    My favorite Radiohead album is the one generally hated by the Radiohead Fanbase. ;)
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited May 2011
    darkwinterbeast8;4397776 said:
    My favorite Radiohead album is the one generally hated by the Radiohead Fanbase. ;)

You didn't vote Pablo Honey. :rolleyes:
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited May 2011
    FlyGuyLXI;4397811 said:
    You didn't vote Pablo Honey. :rolleyes:

That's the one hated by Radiohead themselves. :p
  • Lameboy19Lameboy19 Headliner
    edited May 2011
    darkwinterbeast8;4397813 said:
    That's the one hated by Radiohead themselves. :p

I think it's cause of that creep that won't leave them alone
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited May 2011
    Really surprised that OK Computer is as low as it is. What gives? Wasn't there a huge request thread for it? Oh well, my favorite is The Bends, let's get that one for DLC instead!
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited May 2011
    That's really a difficult decision, between OK Computer and Kid A to be specific.
    Kid A wins. (Prefer OKC in RB though)
    BohemianMatt;4398932 said:
    Really surprised that OK Computer is as low as it is. What gives? Wasn't there a huge request thread for it? Oh well, my favorite is The Bends, let's get that one for DLC instead!

There still is a big thread for it and I guess many who want OKC for DLC voted Kid A here. Just like I did. I love Kid A the most, but it would not work as good as OKC in RB. So, OKC in RB please.

@necker: Why did you vote "lol radiohead"?? o_O
    edited May 2011
    Coldplayer;4400049 said:
    There still is a big thread for it and I guess many who want OKC for DLC voted Kid A here. Just like I did. I love Kid A the most, but it would not work as good as OKC in RB. So, OKC in RB please.

I would think that the OKC fans would gravitate more to The Bends than Kid A, but I could be wrong.
  • TeamAliceFTWTeamAliceFTW Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    swet07;4395144 said:
    lol Radiohead, but no seriously i need to start with a good album from deez guys
    The best to start with would probably be OK Computer.
  • swet07swet07 Rising Star
    edited May 2011
    TeamAliceFTW;4400243 said:
    The best to start with would probably be OK Computer.

Yea i tried OKC a long time ago and didnt like it, However Kid A and In rainbows have been appealing to me lately.
    Never thought I'd say that.